Worst Movie Line Thread

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Oh yeah. There are a lot of "great" horrible lines in Starship Troopers but that quote goes above and beyond.
I'm in the minority when I say I absolutely HATED Starship Troopers. Doesn't even approach "so bad it's good" level for me.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in the minority when I say I absolutely HATED Starship Troopers. Doesn't even approach "so bad it's good" level for me.

I don't know if you're in the minority, I've certainly seen it ripped to shreds by fans and critics alike. But for us mindless action freaks, it was a bit lame but still fun. I think Verhoeven was the wrong guy to put that movie together though. Either that or the studio overrode him on some things. There was an obvious political slant to the movie but the message was heavy handed at times, too subtle at other times and altogether fairly inconsistent.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thread has been up for almost 3 hours and nobody has tried to get Baby out of the corner? And nobody carried a watermelon either, although I don't consider that one to be a bad line. It was very much on point for that scene and that movie.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Predator:

"You're hit. You're bleedin', man."

"I ain't got time to bleed."

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
"I'm gonna take you to the bank, Senator Trent...to the blood bank."-Stephen Segal Hard to Kill.

Last edited:

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Rutger Hauer in Hobo with a Shotgun:

"It's a beautiful day for Skate Rape!"

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"You better hold on tight, spider monkey."

Yeah, that one is pretty dumb. We'd watched the first movie when it came out but avoided all the rest. In a moment of weakness, we decided to try and watch all 207 Twilight movies last week. We only made it through the first one and yeah, that line stood out. Also, we were surprised to see Anna Kendrick in the movie as we hadn't taken notice of her until she sang her way through the greatest film of all time.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Arnie is an endless supply, from End of Days:

"[To Satan]
You want to fudge with me? You think you know bad, huh? You're a freaking CHOIR BOY compared to me! A CHOIR BOY!!!"

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
"You still refuse to ACCEPT my God-hood? Keep your own God! In fact, this might be a good time to pray to Him. For I beheld Satan as he fell FROM HEAVEN! LIKE LIGHTNING!"

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this has now been mentioned by four people!

Could it be THE worst line ever?

I'll say no and respond with this:

"I come in peace!"
"And you go in pieces
!"

I missed that movie when it came out. I finally gave it a try about 10 years ago when some of the ESPN guys started teasing Jay Bilas about his role in it. It's no They Live but I've watched worse.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
“We finally got to the boat, but it wasn’t there!” - House of the Dead

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson