Booker injury

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
(I have to live in the past to endure the present, the times we used to be a first rate 50 wins ball club, while Philly, Clippers, etc used to suck.)
Gotcha. How the times have changed, eh? We live in upside down world now. Well, except for the Lakers and Celtics.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Either Crawford starts at point guard or it is probably Okobo providing Booker does not play.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why the hell is he playing with a hurt hamstring. The team is already at the bottom of the standings. It's not doing any good. I mention earlier in this thread that he has no business being out there until healed because we remember what it was like with KJ and his lingering hamstring injuries.

WTH are the Suns thinking here?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So much for this report. I was skeptical because two sources that cover the Suns regularly were not reporting it.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Devin Booker (left toe) went through practice on Saturday and is expected to play Sunday against the Los Angeles Lakers.

This is reassuring news, as Booker was surprisingly sidelined Friday night vs. Orlando just an hour before tipoff. It turns out, Booker hurt his toe by stubbing it on the bed of his hotel in LA earlier this week. The toe turned black and blood needed to be drained from it. Prior to Friday, Booker had started 14 straight games and logged at least 35 minutes in each of those 14 contests. The Suns haven't yet released an injury report for Sunday's game, but will do so by Saturday evening.

Stubbed toe against hotel bed? This team is officially cursed.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Devin Booker (left toe) went through practice on Saturday and is expected to play Sunday against the Los Angeles Lakers.

This is reassuring news, as Booker was surprisingly sidelined Friday night vs. Orlando just an hour before tipoff. It turns out, Booker hurt his toe by stubbing it on the bed of his hotel in LA earlier this week. The toe turned black and blood needed to be drained from it. Prior to Friday, Booker had started 14 straight games and logged at least 35 minutes in each of those 14 contests. The Suns haven't yet released an injury report for Sunday's game, but will do so by Saturday evening.

Will we be hearing next that he had a wet dream?

'Sorry, guys, I couldn't resist. :rolleyes:

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score

This is code for he got pissed and kicked something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
This is code for he got pissed and kicked something.

He played in the Clippers game with the same injury, but I'm assuming that playing on it made it worse or at least was stopping it from getting better. Though I don't know how much better it could have gotten in just a few days either.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He played in the Clippers game with the same injury, but I'm assuming that playing on it made it worse or at least was stopping it from getting better. Though I don't know how much better it could have gotten in just a few days either.

I did the same thing to my toe about a month ago. It can go from mere discomfort to incredibly painful pretty darn quickly, especially if there is a partial break.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
He says it was an accident, but I don't know...I've kicked plenty of things accidentally, and not once did my toe need to be drained of excess blood that resulted from an accidental kick.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
He says it was an accident, but I don't know...I've kicked plenty of things accidentally, and not once did my toe need to be drained of excess blood that resulted from an accidental kick.
I’ve broken 5 toes kicking things.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I did this in Vegas a couple of times being drunk or hung over. Same as well. It hurt but never had it bleed. One toe was even broken in one incident lol. I still played on it.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I find these injury stories a little weird. First booker reagrevates the hand. Now the toe. These are digits we are talking about. Not muscles or joints that hurt from playing the game. Idk maybe he has some anger issues behind closed doors.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I find these injury stories a little weird. First booker reagrevates the hand. Now the toe. These are digits we are talking about. Not muscles or joints that hurt from playing the game. Idk maybe he has some anger issues behind closed doors.
Fingers very easily get injured in game. Just think of how many times a players drives into the lane and has someone swatting down on his hands or even worse when you stub your finger on the ball. I have seen quite a few dislocated fingers just watching games on TV.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He is also a professional athlete with trainers and doctors who wait on him. If he says he has a headache they probably want to examine him. The level of medical care he gets far exceeds everyone here. He needs to be in better shape than anyone here also, so it makes sense that doctors and trainers work on any sort of ailment considering the money invested in him.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I did this in Vegas a couple of times being drunk or hung over. Same as well. It hurt but never had it bleed. One toe was even broken in one incident lol. I still played on it.

My injury about a month ago involved me tripping over our dog and jamming my foot right into the couch. It's incredibly unlucky, but it is possible to happen without being an act of anger or drunkenness.

Last edited:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
DBook is paid millions and is the team figurehead and leader (especially since adding Point Guard duties).

It just sounds flaky that he missed a game because he stubbed his toe opening a door. Which is why I made a joke about it.

If he does great things as a leader, great! If he does goofy things and is not there for his team, not great!

With recognition comes responsibility.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson