Chandler Jones Restructures Contract

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Not true. The Cardinal O-lines from the middle part of this decade, which featured Veldheer at LT (and Bobby Massie at RT, and Sendlein at C) were more than capable, and kept a statuesque Palmer upright long enough for him to twice get us to the playoffs.

Keim's roster management has been a miserable failure the last three years Stout. I'm not arguing that. However, he's had his "hitting rock bottom" moment with the DUI incident. And it appears (appears I say!) that he's now sober, and re-energized.

If this season he demonstrates that he's back on track, then I think he deserves at least one more year to build on what we accomplish in 2019. Talented NFL GMs are too rare of a commodity. They should be cast aside only as a very last resort.

This season he has demonstrated the ability to sign OL who I KNEW for a FACT would go out injured. We don't need an idiot that does the same things over and over again (sign injury-prone OL) hoping for different results.

The problem is that he did do some good deals, many moons ago. And that went directly to his head, and he arrogantly decided he was the smartest person in the league. It has KILLED us in the draft and in free agency. And I don't want to give him a giant amount of cap space to fix what he has screwed up and shown no ability to fix. Why give a lame-duck GM that kind of sway over the future of the franchise? No thanks! You yourself said it's been a miserable failure for the last three years. Why give him a fourth?

I dont know. The Cardinals O line coach under Arians, Goodwin, was terrible. Players even made veiled comments about him last offseason.

With a **** oline coach, young players arent going to learn better technique and grow. The team drafted a bunch of mid to late round prospects over the course of the Keim regime. None have panned out. Keim deserves some of the blame, but coaching has played some part in it.

The line looks better so far and from what we know, I think Kugler deserves a ton of credit. Hopefully with a lot more to spend, the Cardinals finally spend some money on a RT and draft a legit prospect in round 1.

Keim's first three years as GM bought him some time, but that time is running out.

And he's responsible for the coaches too, so...yeah, we can lay it at the feet of the dysfunctional power structure at the time, but you're the GM. Buck stops with you. What are those drafted prospects doing now, anyway?

And, see above. With a lot more to spend I have full faith that he'll waste it.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
This season he has demonstrated the ability to sign OL who I KNEW for a FACT would go out injured. We don't need an idiot that does the same things over and over again (sign injury-prone OL) hoping for different results.

The problem is that he did do some good deals, many moons ago. And that went directly to his head, and he arrogantly decided he was the smartest person in the league. It has KILLED us in the draft and in free agency. And I don't want to give him a giant amount of cap space to fix what he has screwed up and shown no ability to fix. Why give a lame-duck GM that kind of sway over the future of the franchise? No thanks! You yourself said it's been a miserable failure for the last three years. Why give him a fourth?

And he's responsible for the coaches too, so...yeah, we can lay it at the feet of the dysfunctional power structure at the time, but you're the GM. Buck stops with you. What are those drafted prospects doing now, anyway?

More proof today. I cant defend him much longer.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Even the Giants and Jones get a win before the Cards, KK and Km. All with out Barkley for most of it

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

You may get your wish Stout.

The way the defense folded up today, I'm not sure we can even win four games, and it seems kind of doubtful the Keim could survive another 3-13 season.

Especially if they include more embarrassing losses like today.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You may get your wish Stout.

The way the defense folded up today, I'm not sure we can even win four games, and it seems kind of doubtful the Keim could survive another 3-13 season.

Especially if they include more embarrassing losses like today.

I mean, I hate watching my team lose--and I finally got to watch my team this season--but it's probably for the better. Not tanking like the fins, but just honest-to-god sucking. Keim will be gone, we'll get a high pick, and...sheesh, it'll be a mess no mater what.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Waiver wire?
I would say a trade. He doesn't have to worry about future draft picks if he has zero future. Trent Williams is the most obvious move as it is a media and need favored move. Jamal Adams is a possibility if he wants to "improve personnel" vs TE.

I don't know what the asking price is, but you have to think Keim is feeling heat.