Quick Impression

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
I'm fine with Murphy and Allen. It's whatever. I don't know enough about them to be amped. I hate Murray, as is well known, and I don't have anything against Isabella, but think we have a logjam with this kind of receiver, and wish we had gone a different direction.

Drafting Ridley or Butler could make me feel a lot better.
Is Riddley still on the board?

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
He ran the 4.33 in the 40 but he tested really poorly in the other speed tests. His 3 cone drill time was slower than Tom Brady’s and his 20 yard shuttle was one of the worst in the draft for a WR. Can run fast straight but is super duper stiff in his lateral movement.

I know. He’s a talented player but he doesn’t look fast on tape either.

Like someone just said there’s gotta be a reason a guy with his size and a 4.33 fell as far as he did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't really understand where Harry is coming from on a lot of his assessments according to most draft "gurus" a lot of times we picked the best player available. Second round we picked what most experts felt was the best corner. We then pick one of the fastest well regarded receivers. Then we chose a DE they said was very strong and had a good motor that was higher ranked than we picked.. I am somewhat tired of the diminutive players though so I might have picked a taller receiver and picked that Olineman from Oklahoma but people with major question marks.. I'd rather pass this year, they rarely turn out for us.. Like Metcalf.. they say he is a great physical specimen but is really not a good football player yet and will take quite awhile to develop. The top Olineman has injury concerns and attitude problems so I wanted to pass on that..

I am tired of injury prone guys the most which it looks like we avoided but I am somewhat tired of undersized players and it looks like we went that route in the second and third.. qb is a different animal so I'll give that the benefit of the draft..but overall... we will be graded very high by NFL experts so Harry will be in the minority there.

I wanted Harry and we missed it by one pick.. If we could have had him I think it might have changed our whole draft.. I like big reliable receivers, I'm tired of speedsters with drops or guys who have a hard time with 50/50 balls.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not a typical keim draft... Looks more like a foundational draft like the raiders are doing... Trying to establish a team identity and culture. Solid picks...no big reaches so far
Keim definitely using input from coaching staffs. Picks on both sides of ball seem to fit just right with what we expect each coach staff to run this season. No converted running back to corner type projects so far as well which is a bonus

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think the thing is, KK plans to scheme these guys open. Coupled with Murray's escapability leading to broken coverages, I don't believe the most important thing is to have slot receivers who can win 50-50 balls. It's to get slot receivers who can maximize the scheme, get them the ball, and watch the yac roll in.

Sure we need an outside guy, but I think long term Kirk and Isabella have a chance to be pretty special at accomplishing the goal of the offense. Still want another slot, though we don't have to get it this year.

Also Kirk CAN play outside. Hakeem Butler can do both. Wouldn't mind him in the 4th if he's still there.

The idea isn't to win 50-50 balls. Nice when you need to, but it isn't the focus of this offense unlike Arians chuck it deep and grab it.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Pats fans wanted those guys because they played for Northeast schools. Nothing to do with them actually evaluating anyone. I am in the same boat as Harry. Rounds 2 and 3 I’m okay with but nothing has me excited. I don’t know if any of those guys are actually going to start I was kind of hoping for immediate contributors in rds 2&3.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I don't really understand where Harry is coming from on a lot of his assessments according to most draft "gurus" a lot of times we picked the best player available. Second round we picked what most experts felt was the best corner. We then pick one of the fastest well regarded receivers. Then we chose a DE they said was very strong and had a good motor that was higher ranked than we picked.. I am somewhat tired of the diminutive players though so I might have picked a taller receiver and picked that Olineman from Oklahoma but people with major question marks.. I'd rather pass this year, they rarely turn out for us.. Like Metcalf.. they say he is a great physical specimen but is really not a good football player yet and will take quite awhile to develop. The top Olineman has injury concerns and attitude problems so I wanted to pass on that..

I am tired of injury prone guys the most which it looks like we avoided but I am somewhat tired of undersized players and it looks like we went that route in the second and third.. qb is a different animal so I'll give that the benefit of the draft..but overall... we will be graded very high by NFL experts so Harry will be in the minority there.

I wanted Harry and we missed it by one pick.. If we could have had him I think it might have changed our whole draft.. I like big reliable receivers, I'm tired of speedsters with drops or guys who have a hard time with 50/50 balls.

I don’t think you’re not gonna see a lot of 50/50 balls in KK’s offense. He wants quick fast guys to get the ball to in space.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I don’t think you’re not gonna see a lot of 50/50 balls in KK’s offense. He wants quick fast guys to get the ball to in space.

Should be mostly quick reads and presnap match up reads.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson