Message Board Games

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just posted but I wanted J because...

Jay and silent bob strike back is the funniest movie ever.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ladyhawke. Aside from the atrocious soundtrack, it is an incredible fantasy movie.

My wife loves Conspiracy Theory. I've grown to like it (after multiple viewings) but for awhile the only part I really cared for was the theater scene where Mel tries to hide from his men in black. Ladyhawke is showing on the big screen with the wonderful "clip, clop" of the horse on cobblestones.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mr. Right. Sam Rockwell and Anna Kendrick. We love this movie. We're probably alone. I already recommended it to one guy here and he hasn't spoken to me since. But it's written by the same guy that did American Ultra and the similarities are obvious. If you hated that movie, you'll hate this one even more. If you loved AU, you MIGHT like this one too. It isn't as good but it's a fun romp if you're into this kind of thing.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
The Notebook. My wife "forced? me to watch this and I actually liked it. So much for my man card.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once Upon a Time in the West. Classic Sergio Leone western starring Henry Fonda as the bad guy and Charles Bronson with Jason Robards as the nominal good guys. Also starring Claudia Cardinale, a Raquel Welch like beauty. It's incredibly slow paced as all of his Once Upon a Time movies are but it's a must watch if you like westerns and are feeling reasonably patient. The scene where Bronson keeps playing his harmonica after having been ordered not to by Robards is one of my favorite macho moments ever. Worth seeing just for that sequence alone IMO.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
My wife loves Conspiracy Theory. I've grown to like it (after multiple viewings) but for awhile the only part I really cared for was the theater scene where Mel tries to hide from his men in black. Ladyhawke is showing on the big screen with the wonderful "clip, clop" of the horse on cobblestones.

So THAT'S the movie where that happened! No wonder I could never remember--I've never seen Conspiracy Theory. I must have caught part of it once and observed that scene. Thanks, AzStevenCal!

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
How about this for a proposed curve ball.

Instead of going alphabetically, how about you have to name the next movie using the last letter or number from the previous?

For example The Taking of Pelmam 1-2-3 would be, say, Three Musketeers and then Stargate, and so on.

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
How about this for a proposed curve ball.

Instead of going alphabetically, how about you have to name the next movie using the last letter or number from the previous?

For example The Taking of Pelmam 1-2-3 would be, say, Three Musketeers and then Stargate, and so on.
That makes it a little more interesting.

So I guess the last one was Once Upon a Time in the West.

Trainspotting -- best drug movie ever

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gattaca. Well, it's got Uma going for it. The review I remember that sums this movie up, "It's far too serious to be taken seriously."

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the spirit of changing things up, how about a couple more additions. One, we'd encourage the use of the Like Option when someone posts a movie or a review that you like or agree with. Also, end the thread (and perhaps open a new one) by declaring a winner when one of us (probably me) screws up and repeats a movie already mentioned in this thread. The Winner is the first poster to point out the duplicate, "Likes" all around would be appropriate there too.

Anyone interested?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So sloppy. should discuss rules of a game, finalize, make a new thread with first post detailing rules and then go.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So sloppy. should discuss rules of a game, finalize, make a new thread with first post detailing rules and then go.

You're right, I just think this is a good place to decide whether or not there's interest. If there is, we can discuss the rules and start the thread fresh.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That makes it a little more interesting.

So I guess the last one was Once Upon a Time in the West.

Trainspotting -- best drug movie ever

I've watched Trainspotting 50 times... I watch the 'it's ***** being Scottish' rant on
youtube for laughs about once a month

NSFW

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
In the spirit of changing things up, how about a couple more additions. One, we'd encourage the use of the Like Option when someone posts a movie or a review that you like or agree with. Also, end the thread (and perhaps open a new one) by declaring a winner when one of us (probably me) screws up and repeats a movie already mentioned in this thread. The Winner is the first poster to point out the duplicate, "Likes" all around would be appropriate there too.

Anyone interested?
And who is going to police the thread when it gets several pages long?

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
How about a movie quote game? Someone starts with a quote, any quote from any movie, FIRST person to name the film correctly gets to go next, and so on.

Rule to maintain order could be that you have to receive confirmation from the previous poster that your answer is correct, and that it is now your turn.

So I say: "Witness!"

Chaplin says: "Mad Max Fury Road!"

I reply: Correct, Chaplin it is your turn!

Then it would be pretty easy to keep a running tally.

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
How about a movie quote game? Someone starts with a quote, any quote from any movie, FIRST person to name the film correctly gets to go next, and so on.

Rule to maintain order could be that you have to receive confirmation from the previous poster that your answer is correct, and that it is now your turn.

I like that idea.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I like that idea.

thread up, lets do it

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've watched Trainspotting 50 times... I watch the 'it's ***** being Scottish' rant on
youtube for laughs about once a month

NSFW

It's a tough movie for me to re-watch. I love seeing the scene above, the Sean Connery conversation and the worst bathroom in Scotland but I don't think I could sit through the depressing moments again.

Oh and I'm a huge Kelly McDonald fan and not just because we got to see her naked in that movie. She cracks me up. If they made a recording of her and John Cleese taking turns reading the phone book, I'd buy it and listen to it all day long. And if there's another Kelly fan here that doesn't hate romantic comedies, watch her shine in Decoy Bride. Most watch if for a chance to see their favorite Doctor Who (Tennant) but it's Kelly's movie.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard