Cards Pick 4th

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's right. The way they micro drill now is a medical wonder.

So how did he already tear it twice?

I know they do wonders but I've also seen a bunch of kids in recent years who never fully were the same coming off 1 ACL let alone 2.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm praying that teams give everything up to move into the top three spots for QBs, but it's not that realistic. No MHJ.

Where it stands today, I assume the approach has to be moving back to let someone draft someone like Jayden Daniels. Or we take a tackle... and meh.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Not sure I buy that. It's not like a pitcher having Tommy John surgery where the elbow comes back stronger.

And keep in mind he tore the same ACL twice. He also had a clavicle and shoulder injury but it appears he's fully back from that given his arm strength.
Actually studies show 15% of those who tear one tear it again. That’s a higher percentage who don’t tear at all, so it can’t be stronger. There are no studies on people with 2 tears because they rarely continue to compete.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So how did he already tear it twice?

I know they do wonders but I've also seen a bunch of kids in recent years who never fully were the same coming off 1 ACL let alone 2.
He came back in well under a year from the first one. It's been 3 now since the second. I posted it in an old Kyler thread, but there is a chart with recovery time to probability of tearing it again.

Found something similar.

Conclusion

Returning to knee-strenuous sport before 9 months after ACL reconstruction was associated with an approximately 7-fold increased rate of sustaining a second ACL injury. Achieving symmetrical muscle function or quadriceps strength was not associated with new ACL injury in young athletes. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther 2020;50(2):83–90. doi:10.2519/jospt.2020.907

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I keep hearing Washington may not want Maye. Still they might trade with the Bears and the Bears take Maye.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I keep hearing Washington may not want Maye. Still they might trade with the Bears and the Bears take Maye.
It's because Williams is a DC kid and they are actually on his list. I read that story too and it's not about them not liking Maye is about Williams exciting the fan base.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He came back in well under a year from the first one. It's been 3 now since the second. I posted it in an old Kyler thread, but there is a chart with recovery time to probability of tearing it again.

Found something similar.

I think we're talkign about different things though. I'm not talking about coming back I'm talking about being the "same." Maybe I'm just biased but I saw both Tyger Campbell and Will McClendon before and after their ACL's, both made it back to playing, Tyger was outstanding at UCLA, but he was never the same kid he was before the injury and Will is the same.

Just have a hard time believing NFL teams are going to look at Penix and say I'm glad he's had 2 surgeries his knee is stronger?

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we're talkign about different things though. I'm not talking about coming back I'm talking about being the "same." Maybe I'm just biased but I saw both Tyger Campbell and Will McClendon before and after their ACL's, both made it back to playing, Tyger was outstanding at UCLA, but he was never the same kid he was before the injury and Will is the same.

Just have a hard time believing NFL teams are going to look at Penix and say I'm glad he's had 2 surgeries his knee is stronger?
Gottcha! That's fair!

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
The updated draftorder for first 18 picks.

Houston will meet the Browns in the playoffs. If they lose, then the pick will be #21

Attachments

• Skærmbillede 2024-01-08 kl. 9.25.41 AM.png
    Skærmbillede 2024-01-08 kl. 9.25.41 AM.png
    474.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Reactions: PJ1

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I can see something like happening...

1) Williams
2) Daniels
3) Penix

Leaving Maye dropping to 4 and the Cards possibly being open for business with a trade down. IMO, Maybe will be this years Rosen and another QB needy team won't want to risk him dropping to the 6-10 range.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cause the SOS we pick 4 in round one
But in the round two we have the second pick(34), right?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort