Wide Receiver

Reaction score
It might be my fading memory, but wasn't John H the poster, who was a former Air Force flyer? And also, a baseball Cardinals or Cubs fan, in addition to the FB Cardinals? I see he has over 10K posts, but I don't remember many recently. If I'm wrong, please excuse me.

He's a Cubs fan for the record. ;)

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I think there's a slim chance we get a shot at him but just slim.

I figure the first 3 picks are Burrow, Young and Okudah. 4 is the Giants and they're the most likely team to take a WR ahead of us IMO but I've read they might prefer Lamb to Jeudy(no idea why just read they might). 5 the Dolphins take Tua, at 6 seems very popular that Chargers will be taking Herbert(not a huge fan myself). At 7 I just don't see Carolina taking a WR, could go OL like Thomas, could go defense like Simmons. So that would put us at 8 with Jeudy on the board.

The other thing of course is someone else could move in there as there are apparently teams that covet both Lamb and Jeudy that pick after us and might want to move up ahead of us to get one of them.
Young, Okudah & Jeudy. Those are the only three I would take ahead of Simmons at this point. Thomas has a chance to be the 4th though.

I can't wait for Monday! All of those WR's and Moss at TE will be quite the battle!

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I figure the first 3 picks are Burrow, Young and Okudah. 4 is the Giants and they're the most likely team to take a WR ahead of us IMO but I've read they might prefer Lamb to Jeudy(no idea why just read they might). 5 the Dolphins take Tua, at 6 seems very popular that Chargers will be taking Herbert(not a huge fan myself). At 7 I just don't see Carolina taking a WR, could go OL like Thomas, could go defense like Simmons. So that would put us at 8 with Jeudy on the board.

if you are the Giants, why wouldn't you auction off the #3 pick, especially if WR is your target?

I would think its in play because LAC is close enough, with a pretty good roster, to get there. Ditto Panthers who just hired Matt Rhule. Finally, after what they put their fans through -- the Dolphins HAVE to come away with a QB

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you are the Giants, why wouldn't you auction off the #3 pick, especially if WR is your target?

I would think its in play because LAC is close enough, with a pretty good roster, to get there. Ditto Panthers who just hired Matt Rhule. Finally, after what they put their fans through -- the Dolphins HAVE to come away with a QB
Great observation. They are in the catbird seat. It all depends how Tua tests out. If he is good to go I think they will trade out .

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I think the Giants need a LT.

You have a franchise QB and RB...need a LT.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
If Tua grades well...... why wouldn't they pull a "Rosen"?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Agreed but who do they trade with? if it's Miami or SD they are thinking it makes no sense to move up 1 spot when we know the Giants won't take Tua so unless they think SD at 6 is trading with the Giants to get Tua, they'll stand pat. So basically the Giants have to create a bidding war between Miami and SD and that's for a guy who yeah is coveted, but coming off a very serious injury. Not sure it will happen.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I think the Gmen may need to consider strongly that Jones is not the right QB for them. It's hard to fix a QB's fumbling issue. And if you don't throw like Kurt Warner...... a team may not have much patience.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not sure Keim even trusts his own evaluations of WR anymore. He'll go another route.
The route he will go is pick the WR that runs the wrong "routes" lol. Sorry couldn't help myself. Honestly, he will just look at the mock draft PFF does & pick whoever they have us selecting at #8 lol.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think the Gmen may need to consider strongly that Jones is not the right QB for them. It's hard to fix a QB's fumbling issue. And if you don't throw like Kurt Warner...... a team may not have much patience.
They may need to consider it but it won't happen. They're sticking with Jones for the next couple yrs at least imo. It was just announced on the NFL network that the Giants have hired Joe Judge as their new HC. He was the ST coordinator & WR's coach. Jones should work just fine in that Perkins/Ehrhart (sp) offense the new HC will run.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Daniel Jones:
You must be registered for see images attach

Josh Rosen:
You must be registered for see images attach

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
You want a good WR? Go grab a top mind on the Steelers scouting staff and promote him to a higher position in our front office.

Done

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
All in all Jones had a very good season for a rookie. There is almost no chance they are moving on from him at this point. Especially not for someone that has some injury concerns (even if he is given a clean bill of health before the draft).

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Agreed but who do they trade with? if it's Miami or SD they are thinking it makes no sense to move up 1 spot when we know the Giants won't take Tua so unless they think SD at 6 is trading with the Giants to get Tua, they'll stand pat.

Lets assume the following: Miami, LAC and CAR each believes Tua is head and shoulders above Herbert ( because if they think they are more or less comparable, none of this matters)

LAC and CAR know that Tua doesnt get past Miami.

They would have to move into the DET or NYG slots to get him.

MIA knows this as well-- same thing that motivated Chicago to move up one slot to take Trubisky in 2017. They were afraid that someone would move into the #2 SF slot and grab him

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They may need to consider it but it won't happen. They're sticking with Jones for the next couple yrs at least imo. It was just announced on the NFL network that the Giants have hired Joe Judge as their new HC. He was the ST coordinator & WR's coach. Jones should work just fine in that Perkins/Ehrhart (sp) offense the new HC will run.

So if they draft Jeudy, it is in fact Judge Jeudy. So Harry was right.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
NYG will not draft a QB, Jones showed too much, too Choose a Rosen like approach.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn