Week 7 of the Arizona Cardinals off season. 02/19/24-02/25/24

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I am not posting the link but the PHX donkeys think the Cardinals are leaving Paris at RT. I hope they are wrong in this as they normally are. If they are shockingly correct, ugh, not good for the draft.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I may have to run and duck for cover, but in this scenario, I may make a final run at bringing Justin Pugh back for a year, to then see what the Cards want to, or can do at guard in 2025 with a younger player they have developed or a draft pick.
Steve, you aren't the GM anymore ;)

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I am not posting the link but the PHX donkeys think the Cardinals are leaving Paris at RT. I hope they are wrong in this as they normally are. If they are shockingly correct, ugh, not good for the draft.
It’s PHNX donkeys.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
If they end up sticking at #4 with MHJ off the board, or trading down and Alt or Fashanu are still there....that would be the right move. Paris has a lot of potential, but he is not nearly as good of a prospect as Alt or Fashanu. Both of those guys could, and should be given the chance to lock down the LT position for 5 years and hopefully longer.

Now, if Motni and Gannon think Paris is our best available option at LT...then yes you move him of course. It would be easier to find a RT only prospect in the draft or find a serviceable vet in FA.

Quite frankly, I like that they are willing to leave PJJ at RT if a better option presents himself. Paris would still be a starter who has contributed from day 1, and we should expect him to keep improving. Maybe I'm just so jaded by Keims drafts....but Im not going to be disappointed when picks turn into solid, contributing parts of the team that are showing enough to earn a 2nd contract....I dont care where they were picked.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he means it’s stupid to get hopes up for impact players in FA because he doesn’t believe we’ll get them or even consider them.
I think we will be more active than most years.

What do we consider impact players? Starters? Top 25 from FA lists? Top 50?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Or have realistic expectations. And be fine.
Realistic expectations to me means we won't compete in 2024. Monti left the cupboard too bare to only add a piece or two in FA and rely fully on the draft to get us where we need to go this year. We need to add significantly to the roster in FA.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Realistic expectations to me means we won't compete in 2024. Monti left the cupboard too bare to only add a piece or two in FA and rely fully on the draft to get us where we need to go this year. We need to add significantly to the roster in FA.
I didn't know you felt that way. You should post it more often.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

You know I love the kool-aid Chief, but based on our strong finish in 2023, I think we're going to win a bunch of games in 2024!

I won't make an official prediction until after FA and the draft, but I have faith the new leadership group will improve and coach up the 2024 roster enough so that we will be very competitive this year!

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know I love the kool-aid Chief, but based on our strong finish in 2023, I think we're going to win a bunch of games in 2024!

I won't make an official prediction until after FA and the draft, but I have faith the new leadership group will improve and coach up the 2024 roster enough so that we will be very competitive this year!
I am not that excited, but I am optimistic. :koolaid: