Another day, another Cardinals legal issue (front office)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think its an issue in our country period. All the resources in the world and still getting a dui. All these wrong way drivers killing people ....all from drinking. You go to the game and 1 in 4 has a beer....they all didnt carpool. Obviously a discussion that is bigger than sports. I just dont like the organization taken to task when it was his choice. Just a bad story all around. Thank god no one was hurt.
You are who your people are.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Simple . Don’t drink then drive. We are talking about adult human beings who are responsible for their own decisions when they are “ off the clock”.

There is no excuse and it should be zero tolerance.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I live in Scottsdale right by old town and I can somehow walk, use the trolley, or take Uber whenever I have a drink.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So what I don’t get is when they slap him on the wrist because he’s in management, yet cut every player with character issues, what message does that send? The sudden negative culture of this team has me bugging out.

Last edited:

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
So what I don’t get is when they slap him on the wrist because he’s in management, yet cut every player with character issues, what message does that send? The sudden negative culture of this team has me bugging out.
Maybe it's just me, but I don't equate a DUI with pulling a gun on two women or with beating up your girlfriend and trying to choke her. Driving drunk was a really dumb decision on his part, but it doesn't automatically make him a bad person either.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but I don't equate a DUI with pulling a gun on two women or with beating up your girlfriend and trying to choke her. Driving drunk was a really dumb decision on his part, but it doesn't automatically make him a bad person either.
Of course unless that drunk driver kills someone. Just because he didn’t doesn’t mean it’s not serious.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's a conscious disregard for human life - the lives of every person on the road at the same time as he was driving drunk.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
It's a conscious disregard for human life - the lives of every person on the road at the same time as he was driving drunk.
It's not always a fully contious decision. I have seen people get DUI's while having a plan not to drive or not planning on drinking/just having one drink, but they end up getting drunk and plans fall through and then they make the determination while they are drunk that they are "sober enough" to drive home. The failure was in not having a plan and back up plan to get home safely before he went out, but I would suspect he didn't go out that night with a plan to get drunk and drive, or maybe he did, but none of us knows that.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not always a fully contious decision. I have seen people get DUI's while having a plan not to drive or not planning on drinking/just having one drink, but they end up getting drunk and plans fall through and then they make the determination while they are drunk that they are "sober enough" to drive home. The failure was in not having a plan and back up plan to get home safely before he went out, but I would suspect he didn't go out that night with a plan to get drunk and drive, or maybe he did, but none of us knows that.

It was a conscious decision regardless. I don't care about hypothetical plans one may or may not have had. It's common freaking sense - if you drink, don't drive. If you drink and drive - you must pay the consequences whether it's just an embarrassing arrest or an accident/death caused by your actions. It's 2019 and we have so many modes of transportation available for people who are drinking that even though there was no excuse before...there most definitely is no excuse now. I have no sympathy for anyone who gets behind the wheel wasted, but several seem to jump through hoops to make excuses for these idiots... SMH.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Come on guys. Drinking enough to get drunk affects your decision making in a lot (maybe all?) people. They completely change their demeanor. Nice quiet easy going people become combative jerks, refusing to listen to our do what's best.

We've all seen it. I know I have and have done it.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Come on guys. Drinking enough to get drunk affects your decision making in a lot (maybe all?) people. They completely change their demeanor. Nice quiet easy going people become combative jerks, refusing to listen to our do what's best.

I fundamentally disagree with this statement... I know plenty of people who can drink enough to be “drunk” and hold their composure as a decent person.

As far as DUIs go, I’m never going to demonize the guy who has three beers or whatever and blows a little above the legal limit, it’s not zero tolerance and some people can handle drinking a little more.

In this case though, no excuse. It was obviously egregious.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

:violin: Boo-freaking-hoo.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everyone who is throwing stones has more than likely drove drunk. Just fortunate not getting caught. Yes its embarrassing and unfortunate but lets not roast the guy when many ....including many on this board have probably got behind the wheel when you werent supposed to. Like the Cards said good he got caught before he hurt someone. Hopefully its isolated for him or he gets the help he needs.
To be honest I find that statement offensive and a commentary on your own personal behavior.

It seems clear that you are minimizing the seriousness of this as do most Americans.

For the record when I got DL back in 1975 nobody had to tell me DUI was bad. We got my friend on the insurance and we took turns driving long before there were designated drivers.

America does not take this seriously never has. Back then in UK 1st offence they tear you DL up for a year. You don't get to drive for work or school or anything no matter what your sob story is.

That was back then 40 years ago, in the US we are still more lenient

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Come on Michael. You were a DA. How embarrassing. Bidwill needs to fire this guy. Not because he got a DUI but because he got one after the embarrassment that Keim's DUI brought to the organization. If he retains him he loses all credibility. This is dereliction of duty. Bidwill Chair's the league’s Conduct Committee and he can't even set the tone with his highest level executives? They don't hesitate to cut players that get into trouble with the law so why the hypocrisy?

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
:violin: Boo-freaking-hoo.
Man you are insufferable...

Nobody is condoning his behavior or suggesting we should feel sorry for him or anything like that. We are just simply stating that a DUI doesn't automatically make someone a bad person. It's a very dumb decision and one that thousands of people make every single day.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Man you are insufferable...

Nobody is condoning his behavior or suggesting we should feel sorry for him or anything like that. We are just simply stating that a DUI doesn't automatically make someone a bad person. It's a very dumb decision and one that thousands of people make every single day.

Here is the thing, he isn't just anyone working for just anyone. He has a top job with a high-profile company whose brand has been tarnished for the very same behavior just a year ago. One of his jobs is overseeing all marketing so he of all people knows the value of brand he gets paid to be vigilant and protect that brand. He didn't just make a mistake, he failed in his job. The more successful and high profile you are the more impact your bad decisions have on the reputation of those around you and the company brand. I wouldn't suggest he is a bad person because I don't know the man, but I can say without question that he is stupid without knowing him.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Alcohol makes you honest...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
We've circled the wagons on this topic before, but I guess I can't understand why we're so openly allowed to serve alcohol to people in states where they are clearly going to be too drunk to drive unless someone can prove they have a DD or are leaving on public transportation.

Where is the responsibility of the people who are handing out the liquor? We perpetuate this culture by allowing it to consistently happen, and not offering useful public transportation in most cities.

Unfortunately, professional sports are the worst propagators of this. The Cardinals stadium, in a driving city, is far away from the center of the city, and has absolutely no public mass transit option. The light rail doesn't yet reach out there.

This seems like something so easily prevented with just a little pre-planning.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson