Suns updates and discussion for the 2020-21 season

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Notice the same thing that I am?No cp3 on the court during this possession.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Bring the d suns! We can get game 1 without cp3. Two games?.....eeeeehhhhh

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We need to stay humble and keep winning. If we some how make it to the finals and the Nets make it.. majority of the US would want to see us take down a super team.

Yeah. No one is going to be loving on the Nets except the media.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I know it is a different sport but when I went to the Cards' Super Bowl we went to Epcot a few days before the game. Virtually every NFL team was represented by guys wearing their team's jersey, Vikings, Packers, Chiefs, Patriots etc. EVERY single one of them came up and shook our hands and said they were pulling for the Cards (except the Stealers fans of course) . It was amazing. And, of yeah, they all were buying us a beer at virtually every country there. It was crazy. We had to call a taxi to take us to where we were staying and pick up our rental the next day. I hope the Suns have that kind of backing IF we make it to the finals. FO :suns:

Last edited:

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I know it is a different sport but when I went to the Cards' Super Bowl we went to Epcot a few days before the game. Virtually every NFL team was represented by guys wearing their team's jersey, Vikings, Packers, Chiefs, Patriots etc. EVERY single one of them came up and shook our hands and said they were pulling for the Cards (except the Stealers fans of course) . It was amazing. And, of yeah, they all were buying us a beer at virtually every country there. It was crazy. We had to call a taxi to take us to where we were staying and pick up our rental the next day. I hope the Suns have that kind of backing IF we make it to the finals. FO :suns:

I think they will if we get there. From what I notice when a small market team like every Arizona team takes on a big market, media darling or super team on the big stage everyone will rally to support the underdogs unless its the other team or rivals. Talking crap or getting chippy with those teams seems to be encourage. If its against another small market team thats when talking crap and getting chippy will make our team look like bullies.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Report: Suns' Willie Green a candidate for Magic head coach vacancy
Phoenix Suns assistant coach Willie Green is reportedly among a list of candidates for the Orlando Magic’s head coach vacancy following Steve Clifford’s departure from the organization.

Per The Athletic’s Josh Robbins, the Magic have asked permission to interview Green, as well as Milwaukee Bucks assistant coach Charles Lee and Brooklyn Nets assistant coach Ime Udoka.

Green, 39, has been on head coach Monty Williams’ staff since his arrival to the Valley in 2019. The coaching staff sports an 85-60 record over two seasons. The Suns returned to the playoffs this season, earning a Western Conference Finals berth, which is expected to begin either Sunday or Tuesday against the winner of the Los Angeles Clippers-Utah Jazz series.

Report: Suns' Willie Green a candidate for Magic head coaching job (arizonasports.com)

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Suns take a moment to indulge before setting sights on conference finals challenge
With an opponent still to be determined, the Suns must now navigate the beginning of the conference finals without potentially Chris Paul.
“I think guys are always ready to play, especially in these moments,” Williams said. “Obviously, Chris Paul is not someone that you fill in for easily, but it’s the reason why your player development program is so important. We’ve had guys this year step up in big moments at the position from [Cameron] Payne to E’Twaun [Moore]. [Devin Booker] has even played some point for us from time-to-time. So, our guys are ready for the challenge.

“Everybody’s dealing with it. If you look around the league, Philly’s got a situation, the Clippers have a situation, Utah’s had one for a while. Everybody’s dealing with it. So, we don’t feel like we’re the only ones dealing with a situation when it comes to health and trying to stay healthy. It’s what you prepare for as a staff and as a team. We feel like our guys are ready for whatever presents itself.”

Phoenix plans to evaluate Paul, who is reportedly vaccinated, on Saturday and update his status. The earliest the conference finals can start is Sunday, depending on the finish date of the Western Conference semifinals matchup between the LA Clippers and the Utah Jazz.
Suns take a moment to indulge before setting sights on conference finals challenge | NBA.com

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Suns setting tone, finding right stride on defensive end in playoffs
That sort of freedom head coach Monty Williams gives his guys in that scheme allows them to be playmakers as well, something they’re getting a better feel for as time goes on by knowing their teammates will set them up to be that too.

A few examples to show that.

Here’s Bridges behind Michael Porter Jr. in transition, stalking his prey and timing his arrival perfectly. all while Chris Paul at least impedes Porter’s path:

Suns setting tone, finding right stride on defensive end in playoffs (arizonasports.com)

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Many say that Willie Green has had a huge impact on this team. Tough to see him go, but he deserves the opportunity.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Stephen A today…

I’m going to say here on national media, Devin Booker is the next Kobe Bryant.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson