Official 2023 Cardinals Camp thread

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
And that's what I don't understand. We sign a guy to be our starting center. He becomes our starting center. Case closed.
P.S. The center position is very important.
Uh, so I have to blanket love every signing we make for a starter? Case closed for you, perhaps. No blind faith for me.

The center position is very important. I agree there. I do not like Frodo as our starting center. Therefore, I don't like the signing. You don't agree. Fine and dandy. We can leave it there. Case closed?

Stout

Reaction score
From what I've seen so far, prepare to be really wrong about Froholdt. Sure it's just preseason but he's looked really good so far against 1st team players. He pretty much dominated Zach Allen.

Sometimes players fall through the cracks while adjusting to the NFL. Look at James Harrison who bounced around the fringes of NFL rosters and then became an NFL hall of fame caliber player. It does happen.
You too, Krang? Now we're comparing him to James Harrison? I'll grant that players fall through the cracks; I'll grant nothing for preseason. As I said ad nauseum, we'll see in the regular season. It would be a huge bonus if he could be even average.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You want to see something funny. In the first video, Fro runs over #27.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Then in the Will Hernandez micd up video, you see #27 looking around "Who hit me?" 1:40 mark

You must be registered for see images attach

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You too, Krang? Now we're comparing him to James Harrison?
Comparing the situation of a guy who bounced around before finding a home.
I'll grant that players fall through the cracks; I'll grant nothing for preseason. As I said ad nauseum, we'll see in the regular season. It would be a huge bonus if he could be even average.
You were pretty vocal though. I think sometimes you just have to admit that other people might have more information than you. Scouts, coaches, and GMs have a lot more info than we do.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

You were pretty vocal though. I think sometimes you just have to admit that other people might have more information than you. Scouts, coaches, and GMs have a lot more info than we do.
Well stout is on this board and the others aren’t. Stout keeps me grounded mostly but when I see something resembling positivity from him about the team or a player I pay attention:)

Stout

Reaction score

You do have to admit it, when they're proven right. We're far from that point. We also went super cheap in the offseason, and an easy argument can be made that we were in cash saving mode. Viewed through that lens, the signing makes a different kind of sense.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You do have to admit it, when they're proven right. We're far from that point. We also went super cheap in the offseason, and an easy argument can be made that we were in cash saving mode. Viewed through that lens, the signing makes a different kind of sense.
I think this year was about resetting some of the cap money, and bringing in mid level to cheap vets that know the system. Froholdt is intriguing because of his relationship to Petzing and his Patriots pedigree. So far he has looked really good though man. Its specious evidence, but its better than nothing.

Stout

Reaction score
I think this year was about resetting some of the cap money, and bringing in mid level to cheap vets that know the system. Froholdt is intriguing because of his relationship to Petzing and his Patriots pedigree. So far he has looked really good though man. Its specious evidence, but its better than nothing.
Definitely agree with the first sentence here. I don't think anyone can argue the FO was conserving money--not just cap space, but cash. I don't like it because we need to evaluate KM when he comes back from injury, so OL--especially C--is an area I wanted addressed in a solid way. Not in an intriguing, maybe okay, off the developmental heap kind of way.

That said, at this point, I hope all the optimism is bang on target. It would be gravy.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Definitely agree with the first sentence here. I don't think anyone can argue the FO was conserving money--not just cap space, but cash. I don't like it because we need to evaluate KM when he comes back from injury, so OL--especially C--is an area I wanted addressed in a solid way. Not in an intriguing, maybe okay, off the developmental heap kind of way.
My hope (and I think our hope) is that this scouting actually knows what they are doing.
That said, at this point, I hope all the optimism is bang on target. It would be gravy.
Some might be in target, while other hope isn't. The Cardinals are actually due some "luck" on a few players.

Tacticool Nerd

Veteran
Reaction score
Uh, so I have to blanket love every signing we make for a starter? Case closed for you, perhaps. No blind faith for me.

The center position is very important. I agree there. I do not like Frodo as our starting center. Therefore, I don't like the signing. You don't agree. Fine and dandy. We can leave it there. Case closed?
The real question here is have you watched the preseason games? Or just going off what he's done on previous teams?

From what I've seen from him in the preseason games he has been more than serviceable. And if you're not happy with that. It's not like we can sign a available pro bowler from out of no where.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not sure I want to trade him, as someone always goes down and we created a bigger issue not having him on the roster

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison