Booker injury

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well. Looks like a few weeks out at least.

I hate injuries whenever they happen. I feel bad for Devin because he was making a good case to be an all-star. This probably finishes that. But, the Suns are not competing for a playoff spot and the injury is not career threatening. As injuries go, there are worse times to be injured than this. It gives other players an opportunity to step up. I would think Jackson in particular. I am not a tanking advocate, but if this gets us a better pick come June, so be it.

We have to just roll with it.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Agree with the above.

But I will also add that the games now, for me, become MUCH less interesting to watch. :(

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Booker was not making the all star game, in the West and with the suns record

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agree with the above.

But I will also add that the games now, for me, become MUCH less interesting to watch. :(
Not for me. I want to see Josh play. I am hoping for an Alec Peters sighting. Just hoping we can avoid major blow out losses. I hate reading those game threads.

PS. If it turns into the Mike James show, I WILL have a hard time watching.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
When are Williams and Reed due back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The report is a strained adductor. No timeframe from the Suns, but Google says 10-12 week recovery time before returning to unrestricted activity.

Hello top 5 pick!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The report is a strained adductor. No timeframe from the Suns, but Google says 10-12 week recovery time before returning to unrestricted activity.

Hello top 5 pick!

now would be a good time to sell off any assets currently on the roster. This team is going to stink something fierce until he gets back... and I think it'll hurt to watch now, but will help them in the long run if they don't get screwed in the lotto and get a MAJOR difference maker to pair with Booker, which it will need if its ever going to get out of atrocious-town.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
McD just said on radio, MRI is done, moderate strain out 2-3 weeks

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, how many weeks would Booker have had to be out for people here to have turned to the tank for the season?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
(Btw, for those wondering, I was hoping for shortest injury recovery time possible because Booker’s continued ascension is still the most important thing for this franchise)

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, how many weeks would Booker have had to be out for people here to have turned to the tank for the season?
I would still have wanted them to win every game that they could. Right to the end.

But. . . I am not bummed about losses either.

I just hate the blow outs.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the best news the Suns and fans could hope for regarding Booker's injury.

Phoenix Suns star Devin Booker, who suffered a strained left adductor muscle late in the team's 126-113 loss in Toronto on Tuesday night, could miss most of this month following an MRI on Wednesday in Phoenix, according to the Suns.

"Following further evaluation and an MRI, his expected recovery time is approximately two to three weeks," according to a team release.

"Everybody can breathe a deep sigh of relief," McDonough said.

by Scott Bordow, azcentral sports Published 10:32 a.m. MT Dec. 6, 2017 | Updated 3:56 p.m. MT Dec. 6, 2017

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...njury-phoenix-suns-toronto-raptors/927289001/

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting tweet by Bordow. He indeed commented before the injury to Booker the Suns should rest him.

scott bordow‏Verified account@sbordow

I tweeted last night before Booker got hurt that I wondered why he was playing 40 minutes in a back-to-back. But I'm not going to pretend I'm a doctor and say that's what caused this injury. Is it possible? Yes. Also possible this could have happened in first quarter.

3:01 PM - 6 Dec 2017

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Getting high picks has not helped the Suns. Booker, Warren best players and lowest first round pick. Jackson, Len, Bender and Chriss Meh

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I would still have wanted them to win every game that they could. Right to the end.

But. . . I am not bummed about losses either.

I just hate the blow outs.

Yeah, that's where I am as well. I suspect most of us who get labeled "anti-tank" are on the same page.
I want my team to win, and will never root for them to lose. That said, I am not upset when they lose, as long as they compete.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I was hoping that you or your tank commander friend wouldn't turn Booker's injury into your never ending obsession.

It's a cheap shot. As a Suns fan and an ASFN poster, I'm disappointed, Ouchie. :thumbdown

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was hoping that you or your tank commander friend wouldn't turn Booker's injury into your never ending obsession.

It's a cheap shot. As a Suns fan and an ASFN poster, I'm disappointed, Ouchie. :thumbdown

Lol... so you answer a cheap shot with a cheap shot? Good look BC.

And Ouchie’s never ending obsession is TO ACTUALLY BE A TITLE CONTENDER instead of being stuck in basketball purgatory. What a terrible obsession to have!

I mean do you realize how hypocritical it is of YOU, the guy who ALWAYS bags on Colangelo because you thought he didn’t care about a title and ALWAYS bitched about not getting a Center which you thought was the key to a title to bang REPEATEDLY on another poster who continually thinks his way is the best way to get a title?

BOTH of those arguments come from the same place... what you and Ouchie believe to be the best way to a title. To hammer him repeatedly is laughable considering the source.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Lol... so you answer a cheap shot with a cheap shot? Good look BC.

And Ouchie’s never ending obsession is TO ACTUALLY BE A TITLE CONTENDER instead of being stuck in basketball purgatory. What a terrible obsession to have!

I mean do you realize how hypocritical it is of YOU, the guy who ALWAYS bags on Colangelo because you thought he didn’t care about a title and ALWAYS bitched about not getting a Center which you thought was the key to a title to bang REPEATEDLY on another poster who continually thinks his way is the best way to get a title?

BOTH of those arguments come from the same place... what you and Ouchie believe to be the best way to a title. To hammer him repeatedly is laughable considering the source.
You don't think that Ouchie's comment, "Out of curiosity, how many weeks would Booker have had to be out for people here to have turned to the tank for the season?" as a reaction to DBook's groin injury was in bad taste? But my calling him was? C'mon.

You acknowledged that his comment was a cheap shot. That's what my post was about. Respect. Especially for our star player. Nothing more. Your tirade about opinion differences doesn't fit here.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Listen, whatever any of us think about tanking doesn’t matter a hill of beans anyway. I think we all have made our case for our position. I am sure no one welcomes Bookers injury—tank or not.

Arguing about tanking serves no further purpose. You can continue on if you like.

Everyone is free to their own opinion. As for me, I am going enjoy every win and not fret losses.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, that's where I am as well. I suspect most of us who get labeled "anti-tank" are on the same page.
I want my team to win, and will never root for them to lose. That said, I am not upset when they lose, as long as they compete.

I root for the suns to win...I root for the suns to lose...and I never apologize for either.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

You're disappointed an awful lot BC...I'm disappointed in your disappointment.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don't think that Ouchie's comment, "Out of curiosity, how many weeks would Booker have had to be out for people here to have turned to the tank for the season?" as a reaction to DBook's groin injury was in bad taste? But my calling him was? C'mon.

You acknowledged that his comment was a cheap shot. That's what my post was about. Respect. Especially for our star player. Nothing more. Your tirade about opinion differences doesn't fit here.

Actually... no. Asking what it would take to turn people to the tank isn’t disrespectful. It’s curiosity. Ouchie never said HE HOPES he’s out for a while. You PROJECTED that on to him and thus made it a cheap shot, which again is a joke.

You polluted the board for DECADES about the team not doing what’s necessary to win a title. Now someone is doing the same.

So if you have ANY self-awareness, I’d expect you to Either apologize to everyone for bitching and moaning incessantly about the Colangelos and Centers or stop being such a hypocrite and giving others crap for doing exactly what you did... beat a dead horse until it’s a bloody pulp.

But I know you won’t do either because you obviously want to continue with flame wars. So keep at it. This thread was about basketball before you started bashing board members here. Congrats for elevating the discussion.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
now would be a good time to sell off any assets currently on the roster. This team is going to stink something fierce until he gets back... and I think it'll hurt to watch now, but will help them in the long run if they don't get screwed in the lotto and get a MAJOR difference maker to pair with Booker, which it will need if its ever going to get out of atrocious-town.
It’s almost as tho we’ve finally gotten lucky.

This isn’t a career threatening injury for Book, but it will keep him out a few months which is actually awesome. Keeps him from getting really hurt and let’s the suns tank without technically tanking.

I agree. Sell off what you can and let’s really get a good draft spot so the lottery can screw us again!

Sorry that was so optimistic until that last bit, but I think it just shows I’m a true suns fan lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave