Booker injury

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ESPN had an article about Booker's injury up from 2 days ago. They say he'll miss 2-3 weeks and approximately 10 games. It does have Booker's quotes about not rushing back too soon and how he'll be honest with the training staff regarding how he feels so he comes back 100%. Triano says the team will experiment with a few different starting lineups while Booker is out, which isn't surprising.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...devin-booker-walking-two-days-adductor-strain

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the case of this girl (an elementary school girl), someone asked her where her mother got her name. She said, "My mom said the hospital gave it to me."

It's really unfortunate. I was just joking around.

Elindholm's suggestion is probably the best explanation.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
It's really unfortunate. I was just joking around.

Elindholm's suggestion is probably the best explanation.
There is a saying that a person's name is their proudest possession. How ironic that the person didn't get to choose it.

And, yes, I also agree with Eric's assessment of 'female' on the birth certificate. Does that mean that 'sex' on documents means . . . oh, never mind. :)

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There is a saying that a person's name is their proudest possession. How ironic that the person didn't get to choose it.

And, yes, I also agree with Eric's assessment of 'female' on the birth certificate. Does that mean that 'sex' on documents means . . . oh, never mind. :)
Oh, everyone who knew her knew that was what happened. I am sure she now knows too.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Isn't this the truth.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Okay, show of hands... who else read this thread at the beginning and assumed Booker was going to be out several weeks?

Yikes...
Booker may still miss few weeks.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The primary piece to the Suns offense, the 21-year-old guard is averaging 27.8 points, 6.8 assists and 4.5 rebounds per game.
OMG! No way he can keep this up?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
OMG! No way he can keep this up?

He needs to cut down on the turnovers, he's averaging 5 a game, but I think he can keep the rest up without a sweat.

And at least two turnovers per game are coming from this move he keeps trying where he decides halfway in the air if he wants to go for a layup or an insane, no look, ally-oop to the center. Booker is really smart... I think he will rapidly drop that move or the centers will start to anticipate it.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
In game one he had three turnovers. In every other game he has been subjected to a mob of defenders since there have been at least two teammates on the floor with him that have played like absolute crap. Anderson and at least one other usually Ariza.

When you have two players on the floor who are not contributing and a PG that scars no one your other two guys, Booker and Ayton are in a really bad spot.

This not only needs to fixed for Bookers sake but more importantly Ayton. We can get by with Canaan at point if the other four guys on the floor are contributing.

When Booker returns a shake up to the starting five is in order. Anderson should be out, period. If coach is hell bent on TJ as the 6th man and given JJ's inconsistency I say throw Bridges out there. It can't be any worse than Anderson.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Regardless he needs to work on his turnovers It's not just that he has had them. It's I have seen him make a really bad decision with the ball several times this season.

In terms of his injury, hamstring injuries always worry me. Remember KJ? These types of injuries can linger. Hope he recovers fast but rushing a hamstring is definitely only going to guarantee it keeps coming back.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
It is interesting that the player some have compared Booker to in being both our best scorer and facilitator, James Harden, is now out with a hamstring injury. Hmmm! :)

And the first thing they said about Book when it happened is that he would miss only a couple of games.

I agree with whoever posted it that this is something that could haunt them . . . especially if Book comes back before it is fully healed.

https://sports.yahoo.com/james-harden-miss-least-two-games-due-hamstring-injury-212530733.html

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
It is interesting that the player some have compared Booker to in being both our best scorer and facilitator, James Harden, is now out with a hamstring injury. Hmmm! :)

And the first thing they said about Book when it happened is that he would miss only a couple of games.

I agree with whoever posted it that this is something that could haunt them . . . especially if Book comes back before it is fully healed.

https://sports.yahoo.com/james-harden-miss-least-two-games-due-hamstring-injury-212530733.html

So are these players:
Aron Baynes
Justise Winslow
Wilson Chandler
Raul Neto
Treveon Graham
James Ennis III
Kosta Koufos
Harrison Barnes
Devin Harris

What's your point?

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
So are these players:
Aron Baynes
Justise Winslow
Wilson Chandler
Raul Neto
Treveon Graham
James Ennis III
Kosta Koufos
Harrison Barnes
Devin Harris

What's your point?
As I've previously posted, Stef, my point is that the Suns are putting too much pressure on Book, right from the start of the season, to master too many roles, on offense and defense.

It's said it's a marathon, not a sprint, but he's sprinting with a bad hand and, now, hamstring. Let's watch and see how it affects him as the season progresses. If the pattern that we see developing continues, will you be open to criticize it?

Also, I couldn't care less about the nine players you cited above. What do they have to do with the status of the Phoenix Suns?

In the long run, I believe that the Suns investors couldn't care less about our players or fans, as long as they can count their millions. They're taking advantage of everyone.

I truly don't understand how a Suns fan can condone the mess they've created. And the damage they can do to our few young players who have the ability/potential to perform well. It is a long season!

I am not the only one who feels this way. Most of the recent posts about the status of the Suns do not support what is happening, even if we can do nothing about it, except share opinions on ASFN.

Last edited:

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
As I've previously posted, Stef, my point is that the Suns are putting too much pressure on Book, right from the start of the season, to master too many roles, on offense and defense.

It's said it's a marathon, not a sprint, but he's sprinting with a bad hand and, now, hamstring. Let's watch and see how it affects him as the season progresses. If the pattern that we see developing continues, will you be open to criticize it?

Also, I couldn't care less about the nine players you cited above. What do they have to do with the status of the Phoenix Suns?

In the long run, I believe that the Suns investors couldn't care less about our players or fans, as long as they can count their millions. They're taking advantage of everyone.

I truly don't understand how a Suns fan can condone the mess they've created. And the damage they can do to our few young players who have the ability/potential to perform well. It is a long season!

I am not the only one who feels this way. Most of the recent posts about the status of the Suns do not support what is happening, even if we can do nothing about it, except share opinions on ASFN.

Of course you couldn't care less about the facts that don't support your ridiculous theory that somehow the Suns are to blame for random injuries. Naturally, you use Harden to support your claim, but ignore the other nine players. Outside of Barnes, there is no pressure on any of those players. Hamstring injury has nothing to do with the "pressure the Suns are putting on Booker", whatever the hell that is supposed to mean. He is a basketball player, one of the best ones in the league. There will always be pressure on him, and he is always going to play hard. What do you want him to do? Play in a protective bubble and stand at the three-point line, not moving the entire game?

Nobody is condoning anything, including "the mess the Suns have created", again- whatever the hell that means. We are not condoning anything. We simply live in reality and understand that it is what it is, and there are no 25 year-old John Stocktons and Karl Malones available that the Suns could sign to plug the holes at PG and PF spots.

You are entitled to your opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts. Booker's injury has nothing to do with his usage. Out of 11 players with similar injuries this year, only three are high-usage players. You are just making things up to support your perpetual whining about Sarver and the investors. We get it, you think that Sarver is the devil, and that's fine, but that doesn't mean that you can blame him for everything wrong in the world and not be called out on your crap.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Somehow a hamstring injury after less than 4 games and, even more absurd, a wrist injury partway through a season are being caused by a shooting guard being asked to do more playmaking.

Now Harden is hurt... because of playmaking or something... and that is despite Chris Paul being along side him tonight. So... we need a BETTER version of Chris Paul if we want to keep Booker from getting injured because too much contact with a basketball causes injuries.

Actually... wait... just one minute... Harden had been a tank as the lone playmaker for the Rockets... then Paul comes in and BOOM, he got hurt last year and missed 10 games, now he's hurt again... maybe Harden gets hurt when he DOESN'T playmake enough... or maybe Paul's career injury issues are actually contagious?!?!?!?!?

I feel like a lesson on correlation vs causation might be in order for some.

I know I've said it before, and I'd have to look back on the previous cases, but this is possibly the stupidest debate I've taken part in on this board.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know I've said it before, and I'd have to look back on the previous cases, but this is possibly the stupidest debate I've taken part in on this board.

Stupider than Payton's haircut? :billthecat:

I agree with you regarding Booker's injury though. It has nothing to do with playing PG. Maybe if we asked him to play inside as our rim protector he would take a beating and get hurt but playing PG involves him being further from the basket and dealing with less contact since he's moving the ball more.

If some people weren't trying to tie Harden's injury to Booker's, or vice versa, I think they would be blaming D'Antoni's short rotations on Harden's injury. D'Antoni hasn't been a good target for Suns fans for a couple years though, not since he joined the Rockets at least. He only gets ripped on in the playoffs now. I find that weird also because he gets bashed throughout the playoffs but as soon as the season is officially over some who bashed him also want the Suns to try and bring him back as the coach.

I'm not 100% positive but it wouldn't surprise me to learn that some of the people that are blaming Booker's injury on him playing PG also wanted him as the starting PG this season. How many thought that way, I'm not sure, but there had to be at least one person who did.

Some people are acting like we could have been a playoff team if Booker didn't get hurt. We're 4 games into the season and Booker just returned to full basketball activities. It's not surprising he suffered an injury that could easily be caused by him not being able to work out and be ready for the season as much as you'd like your star player to be.

Last edited:

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I too was reading the first few posts and getting really nervous until I noticed the dates. Anyways, a hamstring is a sneaky thing. Just ask KJ.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stupider than Payton's haircut? :billthecat:

I agree with you regarding Booker's injury though. It has nothing to do with playing PG. Maybe if we asked him to play inside as our rim protector he would take a beating and get hurt but playing PG involves him being further from the basket and dealing with less contact since he's moving the ball more.

If some people weren't trying to tie Harden's injury to Booker's, or vice versa, I think they would be blaming D'Antoni's short rotations on Harden's injury. D'Antoni hasn't been a good target for Suns fans for a couple years though, not since he joined the Rockets at least. He only gets ripped on in the playoffs now. I find that weird also because he gets bashed throughout the playoffs but as soon as the season is officially over some who bashed him also want the Suns to try and bring him back as the coach.

I'm not 100% positive but it wouldn't surprise me to learn that some of the people that are blaming Booker's injury on him playing PG also wanted him as the starting PG this season. How many thought that way, I'm not sure, but there had to be at least one person who thought that way.

Some people are acting like we could have been a playoff team if Booker didn't get hurt. We're 4 games into the season and Booker just returned to full basketball activities. It's not surprising he suffered an injury that could easily be caused by him not being able to work out and be ready for the season as much as you'd like your star player to be.

A couple of thoughts.

Had Payton gotten a haircut the Suns would likely have their point guard for the season and perhaps beyond. We will probably never know the full story about Payton's stay with the Suns but I'm guessing his departure involved his refusal to get a haircut and interaction with the team. Again, it's only a guess.

And Booker did workout with the Suns for the most part as his hand injury got better. Enough so that I doubt his hammy injury was because he was not in game shape.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And Booker did workout with the Suns for the most part as his hand injury got better. Enough so that I doubt his hammy injury was because he was not in game shape.

I know he participated where he could be he was limited since he couldn't use his shooting hand. His cardio might have been good but he did need real game experience to truly be ready for this season and he didn't get it. I don't think that played a big role in his injury but it would make more sense than he got injured because he was playing PG.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson