Another day, another Cardinals legal issue (front office)

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On a DUI that doesn’t involve an accident? That’s not how it goes here in Maryland.

100% accident irrelevant just Articulate the circumstances behind the DUI to a judge and get a warrant for the blood draw…

Reaction score
Standard procedure (at least in AZ) if the suspect refuses breathalyzer is to take blood sample. In fact even if they do submit to breathalyzer, blood sample is still usually taken.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Brak, why?

Because if he tested at something like .08 - .12, then that's not nearly as bad as the joker who tests at .24, .31, etc. If I'm Bidwill I'm FAR more tolerant of a barely-illegal figure than one that gets him hit with extreme DUI. Why does that matter to ME? Mostly curiosity.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what his salary is?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because if he tested at something like .08 - .12, then that's not nearly as bad as the joker who tests at .24, .31, etc. If I'm Bidwill I'm FAR more tolerant of a barely-illegal figure than one that gets him hit with extreme DUI. Why does that matter to ME? Mostly curiosity.

How about .19 ? #keim

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
100% accident irrelevant just Articulate the circumstances behind the DUI to a judge and get a warrant for the blood draw…
What circumstances? He was drunk? He didn’t hit anything. What cop or judge is wasting time in the middle of the night to make that warrant happen? By the time you got it, his level would’ve dropped significantly too.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They get them all the time, then have officers that have been trained to draw the blood themselves.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have a t
What circumstances? He was drunk? He didn’t hit anything. What cop or judge is wasting time in the middle of the night to make that warrant happen? By the time you got it, his level would’ve dropped significantly too.
Have a two hour timeframe and it’s way more streamlined then you think..

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it happens all the time man. This is common practice.

Reaction score
There are judges on call for DUI enforcement units. Welcome to the 21st century, Maryland!

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Shane can probably verify this but not only is there a time frame but in most states (and in Arizona for sure) they can use extrapolation to determine the level even after the normal time frame. On top of that, if you refuse an intoxylizer or blood test (most police departments actually let you choose one or the other if you are cooperative) in AZ you get an automatic 1 year license suspension. It is always better to cooperate.

And as an aside since I am late, .199 is BAD. once you get close to the .200 or above that is significantly *********. People can make the mistake of thinking they aren't drunk at lower levels but at that point you know you are bad or you are a functioning alcoholic. Im guessing he is the latter.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I try not to stick my neck out and give strong opinions, but I'm getting really tired of the text alerts from 620-620 letting me know that ANOTHER Cardinal has been arrested.

This team has a major culture problem and I'm disappointed that Mike hasn't done more to address it.

These are not the Arizona Cardinals I've loved all my life and want to root for. They may have been losers in the past but atleast our players and front office weren't constantly embarrassing us off the field as well.

FIX IT MIKE

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Six week suspension $200,000 fine plus legal fees should make it a lesson learned. Uber on speed dial.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Six week suspension $200,000 fine plus legal fees should make it a lesson learned. Uber on speed dial.
I still feel like a $200,000 fine is egregious.

I guess it depends on his salary, but still. I'm not even sure it's legal. Sure, they can fire you, but can they really fine you? I know I can't be fined at my workplace.

If I was fined $200,000, it would ruin my life. He's already got the legal fees. I hate coming to anyone's defense here, but it seems like he's just being hung out to dry because he makes more money.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I guess it depends on his salary, but still. I'm not even sure it's legal. Sure, they can fire you, but can they really fine you? I know I can't be fined at my workplace.

If I was fined $200,000, it would ruin my life. He's already got the legal fees. I hate coming to anyone's defense here, but it seems like he's just being hung out to dry because he makes more money.
Probably a conduct code agreement within his contract.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

Do you have a contract with your employer?