Congrats Cardinals

panthers4life

Reaction score
I wanted to give things a few days to cool off before posting on your board. I lurked last week reading through your forum.

Just want to say first off, I was there for Jake's meltdown against you guys and I was there for Carson's Sunday. I'm familiar with the sting of a lopsided defeat in a big moment and I feel for you guys in that regard.

Next, I want to be realistic about the game. 49-15 was the final and it got ugly, but the PP fumble and Carson INT after the Cam INT were the defining moments of this game. There was a very real chance for Arizona to climb back into the game if not for those two turnovers. I think the second half could have been a lot different. The greater point being I don't think the final score reveals just how big those two plays were at the time they happened.

Moving on, just want to say how much I respect your team. I love the guys you have, tons of young talent. Aggressive fun football to watch, outside a championship what more could you ask for in terms of being entertained on Sundays? Really happy that you guys knocked the Hawks off their perch, and I think that trend will continue.

Cheers to you guys, I know it sucks right now but at least you know you'll contend again next year and there are A LOT of teams that can't say that!

A few footnotes:
We went for two because Rivera got wind Arians called us the worst second half team in football as halftime inspiration for the Cardinals.

Cam is not the d'bag you think he is. If all you're judging him on is internet articles and dancing then you need to learn a little more about him. To say that Cam is beloved in the community would be a massive understatement. What Cam does in and for the community is overwhelming. Google Braylon Beam, Carolina's honorary assistant coach during the 2015 campaign, a six year old kid fighting brain cancer. Learn what dancing means to Braylon and maybe you'll have some insight to Cam's dancing.

See you in 2016 season!

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Thanks P4Life - best of luck in a couple of weeks. No need to defend Cam, I'm sure he considers most people's perception of him irrelevant, though I like him. So much more personality than Russell Wilson...I may even buy some yogurt now.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cam is not the d'bag you think he is. If all you're judging him on is internet articles and dancing then you need to learn a little more about him. To say that Cam is beloved in the community would be a massive understatement. What Cam does in and for the community is overwhelming. Google Braylon Beam, Carolina's honorary assistant coach during the 2015 campaign, a six year old kid fighting brain cancer. Learn what dancing means to Braylon and maybe you'll have some insight to Cam's dancing.

Good for Cam for supporting young Braylon.

Fitz is beloved in the community. He does a lot of charitable work in AZ and MN. He was a finalist for the Walter Payton award. He's got two charities (one of them in honor of his late mother - he tends to tear up when he talks about her), volunteers on missions to fit the deaf with hearing aids, has dug ditches in Africa to bring fresh water to remote villages and has visited our troops overseas.

After he scores he flips the ball to the ref. No dancing. No poses.

I have no idea if Cam Newton is a d'bag. I haven't paid that much attention to him. I DO know that thousands of young athletes are learning how to handle success on the field by watching Fitz. Who, as I said, flips the ball to the ref.

Last edited:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks for stopping by and good luck in your next game. I agree that the fumble and then the pick palmer threw after the peterson intercepted Cam are the two major plays that set it all downhill for us. You might have still clobbered us after that but those two plays put us out of contention. Cya in the playoffs next year.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the post. Yea, it was great to be on the other side of Jake's horrible outing, but never really looked at it from a fans perspective. Now we can. I have never disliked Cam. He is having fun when he is playing and it shows. Opposing fans don't like it because it's against their team. If he was on our team, then we would probably accept it and be ok with it. I do like how Fitz does it the most though. He doesn't do anything to degrade opponents and when he does show emotion, its to get the crowd and his teammates pumped. It also comes at a key point in games when you see him get fired up (i.e. OT vs the Packers).

Cam is a freak of nature. To be that size and be that athletic is amazing. As much as I said I didn't want to watch the SB, I am interested to see how he does against a defense that has been dominate all year long. This will prove how good he really is.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
I know a lot of people dislike Cam - rubs them the wrong way. Personally, I like him. He looks like he's having fun and always smiling!

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I wanted to give things a few days to cool off before posting on your board. I lurked last week reading through your forum.

Just want to say first off, I was there for Jake's meltdown against you guys and I was there for Carson's Sunday. I'm familiar with the sting of a lopsided defeat in a big moment and I feel for you guys in that regard.

Next, I want to be realistic about the game. 49-15 was the final and it got ugly, but the PP fumble and Carson INT after the Cam INT were the defining moments of this game. There was a very real chance for Arizona to climb back into the game if not for those two turnovers. I think the second half could have been a lot different. The greater point being I don't think the final score reveals just how big those two plays were at the time they happened.

Moving on, just want to say how much I respect your team. I love the guys you have, tons of young talent. Aggressive fun football to watch, outside a championship what more could you ask for in terms of being entertained on Sundays? Really happy that you guys knocked the Hawks off their perch, and I think that trend will continue.

Cheers to you guys, I know it sucks right now but at least you know you'll contend again next year and there are A LOT of teams that can't say that!

A few footnotes:

We went for two because Rivera got wind Arians called us the worst second half team in football as halftime inspiration for the Cardinals.

See you in 2016 season!

Thanks man and for the record I don't get the hate on Cam. He's awesome and plays like he loves the game. Nothing wrong with that.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Uh yeah the PP fumble was huge, we had a lot of momentum and he looked like he was going to return it back for some good yardage. Had we scored there, its a brand new game, HOWEVER I feel you guys still would have won because you are a better team at home. I don't think you are 49-15 better but you deserve to be in the SB.

Last edited:

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score

Fitz is beloved in the community. He does a lot of charitable work in AZ and MN. He was a finalist for the Walter Payton award. He's got two charities (one of them in honor of his late mother - he tends to tear up when he talks about her), volunteers on missions to fit the deaf with hearing aids, has dug ditches in Africa to bring fresh water to remote villages and has visited our troops overseas.

I have no idea if Cam Newton is a d'bag. I haven't paid that much attention to him. I DO know that thousands of young athletes are learning how to handle success on the field by watching Fitz. Who, as I said, flips the ball to the ref.

And John Brown dances after he scores, Patrick Peterson mouths off to the opposing bench regularly, Cory Redding did the the Ric Flair strut, Honey Badger flexes regularly after he makes a play...etc etc

Not everyone is Fitzgerald, his own teammates do not emulate him yet I don't see our fans bagging on them.

Newton dances and celebrates, so what? He is having fun and he doesn't taunt the other team.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Newton doesn't bug me at all like he does to some, I don't have an issue with him.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
classy post and congrats back at ya!

count me as another who doesn't get the Cam bashing for the life of me. The guy energy is infectious on that entire team and all you hear about the guy OFF the field is that he's practically a saint in the community. chalk the hate up to people downing haterade and nothing else.

Y'all are going to be good for a long time. Hopefully there will be more battles to come!

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hey! "Panthers"....

Living in Charleston, I can see 1st-hand how something like this affects the community. I honestly wish every city could experience it. The moment is fleeting to be sure. FULLY ENJOY IT! But, I can honestly say, from a sheer drama stand-point, NOTHING involving the Panthers' game was going to match the incredible thrill of beating G.B. in OT.

Anyways, ALL THE BEST!! :) Classy fans/comments are always APPRECIATED!

Mark in SC :)

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You guys are to nice. I don't care what he thinks "after" the game. I don't think he would have signed up if we won. Anyone can be cool after kicking someones ass.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys are to nice. I don't care what he thinks "after" the game. I don't think he would have signed up if we won. Anyone can be cool after kicking someones ass.

you're right... but in today's internet, it's much easier for someone to be a total douche after kicking someone's ass as well.

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
you're right... but in today's internet, it's much easier for someone to be a total douche after kicking someone's ass as well.

Good point. Most do. I will give him or her that.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
A few footnotes:
Well, they were. Look at the big leads they'd blown during the season and against the Hawks. Plus when you're up 25 or so and the other team can't get crap going it's unnecessary.

See you in 2016 season!
My annoyance isn't with Cam directly per se, but with the NFL its 'open for interpretation' celebration rules. PP gets flagged for pointing during a TD return or any other player that the refs don't like what they do, but the zebras/NFL lets Cam dance around like a 5yr old who drank 5 cups of coffee. He's a good guy and good for the NFL overall though, imo.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

panthers4life

Reaction score

That might be true of most people. If you're so inclined then take a moment to look at this post on Seahawks.net after we lost to them in the divisional round last year. Hopefully, you'll see I would have posted here win or lose.

Can't post a link so you have to put this together.

seahawks dot net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=105355

My post was sincere, I like the Cardinals, I consider them a reflection of Carolina in terms of fanbase, media disrespect and history.

Thanks to everyone who took a minute to reply kindly!

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

panthers4life

Reaction score

Well, I posted about Braylon in hopes that people would understand why Cam dances, it's an inspiration to Braylon and he dances during his chemo treatment. Cam has said publicly if dancing is good enough for Braylon it's good enough for him. Just illustrating there's more to it than the perceived bravado so many have.

It seems like your reply was to point out, good on Cam, but Fitz has done far more. Don't take my abbreviated example of Braylon as a single thing to point to concerning Cam's acts of humanity.

Cam visited the victims of the Charleston church shooting.

Cam hosts a Thanksgiving dinner every year for children in need called the "Thanksgiving Jam".

Cam showed up unannounced at a block party for a 10 year old named Elijah Aschbrenner battling cancer, in an Ice Cream Truck, and proceeded to serve steak dinner and ice cream to everyone and spent HOURS with the family.

These are just a few things, but the list goes on and on. Cam is in the early stages of his career, certainly Fitz has had a much longer time to build a resume of good deeds. The point is Cam also puts the time, energy and money into doing many positive things in and around the community. Knowing what we know about Cam it's hard to stomach the terrible perceptions that have been built around him.

Another thing you may not know about Cam. He's a teetotaler, doesn't drink a drop, in fact never has once! In five years he's been seen at one club and twitter exploded with photographs of him drinking..... soda.

So aside from his first down signals, childish grin, and end zone celebrations what exactly have you seen or heard from Cam Newton during his NFL career that would make you hate on him?

Last edited:

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Well, I posted about Braylon in hopes that people would understand why Cam dances, it's an inspiration to Braylon and he dances during his chemo treatment. Cam has said publicly if dancing is good enough for Braylon it's good enough for him. Just illustrating there's more to it than the perceived bravado so many have.

It seems like your reply was to point out, good on Cam, but Fitz has done far more. Don't take my abbreviated example of Braylon as a single thing to point to concerning Cam's acts of humanity.

Cam visited the victims of the Charleston church shooting.

Cam hosts a Thanksgiving dinner every year for children in need called the "Thanksgiving Jam".

Cam showed up unannounced at a block party for a 10 year old named Elijah Aschbrenner battling cancer, in an Ice Cream Truck, and proceeded to serve steak dinner and ice cream to everyone and spent HOURS with the family.

These are just a few things, but the list goes on and on. Cam is in the early stages of his career, certainly Fitz has had a much longer time to build a resume of good deeds. The point is Cam also puts the time, energy and money into doing many positive things in and around the community. Knowing what we know about Cam it's hard to stomach the terrible perceptions that have been built around him.

Another thing you may not know about Cam. He's a teetotaler, doesn't drink a drop, in fact never has once! In five years he's been seen at one club and twitter exploded with photographs of him drinking..... soda.

So aside from his first down signals, childish grin, and end zone celebrations what exactly have you seen or heard from Cam Newton during his NFL career that would make you hate on him?

Are you his publicist or what?

OP
OP
P

panthers4life

Reaction score
Are you his publicist or what?

Just a side conversation with DemsMyBoys, probably should have been a PM instead. I realize the post ended up in the same thread, but no, I'm not here to sell Cam. I made this thread to congratulate the Cardinals on a great season.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Just a side conversation with DemsMyBoys, probably should have been a PM instead. I realize the post ended up in the same thread, but no, I'm not here to sell Cam. I made this thread to congratulate the Cardinals on a great season.

Thanks for the congrats, congrats to your team as well and good luck with the Broncos.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

A few footnotes:

See you in 2016 season!

Panthers4life:

Very kind of you to post these thoughts. A lot of fans would be merciless at this point, so good on you for doing so.

Best of luck in the SB.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson