Keim's Response

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Hmmm... It appears he was going for "fiery"... or maybe "sense of urgency".

I don't mind it, as long as he's holding himself to the same standard, and that he interacts with the players enough so that they can see that this is true.

His seat is pretty warm these days. If we put up another 3-13, which is entirely possible, he'll probably lose his job. It's easy to see why he might be a little on edge, but agree with everyone who said that he's responsible for this mess.

If he's really turned the corner, and is again trying to be a great GM, that's wonderful, but he's got to find an approach that will result in enough wins this year to buy him another season to straighten things out, and that might be close to impossible.
He’s never been a great GM.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
He’s never been a great GM.

He was great in the beginning when he was fleecing teams like the Raiders and Patriots in trades and signing productive rental players. His first-round failures are catching up to him as evidenced by the lack of talent, depth, and large cap hit we have in dead money.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All he had to say is "I brought these players in. I brought the coach in. This season good or bad, is as much on me as it is on anyone. I am confident in my selections though and I am sure we can turn this around before the regular season"

How hard is that?
That’s exactly what he should have said.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not suggesting he couldn't have taken some blame, but it's not like he is wrong in suggesting that a lot of the players didn't come to play. It definitely seemed like there was a lot of just kind of going through the motions out there by quite a few guys.
That falls on the head coach.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
All he had to say is "I brought these players in. I brought the coach in. This season good or bad, is as much on me as it is on anyone. I am confident in my selections though and I am sure we can turn this around before the regular season"

How hard is that?
Certainly didn't give off a "We're all in this together" vibe

Rather seemed to be getting in early on apportioning blame.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

How hard is that?

That would’ve been a heck of a lot better.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What I should’ve said is I just don’t care about his interviews. If he says something dramatic it’s going to sound bad. If he says the same generic crap every week it’s going to sound bad. Whatever he says is going to sound bad if we’re a terrible football team.
+1

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
O F F E N S I V E L I N E

I thought the whole point of drafting the most mobile QB since Wilson was so he could continue fielding a bad oline? Are you telling me we actually need a decent oline regardless of who is under center? :confused:

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought the whole point of drafting the most mobile QB since Wilson was so he could continue fielding a bad oline? Are you telling me we actually need a decent oline regardless of who is under center? :confused:
Well...uh...yeah.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson