Kliff Kingsbury says Cardinals not sure at #1 pick with 48 hours to go

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Is the team that dumb that they haven't decided or is it some dumb game?

Why not just say "We know and ya'll will know Thursday night."

The organization looks dumb to have been through this entire process and they're still debating who's the pick.

I get there's games-man-ship, but get real - there are less than 48 hours to go.... they appear dumb

It's time to say, "We got a plan! We know exactly what we're going to do!" ....start sounding like an intelligent organization...rather than putting out to the press via your HC "we don't know"
You must be registered for see images attach

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely nothing wrong with towing that company line and maintaining that stand it doesn’t look dumb and all….

OP
OP
ARZCardinals

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
LOL !
Walking blindfolded and smiling 'We're going in the right direction."

Support the team...but blindly...come on man

They look dumb having the HC come out after 4 months of knowing you got the 1st pick....shoot if they don't know the first pick they sure as heck don't know what they're picking at 33.

"We got a plan..we know what we're going to do...soon you will to" ...sounds a little better

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So here is where you either trust the organization or you don't.

Either you believe that they are the Elmer Fudd's and are just wandering the forest shooting at anything.

Or they are Bugs Bunny and have a plan but you just can't see it.

Even if they stay at 1 and take Bosa / Williams and play it safe doesn't mean that baiting your opponent was the wrong move.

OP
OP
ARZCardinals

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So here is where you either trust the organization or you don't.

Either you believe that they are the Elmer Fudd's and are just wandering the forest shooting at anything.

Or they are Bugs Bunny and have a plan but you just can't see it.

Even if they stay at 1 and take Bosa / Williams and play it safe doesn't mean that baiting your opponent was the wrong move.

Well said

The overall media after the latest KK comment is calling the Cardinals Elmer Fudd.
IMHO it just looks real bad to say you don't know what you're doing this close to the draft.

I hope you're right that they're Bugs Bunny in your scenario.....again well said comment

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well said

The overall media after the latest KK comment is calling the Cardinals Elmer Fudd.
IMHO it just looks real bad to say you don't know what you're doing this close to the draft.

I hope you're right that they're Bugs Bunny in your scenario.....again well said comment

Hah old guy comment really. Only kids growing up in the 70s / 80s understand what a genius Bugs was

OP
OP
ARZCardinals

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Let me explain what the Cardinals are doing right now...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The question is 'WhY?' There isn't a GM who's going to get 'baited' at this point. Every team SHOULD have their draft board DONE...other than a few medicals and criminal records that may pop up...it's sit back ...relax and play out a few trade scenarios in the war room.....they aren't watching presser's of KK saying 'we don't know' and if they are they're laughing.

BirdDroppings

Rookie
Reaction score
I take these statements to mean "we desperately hope someone will offer us a kings ransom for the #1 pick so we haven't made our minds on who we're taking because we are hoping to not be picking #1 but don't know where we will be picking if a trade happens." I don't take them to mean "if we pick at #1 we still haven't decided"

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I take these statements to mean "we desperately hope someone will offer us a kings ransom for the #1 pick so we haven't made our minds on who we're taking because we are hoping to not be picking #1 but don't know where we will be picking if a trade happens." I don't take them to mean "if we pick at #1 we still haven't decided"

Precisely how I take them too. They are trying to make everything uncertain below them.

At WORST you are making it harder on a division rival.

If you came out and said "We are taking Bosa"

Now the 49ers can say "Well we want to trade back" and go find the best deal.

Keep that team wondering until you pick and then they have 15 whole minutes to react.

BirdDroppings

Rookie
Reaction score
Precisely how I take them too. They are trying to make everything uncertain below them.

At WORST you are making it harder on a division rival.

If you came out and said "We are taking Bosa"

Now the 49ers can say "Well we want to trade back" and go find the best deal.

Keep that team wondering until you pick and then they have 15 whole minutes to react.

I imagine the league strongly prefers teams handle it this way as it's better for ratings if there's suspense over the top pick.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I might be naive but I doubt they are pandering to the league.

If I were running the Cardinals I have values assigned to each variable and those variables are all in play until the 15 minutes are up.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Not that it really matters what KK says regarding the draft. As we all know, nothing is true and nothing is wrong leading up to the draft. It's all smoke and mirrors.

That said, after listening to KK's press conference and what he said about Rosen and the whole situation, you really couldn't imagine us drafting Murray. But then you have to remember that players have been talked up before only to be sent packing hours later.

The NFL must be excited for this. The odds between Murray, Bosa, Quinnen or a trade down from #1 seem about even to me. And all hints are just pure media speculation. You can pretty much tell that nothing has leaked from inside the organization and significant information is unlikely to leak in the remaining hours. All we hear is media speculation because they really have no clue what's going on, best kept #1 secret in recent memory if you ask me.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not their fault that you do not understand how to create Callie in this scenario

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I hate when teams with the #1 overall pick let the timer go all the way down before making their selection despite having had several months to decide on it.

I hope the Cardinals don’t do that BS.

RedRob

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I hate when teams with the #1 overall pick let the timer go all the way down before making their selection despite having had several months to decide on it.

There's an obvious reason this occurs and its not to perturb people. A team waits as it desires to trade out and has placed a value on the pick they hold. On occasion a trade offer will meet their demands. More often there's not that offer and it appears that the team desired to wait the full time for no apparent reason.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cards draft board has been set and they know who they are taking at number one. Don't believe anything else that you hear.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Les Snead came out a few years back and said that the NFL asked them to stay quiet about Goff until draft day as a way to boost ratings for the prime time show.

This rule is still in effect.

Nothing more to know then that.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Got to keep those fans glued to the TV Suspense makes great ratings and generates more talk about the NFL.More dollars.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
They got me...hook, line, and sinker!
Me too.I will watch no matter who the Cards pick.Its fun to watch to see which projected 1st round guys fall,and which guys jump up and get picked earlier than the talking heads thought.Love it when Kiper tries to be relevant when the real football guys talk.I think he is politely tolerated.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If you are trying to trade, it is the way to do it. Sit back and enjoy.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL !
Walking blindfolded and smiling 'We're going in the right direction."

Support the team...but blindly...come on man

They look dumb having the HC come out after 4 months of knowing you got the 1st pick....shoot if they don't know the first pick they sure as heck don't know what they're picking at 33.

"We got a plan..we know what we're going to do...soon you will to" ...sounds a little better
Why? What do they have to gain about saying anything? By saying they made up their minds would be closing the door on any opportunity to trade the pick. Why is that dumb?