Pick 16

Reaction score
Keim pick is a bust pick. Doesn't matter.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Yup, Murray, DHump, Murphy, Allen, Lawrence, Thompson, Baker, Golden, Cole etc all busts. He couldn't pick a dime from a pile of pennies. ;)

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Yup, Murray, DHump, Murphy, Allen, Lawrence, Thompson, Baker, Golden, Cole etc all busts. He couldn't pick a dime from a pile of pennies. ;)
Outside of Murray and Baker, most of those guys are mediocre or average-at-best players. And Golden doesn't quite count in the sense that we let him go for years and only got him back because he got cut.

I think we should go CB in this draft. And he'd better not be a slot corner we can't play anywhere else.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Dumb since Cosmi wouldn’t be able to slide to Guard.
And josh jones is 6-6, right? I know you want big long-armed offensive linemen, but if you slide jones over to guard you’re going to build a wall over which kyler won’t be able to see or throw.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last year that pick merits us a Justin Jefferson or CeeDee Lamb.

Which way do you go this year? Unless you add a free agent I think another playmaking WR is the greatest need.

I'm just going to Waddle right in and suggest Jaylen! Or a CB, honestly we still need help just about everywhere, I'd argue safety is probably our strongest current position, need help at CB, LB(inside), and on the DL, on OL, at WR, at RB, hell we need a backup QB a kicker and a punter too.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Early take...

If we can get an impact player at 16...great. If not, I would like to trade down for an extra 2nd rd pick and draft Najee Harris. I think he is special.

I know that is a luxury pick but imagine Dalvin Cook in this offense.

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why the board allows this crap I have no idea.
You must be registered for see images attach

isn’t this guy your brother? You should really have a conversation about this. I mean since you would like to police how people act on here

I for one am shocked the board allows this kinda stuff to go on, my heavens.

I’ve seen a lot worse here but we all have our limits and some men here are just more sensitive than others.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
like calling the QB a “whiny B....” after he got hurt??????

I’ve seen a lot worse here but we all have our limits and some men here are just more sensitive than others.
That wasn’t me. And it wasn’t directed at a fellow poster. It’s poor form on your part. Not in any way football related.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Im all for trade down and draft 2 interior lineman in the first 3 picks. We really need to upgrade all three positions, so I'm thinking 2 rookies and a FA.

It is the "keep Kyler in the game" draft. He needs stud o-lineman in the middle, he needs a solid #2 WR, and he needs a running game that can get short yardage because he doesn't even run the traditional QB sneak. We need to be able to get 2-3 yards via the ground.

Drafting a first round, or 2 2nd round guards/centers would really infuse a lot of talent into that group.

At worst you sign 1 free agent, draft 1 interior lineman and start Galliard. Cole might have value as a swiss army 7th guy because he could play RT in a pinch too....but IMO our worst case scenario line for next year to give Kyler a shot to get better

DJ-Free agent - Galliard - 1/2 round rookie - Jones.

That has the potential to be a line that could gel for 2-3 years.

You might end up with 2-3 guys out of that group that are actually above agerage lineman.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Im all for trade down and draft 2 interior lineman in the first 3 picks. We really need to upgrade all three positions, so I'm thinking 2 rookies and a FA.

It is the "keep Kyler in the game" draft. He needs stud o-lineman in the middle, he needs a solid #2 WR, and he needs a running game that can get short yardage because he doesn't even run the traditional QB sneak. We need to be able to get 2-3 yards via the ground.

Drafting a first round, or 2 2nd round guards/centers would really infuse a lot of talent into that group.

At worst you sign 1 free agent, draft 1 interior lineman and start Galliard. Cole might have value as a swiss army 7th guy because he could play RT in a pinch too....but IMO our worst case scenario line for next year to give Kyler a shot to get better

DJ-Free agent - Galliard - 1/2 round rookie - Jones.

That has the potential to be a line that could gel for 2-3 years.

You might end up with 2-3 guys out of that group that are actually above agerage lineman.

No way they change 4 starters in the offensive line
We need a guard and maybe a center to compete with Galliard or Cole if he improves
Thats why I m fine resigning Beachum cause we have no idea if Josh Jones can be the starter

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
No way they change 4 starters in the offensive line
We need a guard and maybe a center to compete with Galliard or Cole if he improves
Thats why I m fine resigning Beachum cause we have no idea if Josh Jones can be the starter
I think I go into 2021 thinking The Captain at LT, Pugh at LG and Jones at RT. That leaves two spots. Murray is a great swing OL, but he is not starting material. Neither Cole or Gaillard has shown anything to make you think they are 100% an answer at C. I understand Gaillard didn't get much of a shot, but Kugler saw him every day and felt Cole was a better option. I have no reason to doubt Kugler at this point.

So, C and RG. Preferably a vet RG so Jones isnt' starting next to a first time player as well. If you can't get a vet RG, get a vet C and grab an OG high in the draft.

I understand the hesitancy with Josh Jones but Keim's picks need to used sooner vs later. We have wasted too many resources grabbing multiple players at the same position only to get marginal return. It is time for Keim to show he has what it takes to draft contributors.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steph Curry just dropped 62 points last night but if you look at the start of his career you would think he wasn’t anything special because his body wasn’t ready for the NBA.

Arron Rodgers started his career on the bench

it’s called “developing” I know odd. What a concept.

just stop.

If I’m confusing you with someone else then ignore, but didnt you argue pretty hard against the same things said for tagging or paying Redick, taking away his best game, etc to show why we shouldn’t resign him or tag himto make him prove it? Aren’t their situations incredibly similar only one year different from each other?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

what the hell have Lawrence, Thompson or Cole ever done on the field to distinguish themselves from the worth of a penny?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
what the hell have Lawrence, Thompson or Cole ever done on the field to distinguish themselves from the worth of a penny?
Yeah I was just shaking my head at Lawrence. At least as bad as Cole has been he’s started a bunch of games (and been an awful failure). And Thompson hasn’t played enough games to be anything yet but hope.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah I was just shaking my head at Lawrence. At least as bad as Cole has been he’s started a bunch of games (and been an awful failure). And Thompson hasn’t played enough games to be anything yet but hope.
I had higher hopes for him, he got hurt, missed games, didn't have a preseason to learn faster, but yeah he didn't have any impact at all
Can u give him a chance in his second year before calling him awful failure ?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I had higher hopes for him, but he got hurt, missed games, didn't have a preseason to learn faster, but he didn't have any impact at all
Can u give him a chance in his second year before calling awful failure ?
I don't think he's calling him an awful failure, just that there's nothing to indicate he or most of the players on that list should be considered wins for Keim.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think he's calling him an awful failure, just that there's nothing to indicate he or most of the players on that list should be considered wins for Keim.

There is nothing to indicate he can't be a serviceable player
Was a weird year, if u check the grades many rookies struggled more then ever

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Right, but @cardncubfan chose him specifically in a group of players that are supposed to show Keim is good at drafting. If Lawrence is given a pass to get better and considered a "success," why haven't we included Simmons? Or Fotu? Or Josh Jones?

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Right, but @cardncubfan chose him specifically in a group of players that are supposed to show Keim is good at drafting. If Lawrence is given a pass to get better and considered a "success," why haven't we included Simmons? Or Fotu? Or Josh Jones?

Cause he wrote etc etc, didn't want to write every names

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
To me the most fun and exciting teams to watch are those with a great big RB with speed. I think every team needs one, especially the Cards if Murray is capable of reaching his potential. You can't rely on Murray to carry this team. There is nothing like having a great RB who can break tackles, move the pile 3 or 4 more yards on each run, and still fast enough to take it all the way.

With that said, I would be in favor of trading back far enough to still get Najee Harris, end up with 2 seconds or at least an additional high 3rd. Then we can still get a OLman and WR, if (and its a big if) Keim can draft the right ones.

My imaginary best draft would look something like:
A trade of our 1st R pick to Jets for their later 1st, early 3rd, and early 5th then we have a draft that looks like:

27th - RB, Harris - Don't know anyone else in this draft that compares to his physical traits we need
49th - CB, Jaycee Horn - or whoever is best CB at that pick
66th - WR, Nico Collins - or any big, tall, WR with sure potential to be a #1 WR
79th - OL, Alijah Vera-Tucker - or any potentially good OG with some OT experience
129th - DT, Quinton Bohanna - or some huge run stopper in middle, no need to be a 3 down player
143rd - BPA
206th - BPA

The greatest flaw in this model is the fact that the Jets need and are likely to take a RB in the early rounds and possibly would covet Harris.

And might I add, if Surtain or Farley, CB or Devonta Smith, WR, Alabama were available to us, then all trades are off.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I had higher hopes for him, he got hurt, missed games, didn't have a preseason to learn faster, but yeah he didn't have any impact at all
Can u give him a chance in his second year before calling him awful failure ?
Reread what i typed. I was calling Cole an awful failure. I am saying Lawrence hasn’t done anything yet to be counted as a plus. That’s a tough statement to argue against, no?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That’s just it, there’s nothing to indicate what Lawrence will be. So we can’t count on him being a keim draft success.