Reaction score
Schefter

Anyone want the "Best Linebacker in the NFL?"

:D

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Darren Urban ‏@Cardschatter

Tough for 'Los. Going to hurt that Hall of Fame push. RT @MikeGarafolo: Dolphins will release Karlos Dansby after signing two LBs today.

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
Dude is a huge dick. I'm glad he never made a pro bowl despite his huge attention *******.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'd like to bring him back a lot. I don't know if that will happen though... But I think he'd be a really good fit.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well the Ravens have a couple of openings.

No doubt wants some big money though, so I doubt we'd offer him anything close to what he's looking for. Plus he didn't exactly leave here on good terms.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'd like to bring him back a lot. I don't know if that will happen though... But I think he'd be a really good fit.

I just don't see it. But he would fill a need in there with Wash

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
He should find a home somewhere, probably as an WOLB on a 4-3 team which is where he fits best. Good linebacker, but not a playmaker inside in a 3-4.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Los Released

The Miami Dolphins were extremely active on Tuesday afternoon, signing top free agents Mike Wallace and Dannell Ellerbe to lucrative, multi-year deals. They also bid farewell to a well-paid prominent player from the past three seasons, releasing linebacker Karlos Dansby in the moments after the Ellerbe deal was made public.

Dansby had a productive three years in Miami since signing with the team in 2010. According to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, he was asked to restructure the five-year, $42.5 million contract he signed in 2010 and declined. His 2010 contract made him the highest paid linebacker in football at the time.

Dansby had 134 tackles in 2012, the most of his nine year NFL career.

An inside linebacker in a 3-4 scheme, look for Dansby to be signed by another NFL team this month. He's 31-years-old. -- Peter Schrager

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
He would fill a huge need. I would love to have him back and he still plays at a high level.
Exactly. He'd immediately become the 2nd best LB on the team. I don't get why people hold it against a player when they sign a market value deal with another team.

I'd like to try him at SOLB in Arizona. Sign him and Maualuga and the LB corp is not looking so shaky.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Exactly. He'd immediately become the 2nd best LB on the team. I don't get why people hold it against a player when they sign a market value deal with another team.

I'd like to try him at SOLB in Arizona. Sign him and Maualuga and the LB corp is not looking so shaky.

I don't think we could afford both. While I think Dansby and Washington would struggle vs. the run, I really like the potential of what they could do in nickel packages which is where Dansby has generally made most of his big plays.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I don't think we could afford both. While I think Dansby and Washington would struggle vs. the run, I really like the potential of what they could do in nickel packages which is where Dansby has generally made most of his big plays.
Alot would depend on what the market is for Dansby. I think, and have thought for years, that Dansby is one of the better all around LB's in the league. I don't think the Cards will even consider him though.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
He was meh in the 43 with Denny IIRC. He's just aging now.

Not true. His combined numbers his first 5 seasons in the NFL are matched by only a handful of the best LBs. He played 4-3 for most of those 5 years.

24.5 sacks. 9 interceptions. 21 pdf. 11 Forced Fumbles.

But he is getting old for the NFL.

Last edited:

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Los was on MJs show this afternoon & said he would welcome returning to the Cards...he loves Bowles. I know it will never happen, but I would bring old #58 in instead of Rey anyday!!!

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He sounded open to getting a paycheck. I don't think he cares where he plays. He was open to the Cardinals, positive words for other teams, no preference on 3-4 or 4-3, would love to play with Daryl Washington and PP, would also love to play MLB in a 4-3 Over scheme.

He is trying to get a job. More power to him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson