Bledsoe to the knicks?

OP
OP
3rdside

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Because he's played most of his career as a point. But, we've been through this and I accept he'll start at the 2 for us. But he's a point guard at the 2 spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
3rdside

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Or combo guard - whatever term you want to use that might be better suited. Just not a shooting guard is all.

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
Shooting guards have to be able to defend other shooting guards. Brandon Knight is too small to do this over an extended period of time. Brandon Knight is a PG that can shoot.

If the guarantee was D Russell at #4... that would be a great trade. That kid is going to be very, very special.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bledsoe for #4 would be a fair swap plus whatever makes the trade work. It would be absurd for the Suns to include the 13th pick.
+1, Bledsoe for #4 and fillers should be fair. There should be no need to include the #13 pick in the deal. After the Big 3 (KAT, Okafor & Russell) the rest of the lottery is a crapshoot. Mudiay is drawing comparisons to John Wall but his year in China supposedly exposed some flaws in his game but he could be an impact guy at PG. Other than Mudiay, the Porzingis kid looks like a potential bust (cannot see why people are comparing him to Pau Gasol) whose ceiling looks to be Bargnani which ain't good.

I don't see how NY can do it though, they don't have anyone on a large enough contract that could be used to cover Bledsoe's contract in the deal. They would have to include some young guys they may actually want to keep so it wouldn't make sense from that standpoint.

OP
OP
3rdside

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The talk from NY is Calderon needs to be included if it's to happen at all.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Shooting guards have to be able to defend other shooting guards. Brandon Knight is too small to do this over an extended period of time. Brandon Knight is a PG that can shoot.

If the guarantee was D Russell at #4... that would be a great trade. That kid is going to be very, very special.

But Eric Bledsoe is perfectly capable of guarding shooting guards. His strength and huge wingspan give him lots of defensive versatility.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score

Brandon Knight is not too small to defend shooting guards.

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
If you stood next to Brandon Knight, you'd think differently. If you saw how much punishment he takes fighting through screens, you'd also understand why. He's not very big. Skinny ankles.

OK, he may be able to do it from time to time. But, you certainly don't expect Knight to do it night after night.

Knights talents would be wasted playing 2 guard. He's a cerebral point guard that can flat out score and still get teammates involved. He needs to tame the turnovers, but he has a bright future at PG.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

This would be the only way I'd entertain that trade: if Russell dropped to #4. Although, I'd figure NY would rather draft him than trade for Bledsoe.

Other than that, it's more prudent to stand pat at #13 and keep Bledsoe.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Russell is there NY doesn't trade. As good as Russell is -- another pg?

This only makes sense if Russell is gone and there is a player there that everyone knows is a possible superstar.

Winslow?

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Because he's played most of his career as a point. But, we've been through this and I accept he'll start at the 2 for us. But he's a point guard at the 2 spot.

Knight is probably more of a PG than Bledsoe and yet Bledsoe gets the label of "PG" lol.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If you stood next to Brandon Knight, you'd think differently. If you saw how much punishment he takes fighting through screens, you'd also understand why. He's not very big. Skinny ankles.

OK, he may be able to do it from time to time. But, you certainly don't expect Knight to do it night after night.

Knights talents would be wasted playing 2 guard. He's a cerebral point guard that can flat out score and still get teammates involved. He needs to tame the turnovers, but he has a bright future at PG.

Other than Mozgov, no player has had their ankles broken and gotten dunked on more on YouTube than Knight.

Seriously, type Brandon Knight dunked on or ankles broken and the clips are endless.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
This would be the time for the GM/Head Coach On The Court LBJ to make a push for his li'l buddy.

Wasn't he the one who turned Viet Nam into a major war? Oh, that was a different LBJ. A power broker from a different era. :)

If McD treads Bledsoe for Haywood and 24, he should be castrated.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If McD treads Bledsoe for Haywood and 24, he should be castrated.

And then they should make some sort of rule about it and name it after him, like the Stepien rule.

"You cannot make idiotic trades just because some fan likes it."

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If CLE decided to part ways with Kyrie Irving because he's so injury prone and expensive then I'd listen to an offer around Irving for Bledsoe.

Kyrie isn't any better of a playmaker but he's a pretty good young flat out scorer and ball handler.

Of course our training staff and Aaron Nelson would have to sign off on the deal also.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
So would i if the big three were off the board(which they will be).

I think he will be a very good player. He is a couple of years away from actually being good, but defense and rebounding tend to translate from college to the NBA. He has got to find a way to score though, whether it's in the low post or mid-range jumpers.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cauley-Stein was not a great rebounder in college though, and defense is difficult to project (remember Wes Johnson, future defensive stud?). He also got worked over by Frank Kaminsky.

WCS showed virtually no improvement over the span of 3 years at a major university, that has to be a serious concern. How much potential does he have when he has shown such little growth against competition that he should have been wrecking by year 3? I think he has a very low ceiling. There is no way I'd consider him at 4.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Still not even close to considering Bledsoe and
13 for #4.

Jrue Holiday got #6 and #10.
Dragic got a top 7 protected pick(next year unprotected) and an unprotected pick

Tucker, Markieff, Marcus, #13 and some combination of the future Cleveland, Phoenix or Miami picks I might consider for #4.

Last edited:

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This smells like Warriors Suns again with Curry.

The moment Okafor or Russell drops to 4, Knicks hang up and disconnects the phone lines.

They could also be angling to raise the value of pick 4. I can see some team wanting Porzingis or Winslow... Teams like Pistons, Hornets etc to increase their offers.

OP
OP
3rdside

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Watched more tape of porzingis - I'm not so sold on this guy being bonafide; looks to be able to add value as a tall shooter but my guess is he's possibly going to struggle inside against stronger / faster / longer players.

Bledsoe and 13 for the 4 too high therefore (assuming Russell's gone..), so we're almost certainly better off with sticking with what we've got if that's the price to pay. As TJ said; after the top 3 locks it's a crapshoot, meaning even Bledsoe on his own for the #4 maybe a bit too much.

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This smells like Warriors Suns again with Curry.

The moment Okafor or Russell drops to 4, Knicks hang up and disconnects the phone lines.

They could also be angling to raise the value of pick 4. I can see some team wanting Porzingis or Winslow... Teams like Pistons, Hornets etc to increase their offers.

I would agree with that. They make a deal for #4 in order to get a player like Russell. Then Russell falls and NY nixes the deal because they want the player.

the next few days should be interesting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson