Chandler Jones Restructures Contract

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
that feels like 1.5 steps forward, 1 step back

you still have Justin Murray starting at RT, which is a problem

Trent Williams is a 7 time Pro Bowler.

DJ Humphries 0

DJ is 25 years old vs Trent 31. Not ideal but it worked out for the Rams.

You will have to give Trent Williams or DJ a new contract...I would rather pay Trent.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Everyone seems to think if it's Williams Humphries would move. Why would that be the best idea? If Williams is gonna have to come in and learn the offense why not put him on the right with Sweezy and make that side the battering ram in the red zone?

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I'm shocked that y'all think another shoe is going to drop here.
Will one? Not sure.

Moving money from this year and spreading it out over others means it is possibly in the works. It's atleast worth the discussion.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's gotta be trent williams - you just got your qb now it's time to protect him

Cards O line is pathetic....adding Williams is what you do
all pro LT's don't hit the market

Next the Cards only will need to get 2 guards a center and a RT :)

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
It's gotta be trent williams - you just got your qb now it's time to protect him

Cards O line is pathetic....adding Williams is what you do
all pro LT's don't hit the market

Next the Cards only will need to get 2 guards a center and a RT :)

Guards have actually been decent so far, but definitely agree on the Tackles and even Center. AQ is not getting it done and might be time to start Cole.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Guards have actually been decent so far, but definitely agree on the Tackles and even Center. AQ is not getting it done and might be time to start Cole.

JR on PFF is 70.4 decent enough
the other guard Pugh is 64.3 that's horrible ...especially considering the Rams, 9ers and Seattle have yet to play him
JR is the highest ranked PFF O line player the Cardinals have

Cards just got the QB - no protect him with Trent and move DJ to the right side (which probably won't work) and begin the total overhaul of these bums.

gbrim21

Veteran
Reaction score
Thank you Chandler Jones for being cooperative for the sake of your team... you do not get enough respect for being a player and a teammate :newcards:
Not sure if this is sarcastic, but you realize in order to restructure he just accepts more money in the form of a bonus today, right? He's not pushing salary down the road, quite the opposite.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Not sure if this is sarcastic, but you realize in order to restructure he just accepts more money in the form of a bonus today, right? He's not pushing salary down the road, quite the opposite.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

NFL players often cringe at restructuring a contract, on the principle of what it implies or this would happen frequently even though more money may be made apparent upfront from my experience watching teams trying to restructure with players... usually for good reason, players and front offices do not trust one another despite acts which benefit both sides

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
If it’s Williams it better not be huge contract or new deal that’s expensive because he is like 33 I believe.

If it is the Redskin does DJ go to the bench or RT? Or vice versa?

He is 31 at a position which can play late into their mid thirties... valuable time which can afford our rookie QB's maturation to be a successful franchise

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure why anyone is giving kudos to anyone. All this is is a salary acceleration. We dont know why yet. It's not a pay change or pay cut necessarily, just a reallocation

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure why anyone is giving kudos to anyone. All this is is a salary acceleration. We dont know why yet. It's not a pay change or pay cut necessarily, just a reallocation

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

agreed. if it's used to improve the team, I get giving kudos, but until that happens, I don't get the excitement generated in this thread.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson