Bledsoe to the knicks?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Need I remind you this is the same team that said Lopez was a game changer. ;)

Robin Lopez did not turn out so bad. The Suns just did not stick with him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Just magnifies how large the talent drop off after Townes, Okafor & Russell is. I know Kaminsky is the POY but I don't think he is the 4th best player in the draft. I really hope interest in him is a smoke screen unless Portis, Turner & Harrell are off the board but even then I would consider Cameron Payne over Kaminsky.

This is my hope as well.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Robin Lopez did not turn out so bad. The Suns just did not stick with him.

He was never going to be anything than a journeyman type player. He still disappears even for his new team. He never turned into the juggernaut the Suns billed him anchoring the boards and defense. He was supposed be our answers to rebounding. Instead he slightly improved his offensive game which is the polar opposite of what we drafted him for. The Suns did the right thing.

I can't remember who they were but I give kudos to some people on this board saying Brook was the better player back then and said don't draft Robin as a consolation. Brook ended up being the better scorer, rebounder and shot blocker. Pretty much everything the Suns were hoping for in Robin. Too bad his brother was gone by the time we picked.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
He was never going to be anything than a journeyman type player. He still disappears even for his new team. He never turned into the juggernaut the Suns billed him anchoring the boards and defense. He was supposed be our answers to rebounding. Instead he slightly improved his offensive game which is the polar opposite of what we drafted him for. The Suns did the right thing.

Maybe I've forgotten Robin Lopez was supposed to be a juggernaut.

However, I think he shattered a glass door if that counts.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe I've forgotten Robin Lopez was supposed to be a juggernaut.

However, I think he shattered a glass door if that counts.

OK, maybe not a juggernaut but they definitely billed him as our answers to defense and rebounding. I mean to listen to the front office war room after the draft....he was the next coming and it was unbelievable he fell to the Suns.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NY is being linked to Kaminsky at #4. Maybe Phil Jackson thinks he is perfect for the triangle or maybe they take Kaminsky at #4 for a potential deal with PHX?

I heard that too and that Phil is trying to trade back to take him and add another peice in the process. Looks like if they can't get one of two players, then Kaminsky is their guy.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
NY is being linked to Kaminsky at #4. Maybe Phil Jackson thinks he is perfect for the triangle or maybe they take Kaminsky at #4 for a potential deal with PHX?

They just mentioned this again on the radio. So...if the Suns have offered point guard Bledsoe and the No. 13 pick to the New York Knicks for the No. 4 pick.....that could potentially net the Knicks a PG and still allow them to get Kaminsky at #13 still.

I have heard two different versions. One with the Knicks still getting Kaminksy and the other the Suns moving up to draft Kaminsky.

If this happened, the question becomes who do the Suns want at #4? Do they really want him or are they wanting to move up for someone else? Even if this doesn't happen, I guess this shows the Suns are OK with parting with Bledsoe.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
They just mentioned this again on the radio. So...if the Suns have offered point guard Bledsoe and the No. 13 pick to the New York Knicks for the No. 4 pick.....that could potentially net the Knicks a PG and still allow them to get Kaminsky at #13 still.

I have heard two different versions. One with the Knicks still getting Kaminksy and the other the Suns moving up to draft Kaminsky.

If this happened, the question becomes who do the Suns want at #4? Do they really want him or are they wanting to move up for someone else? Even if this doesn't happen, I guess this shows the Suns are OK with parting with Bledsoe.

I think if the Suns offer Bledsoe for the #4 the Suns will want something else in return or they keep the #13 pick. Otherwise it does not make any sense.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I think if the Suns offer Bledsoe for the #4 the Suns will want something else in return or they keep the #13 pick. Otherwise it does not make any sense.

You guys keep saying that, but it makes no sense. Bledsoe is NOT a positive. Getting the Knicks to take Bledsoe is NOT doing them a favor. SUNS are the ones who'd need to sweeten the deal. NOBODY was interested in Bledsoe when he was a restricted free agent, nobody is interested in giving up a whole lot for him. If the Knicks were to agree to this, it wouldn't be because they want Bledsoe, but because they don't like anyone at #4 that isn't gonna be available at #13.
May I remind you that we got Bledsoe for Jared Freaking Dudley?
He doesn't have enough value for someone to give up a high without getting something else in return.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
You guys keep saying that, but it makes no sense. Bledsoe is NOT a positive. Getting the Knicks to take Bledsoe is NOT doing them a favor. SUNS are the ones who'd need to sweeten the deal. NOBODY was interested in Bledsoe when he was a restricted free agent, nobody is interested in giving up a whole lot for him. If the Knicks were to agree to this, it wouldn't be because they want Bledsoe, but because they don't like anyone at #4 that isn't gonna be available at #13.
He doesn't have enough value for someone to give up a high without getting something else in return.

That is simply not true. There was interest, but there was also a pretty good chance that we would match anything that would be offered.

And now you think that Bledsoe isn't very good because we got him in a trade for Dudley? Do you watch the Suns, seriously? Bledsoe may have his flaws, but he was easily one of the top 2 players on the team last year, maybe even the best. Unbelievable the hatred that is flowing for the guy. He's done nothing to deserve it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

Bledsoe is an asset worthy of the #4 pick. Check his stats. It doesn't matter where you get a good player. IMO, the #4 pick is worth no more than Bledsoe... if that. If the Knicks think #4 is so good, they should keep it.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Bledsoe is an asset worthy of the #4 pick. Check his stats. It doesn't matter where you get a good player. IMO, the #4 pick is worth no more than Bledsoe... if that. If the Knicks think #4 is so good, they should keep it.

They will keep it before trading it for Bledsoe, that's for sure. If they trade it, they will get more than Bledsoe.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
They will keep it before trading it for Bledsoe, that's for sure. If they trade it, they will get more than Bledsoe.

If the Knicks can draft Jahlil Okafor they should stay put.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I get that you don't like Bledsoe, but saying that the Knicks wouldn't be doing this deal because they're interested in Bledsoe is ridiculous. There's a GULF of difference in this draft between the 4th and 13th pick. I mean, good lord.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

and this is a completely specious argument considering that Bledsoe brought the Clippers TWO starters with Reddick (who's still a starter and solid SG) and Dudley who was a starter for us at SF.

I mean, there's not liking guy and then there's just completely making crap up... much liek your ridiculous projections of Dragic ending up a 23/10 player next year. But hey.. it certainly looked like Dragic could do that based on his whopping 17/6 he put up with the Heat... if games were stretched out to 60 minutes.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't hate Bledsoe and definitely think he carries enough value to move up in the draft. He is just not a franchise player IMO.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I don't hate Bledsoe and definitely think he carries enough value to move up in the draft. He is just not a franchise player IMO.

So you trade your best player because he's not a "franchise layer?"
How about acquiring a franchise player to play with him?

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if PHX can find a 3rd team and swing a trade for Noel and sending them Bledsoe. PHI got screwed when LA took Russell instead of Okafor and PHI had to take Okafor as he was BPA but now they have 3 C's and no PG. Again, a 3rd team would have to provide a contract or 2 to make it work but imagine a core of Knight, Warren, Len, Noel, Booker & Goodwin.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you trade your best player because he's not a "franchise layer?"
How about acquiring a franchise player to play with him?

If we didn't have Knight and just draft Booker I would be OK with that. I am not against the Suns keeping Bledsoe per say. I just don't think Bledsoe, Knight or Booker is your franchise guy. That's a log jam. Someone has to go.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we didn't have Knight and just draft Booker I would be OK with that. I am not against the Suns keeping Bledsoe per say. I just don't think Bledsoe, Knight or Booker is your franchise guy. That's a log jam. Someone has to go.

Unless you're getting real value then no one has to go. Simply getting rid of one those guys won't fix the "lack of a franchise player" problem.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

I'm sorry your logic fails me. How does that get you a franchise player?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless you're getting real value then no one has to go. Simply getting rid of one those guys won't fix the "lack of a franchise player" problem.

No it won't. However, you could leverage a trade to stock pile more picks for future deals or trade on draft day hoping you get lucky in the draft with a good enough pick. I think that has always been the Suns strategy to stock piles assets for future moves.

I don't think Sarver has the patience to wait another 5 years for talent to develop while they miss the playoffs. Do you?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No it won't. However, you could leverage a trade to stock pile more picks for future deals or trade on draft day hoping you get lucky in the draft with a good enough pick. I think that has always been the Suns strategy to stock piles assets for future moves.

I don't think Sarver has the patience to wait another 5 years for talent to develop while they miss the playoffs. Do you?

I think they know enough at this point not to force it just for the hope of the playoffs. They did it for years and it didn't even get them into the playoffs.

This creates an entire separate conversation but the team had no intention of pushing for the playoffs in 2013/14. I think they're more than willing to rebuild the right way and not try to force a playoff push. But when that 2014 team ended up blowing away expectations and at such a young age they had to give it another year, it didn't work and last year they blew it up.

Babby stepping down is a good sign that the team is going to try a more patient approach.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they know enough at this point not to force it just for the hope of the playoffs. They did it for years and it didn't even get them into the playoffs.

This creates an entire separate conversation but the team had no intention of pushing for the playoffs in 2013/14. I think they're more than willing to rebuild the right way and not try to force a playoff push. But when that 2014 team ended up blowing away expectations and at such a young age they had to give it another year, it didn't work and last year they blew it up.

Babby stepping down is a good sign that the team is going to try a more patient approach.

Take it for what it's worth but Gambo reported there is a ton of pressure on Ryan and Jeff to get the team to the playoffs sooner rather than later. He repeated again during the draft show that Sarver is not going to be very patient since they have not been to the playoffs in 5 years. Has it been that long?

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn