I leave that to you.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter)
9/19/19, 3:43 AM
Cardinals restructured LB Chandler Jones’ contract Wednesday, freeing up $4 million against their cap for this season, per league sources.

Cardinals now have added flexibility this season. They don’t believe they will trade for CB Jalen Ramsey, but they did speak with Jaguars.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think this is a move to free up money for Trent Williams. Dollars wise it makes sense. They would not need to free up money for Ramsey - unless the deal included peterson and they were taking back a big salary from the Jags.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I'm reading the websites right we had 1.8 in caproom so now we have 5.8? how much caproom do you need to get Trent Williams? What I'm seeing is 3.525 online if that's true we have the caproom of course you have to get him to agree to a new deal before you trade so that you get him beyond this year.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If I'm reading the websites right we had 1.8 in caproom so now we have 5.8? how much caproom do you need to get Trent Williams? What I'm seeing is 3.525 online if that's true we have the caproom of course you have to get him to agree to a new deal before you trade so that you get him beyond this year.

His contract does not run out before after next season, but I still think you are right that it would probably be a good idea to address it. Reportedly he would like some more guaranteed money on the last two year of the contract.

However, his situation is a little different from many other holdouts in that it is not just about the money for Williams. Not long ago he had a tumor removed from his head, and he feels that the Redskins organization did not tread him fairly in that situation. So, it’s a matter of being nervous about his health, and feeling that his current employer did not care enough about it, and thus I don’t see him reporting to them at any point.

By the way, Humphries’ contract is up after this season, and I would much rather sign Williams to a long term deal than Humphries. I actually don’t think Humphries is a bad player, but Williams at his best is a top five or three offensive tackle in the league.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
The difference between Trent Williams' contract and Humphries...about 3m.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So if we do acquire Williams does that mean Humphreys go to the right side? Remember how bad he was on the right side?

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
If it’s Williams it better not be huge contract or new deal that’s expensive because he is like 33 I believe.

If it is the Redskin does DJ go to the bench or RT? Or vice versa?

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
So if we do acquire Williams does that mean Humphreys go to the right side? Remember how bad he was on the right side?

I doubt its happening but if it was...they would be traded for each other.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If it’s Williams it better not be huge contract or new deal that’s expensive because he is like 33 I believe.

If it is the Redskin does DJ go to the bench or RT? Or vice versa?
31 (july), signed thru next year with a $12.5 million base + $250000 Roster Bonus and $1.9 million Option Bonus- wonder if we'd be on the hook for that

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Andrew Whitworth helped turn the Rams into what they are. A motivated Trent Williams COULD have a similar effect IMO.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I doubt its happening but if it was...they would be traded for each other.

I don't totally understand the cap if we trade Hump now are we taking a caphit or just unloading his cap hit? The 2 sites I've been looking at don't seem to agree on that point.

I was hoping we would keep him, move him back to RT, admittedly what would we have to offer Washington for Williams is a big question but they're not exactly in a position of strength right now he's not playing and it appears he won't play for awhile if they don't trade him.