Wide Receiver

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
All in all Jones had a very good season for a rookie. There is almost no chance they are moving on from him at this point. Especially not for someone that has some injury concerns (even if he is given a clean bill of health before the draft).
Did he? Go look at who he performed well against. And go look at his fumble and turnover numbers. The kid is better than Rosen..... But is far from even average IMO.
For the same reason we won’t pull a Rosen with Murray.

Not even close.

Probably because Daniel Jones showed A LOT more than Rosen did.

Sure.... But I think almost all QB's showed more than Rosen.

Again..... Critically....... Daniel Jones had a very poor to average year.

12 INT's & 11 Fumbles lost. In 12 games. 23 turnovers in 12 games.

His best game was his first (almost) full game in Tampa.

He beat Tampa once and the Skins twice. That's it.

I would be all over Tua this year if I was a Giants fan just like I was all over Kyler last year.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
All in all Jones had a very good season for a rookie. There is almost no chance they are moving on from him at this point. Especially not for someone that has some injury concerns (even if he is given a clean bill of health before the draft).

Yeah, Barkley missed 3 games and was hobbled a bit. Engram missed half the season and his backup Ellison missed 6 games. Their WRs, Tate missed 5 and Shepard missed 6 so their offense was pretty messed up with no continuity to it. Even Jones missed a couple games.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Did he? Go look at who he performed well against. And go look at his fumble and turnover numbers. The kid is better than Rosen..... But is far from even average IMO.

Not even close.
He is not far from average IMO and he is well above average for a rookie QB. Yes he needs to work on the fumbles, but he has been pretty good in just about every other way.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Following my gut -

I figure Gettlesman will look forward to trading his top pick for a bunch of draft picks he can use to wheel and deal with (Why bother to become GM if you can't "play with your toys")?

As for Jones vs. a different young QB - I've always felt there are two templates for successful QBOF's: (1) physical freaks - cannon arm, happy feet, uncanny reads etc. or (2) Rock solid in a whole bunch of traits but not spectacular in any. Jones is more like Door #2.

The key for the Super-freak is not to be erratic or inconsistent - or so horrible in one aspect of playing QB that it more than cancels out most of the dude's good things.

The key for Mr. Rock Solid is to be "better than mediocre" in all aspects of play (i.e. most of these guys are pretty good but will never develop into anyone very good. (They'll remain bogged down in the mediocre "manager of the game" category.

Do the Giants feel Jones can take the tried, true (but boring) path to stardom? (He does have Roethlisberger-type physicality and mobility). That's for the Giants to (heh heh) Judge.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is my thought exactly. If he is a wide receiver in that mold, then I have no problem taking him. However, I don't trust Kiem to make the correct assessment seeing that he thought a guy like Isabella was better than DK Metcalf. With a top 10 pick, you need to pick the BPA. If the defenders are ranked higher, than go that route. If the WR's are rated higher than I don't have a problem with that.
We don’t need to trust Keim. Send Fitz to check him out. No one would be better to choose a #1 than Fitz.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson