Probably unpopular here regarding this regime…

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
They would help us be better/get worse draft picks and have less cap flexibility.

Not the goal right now.

You must be registered for see images attach
As krang likes to ask, “how many wins is allen or Murphy going to add to this junk squad?”

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m shocked I tell you. Where are the ministers of information to tell us this player never existed and lied?

This is a big reason why Monte wasn't as aggressive in FA this offseason. Will all of the dysfunction surrounding the Cardinals and the team entering a full rebuild the only way to land any quality free agents this season would be to dramatically over pay for their services. No quality FA was going to want to come play for a team just entering full rebuild mode.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, ginormous FA splurges have proven time and again to be a bad idea. Which is why decent FA spends in multiple seasons is a good idea--or would've been. Now that ship has sailed.
We have to spend most of the money eventually. There were still no decent FAs to buy this year that would have moved the needle. But we have been done that road before. That ship has sailed for me.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m shocked I tell you. Where are the ministers of information to tell us this player never existed and lied?
The franchise that is in a tailspin that is projected to be the #1 overall pick. I'd be shocked if we didn't have the most votes.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a big reason why Monte wasn't as aggressive in FA this offseason. Will all of the dysfunction surrounding the Cardinals and the team entering a full rebuild the only way to land any quality free agents this season would be to dramatically over pay for their services. No quality FA was going to want to come play for a team just entering full rebuild mode.
You are so right.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
No quality FA was going to want to come play for a team just entering full rebuild mode.
I'm curious when or why any decent FA would want to come here period. Organizational reputation is about where it was when Dollar Bill was in charge. Wonder if Mikey is going to start locking the gatorade dispenser.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You think that’s gonna be any easier if we are completely atrocious and players look at the new Coach/GM combo as more of the same?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm curious when or why any decent FA would want to come here period. Organizational reputation is about where it was when Dollar Bill was in charge. Wonder if Mikey is going to start locking the gatorade dispenser.
Agree. They’re going to have to overpay to get anyone here until they start winning. Anyone believe we start winning this season? No? Okay, so to attract FAs next offseason we will have to overpay then as well. Is what it is.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How is he right? If this team is as completely atrocious as the plan seems to be, why are any FA going to come here next year when the new Cardinals look exactly like the old Cardinals… or possibly even worse?
Hopefully we shows flashes towards the end and we have another good draft. That could change some minds.

We also will have a lot of money to throw at players next year. Hell, we have had to pay players 'The Cardinals tax' before to get them to come here. Even JJ came here for some reason.

Zach left to Denver, which isn't exactly a stable organization right now. Maybe there is a free agent out there that has family in AZ and it is a motivating factor. It's possible to land free agents, if we are motivated to do so.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Um, Money obviously.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully we shows flashes towards the end and we have another good draft. That could change some minds.
Two problems here… the idea that flashes towards the end of an awful season will move the needle for FA where isn’t realistic.

Second… you refer to “another good draft” is a reason that might entice FA to come to this train wreck, but that already implies we actually had a good draft this year. That remains to be seen.

But the bigger problem with the idea that “another good draft” will be helpful getting FA next off-season is that FA is basically over by the time other draft takes place.
We also will have a lot of money to throw at players next year.
We had that this year, which means next years situation is no different.
Hell, we have had to pay players 'The Cardinals tax' before to get them to come here. Even JJ came here for some reason.

Zach left to Denver, which isn't exactly a stable organization right now. Maybe there is a free agent out there that has family in AZ and it is a motivating factor. It's possible to land free agents, if we are motivated to do so.
Okay.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

We also will have a lot of money to throw at players next year. Hell, we have had to pay players 'The Cardinals tax' before to get them to come here. Even JJ came here for some reason.

A good draft is going to lure FAs? That’s a take I’ve never seen made before. I don’t know how you refrained from typing “lol” after that.

And we had the money to spend this offseason as well and just punted on all available good FAs. Or maybe because we are a trainwreck no one wanted to sign here.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I wish I grew up in a different state, so I wouldn't be attached to this team at times. Oh well.
Sports fandom is one of the weirdest emotional dysfunctions I’ve ever thought about. Other than family, people don’t stay connected to things they kinda hate like they do their sports teams. It’s weird.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The trickiest part of the "we will get them next year" FA crowd is we almost have to commit to keeping players we probably should cut. Our 8 best players right now are Murray, Conner, Brown, Ertz, Humphries, Baker, Thompson, and Kyzir White. There is an easy argument to move on from 5 of those players next year. So you end up keeping those players and paying out their bad contracts or letting them go but depleting your roster even further. Marco Wilson might be a top 10 player on the Cardinals roster and that tells you all you need to know.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison