Worst Movie Line Thread

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, one more time and I did not read the entire thread,
Love means never having to say you're sorry. This is so dumb, if you are in love you are always saying you are sorry. Is that better?

It's much better. In fact, it's a perfect example of a really bad movie line. That is, as long as you're quoting Love Story. It's a great movie line when Barbra says it to Ryan O'Neal in What's Up Doc.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
It's much better. In fact, it's a perfect example of a really bad movie line. That is, as long as you're quoting Love Story. It's a great movie line when Barbra says it to Ryan O'Neal in What's Up Doc.
  • Yeah, it was Love Story. Just trying to justify my existence.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Nothing is over! Nothing! You just don't turn it off! It wasn't my war! You asked me, I didn't ask you! And I did what I had to do to win! But somebody wouldn't let us win! And I come back to the world and I see all those maggots at the airport, protesting me, spitting. Calling me baby killer and all kinds of vile crap! Who are they to protest me? Who are they? Unless they've been me and been there and know what the hell they're yelling about!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
  • Yeah, it was Love Story. Just trying to justify my existence.

No worries, you're justifiable.:cool: I watched that movie at the Kachina in Scottsdale on a double date. I've told this story before but when my friend and I started laughing at that line (and several others), that pretty much ended the possibility of a second date for both of us. Still, even with a ruined date, you can't do much better than the Kachina IMO (back then, anyway).

The line is used earlier in the movie by Ali and then Ryan says it to his father at the end, after losing Jenny. But it's a classic line when Streisand says it to Ryan at the end of What's Up Doc.

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, one more time and I did not read the entire thread,
Love means never having to say you're sorry. This is so dumb, if you are in love you are always saying you are sorry. Is that better?

yes.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know about a pass but yeah, that line would have been even worse if Denise and Dina swapped roles.

Hold on there, that would mean we would have seen Denise, um, more, earlier in the movie. :shocker:We need to test this hypothesis.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hold on there, that would mean we would have seen Denise, um, more, earlier in the movie. :shocker:We need to test this hypothesis.

I'm not fond at all of fake breasts. With the exception of Kaley Cuoco, I find the fake boobs and the owners to be a big turn-off. I don't know why I make an exception for Kaley other than, well, she's Kaley.

AZ Native

Reaction score
No worries, you're justifiable.:cool: I watched that movie at the Kachina in Scottsdale on a double date. I've told this story before but when my friend and I started laughing at that line (and several others), that pretty much ended the possibility of a second date for both of us. Still, even with a ruined date, you can't do much better than the Kachina IMO (back then, anyway).

The line is used earlier in the movie by Ali and then Ryan says it to his father at the end, after losing Jenny. But it's a classic line when Streisand says it to Ryan at the end of What's Up Doc.
Well, if that cost you a 2nd date it was better to find out early! :)

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The movie with this line was on today.

...In 30 seconds you'll be dead. I'll blow this place up and be home in time for cornflakes!

And from a different movie. Not sure how cheesy it is, but I always get a kick out it.

"Laugh while you can monkey boy!"

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane, come back!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"You're the disease,...and I'm the cure"

We could just restrict this thread to bad, silly or sappy lines by Arnie and Stallone. As a matter of fact, we should have a bad movie quote-off between the two.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"To make sport of a physical affliction is both impolite and cruel. After all, I wouldn't dream of calling you Rat Face."

Just one of many classic lines from what could well be the worst vampire movie ever. We watched Captain Kronos, Vampire Hunter at the military theater on Reese Kaserne in Augsburg Germany in 74 or 75 and it was bad even by Hammer standards.

AZ Native

Reaction score
"Is it still raining? I hadn't noticed." If this was was already used, sorry.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Is it still raining? I hadn't noticed." If this was was already used, sorry.

We just re-watched this a few weeks ago. It really does seem like an historically bad quote but IMO, it's made even worse because of the weakness of the actress delivering the line. With one exception that is such a well cast movie; every time I watch it I wonder why they settled for Andie MacDowell?

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
"Benny... Bring me everyone."
"What do you mean everyone?"
"EVERYONE!!!"

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member