Like or Don't like this draft and Why?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I personally like what the Cards did in this draft. A LOT of pieces for this offense. We are giving Kingsbury a great chance to bring in his offense. Also, most picks seemed to be value picks. Guys rated higher than where we picked them. I can't wait to see this experimental offense can make it in the NFL. All our easier games are at the start of the season. This gives us a chance to work out the kinks!

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good on the surface.

Let's hope it all comes together and the coaching staff can coach them up

Last edited:

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So I've hopped on the Murray train and that pick in and of itself makes this a good draft. Now you add in all the seemingly great value picks that addressed areas of need then you have to be thrilled with this draft.

I would have liked to see an Olineman or two taken earlier in the draft but the value wasn't there when we picked. Had enough picks to move around some but where we had the most wouldn't have given us enough ammo to move up in the earlier rounds.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Didn't do as much as I expected at OL and defensive front 7, but I like the offensive skill position picks as fits within the air raid and like Murphy and Thompson in the secondary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
So far so good, looking forward to see how they develop. It will be rightly judged in a couple of years.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm right down the middle. Overwhelmingly unhappy with Kyler.

But the rest of the draft was very solid. I didn't love Isabella, I know nothing about Allen, but in the big picture, getting the guys we did later on fits into the big picture. I love the Butler pick.

We're all in on the Air Raid, which I'm still not sure about, but I get the plan and hope it pans out.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It was an emotional rollercoaster for me.

I like the Kyler Murray pick. Then as round 1 went by and it looked like we couldn’t move Rosen I lost my damn mind. Make no mistake they still handled that situation as bad as they could.

Round 2 starts and Byron Murphy is the pick at the time I was beyond pissed now given some time I mean if you come up in round 2 and the #1 CB in the draft and a top 15 talent is sitting there you kind of have to take him.

What saved this draft for me was Isabela and Butler sliding into round 3

Overall this draft looks good on paper

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Skeptical of the Murray pick.But I think SK did a good job overall with his picks this draft.No real WTF moments going who is this guy?

He pretty much went chalk which makes me think BA played a much bigger role in the past drafts considering the Bucs picked a small school CB at the top of the second round that was kind of off the radar

NYCARDS

Registered
Reaction score
Meh at best. I was not on the Murray wagon, I think Isabella is too small and we didn’t do enough to address the OL.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm skeptical of the Murray pick, but happy to see that once they went that way, they drafted accordingly. Looks like an outstanding class, but we won't have any idea for a while. Can the Air Raid offense even work in the NFL? We're gonna find out. Wake me in mid-October, curious to see what they can do in the first 6 weeks or so when all this is brand new.

Looking forward to the season now.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was a solid draft.

I kept expecting a trade down that never happened especially with the 33rd pick, but then the Cardinals would still be drafting.

Like the players drafted.

Ragnar

Veteran
Reaction score
At least this draft didn’t leave me with a WTF were you thinking Keim mindset!

Dante

All Star
Reaction score
Liked it overall and look forward to seeing how all of these guys play a part in our team when the regular season arrives.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You didn’t give me an option to love it.

1. I was split on the Murray / Rosen decision but I’m happy we decided to move into the new nfl. Murray comes in way ahead of the curve in this offense. I think hewill be more than fine.

2. I felt if we took Murray we needed at least two wr. We got three and we got three good ones with different skills .

3. We didn’t ignore the defensive side. With the additions I think this defense will be a top 10. That will help the offense.

If Kingsbury is everything everybody says about him this offense is going to be dynamic.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I think two of White/Isabella/Butler/KJ will pan out giving us legit five legit threats including DJ. I don’t mind the Kyler pick but his rookie year is going to be rough. I was thinking KK would be in his ear like McVay but he was already an established NFL play caller before he took over Goff. I would still rather have Rosen-Bosa/Q plus the rest of our draft going the way it did but I can’t deny Kyler’s upside if he can handle all the responsibilities of being an NFL QB on and off the field.

The 2020 draft is basically OL or bust now.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson