Official 2023 Cardinals Camp thread

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
People on this board laugh, but go back and watch how many times the Cardinals run behind Big Mo. After Dortch was ruled down, they ran behind him, then he got the penalty, and then they ran behind him again. Not Daley, the vet, on the other side. Behind the guy who is playing in his 4th preseason game and who was on IR his entire rookie year.

And before anyone says they just run to the left side...not in the first preseason game. They ran to the right side that game.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
People on this board laugh, but go back and watch how many times the Cardinals run behind Big Mo. After Dortch was ruled down, they ran behind him, then he got the penalty, and then they ran behind him again. Not Daley, the vet, on the other side. Behind the guy who is playing in his 4th preseason game and who was on IR his entire rookie year.

And before anyone says they just run to the left side...not in the first preseason game. They ran to the right side that game.
Chopper, you might be on to something.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Chopper, you might be on to something.
Maybe. Some of it is playing into the bit because I thought he was a steal in the draft and looked pretty good in his rookie preseason games. I want him to be good. But some of it is what I have seen. They say they want big and physical, and Big Mo is big and physical. They have run behind him significantly more than other spots when the 2nd unit is in. There are things he does that I think show up on film and OL coaches like that maybe casual watchers miss. He also has made three glaring mistakes (one sack and two penalties, one of those a bad penalty).

I just don't see a good reason for him not to make the final roster. He is easily one of the 53 best players on the roster and is under contract through 2025.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I was just going to post the same thing. This OL is coached really well and is playing as one in very little amount of time.
Fro becoming a league average C would be a very large feather in Monti's cap for sure. It is still preseason so I am still in "wait and see" mode but he has checked every box so far which is all you can ask.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks man! Yeah, I paid to get it done, especially with my gimpy leg.

As to the rest, it's preseason. If and when he shows anything positive when it counts, we can begin seeing what we have. Anything more than nothing will be a bonus for me :)
LOL. Come on man. I'm going to make you a believer somehow...

You must be registered for see images

But I guess not. :(

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I know it's just preseason. Which is why i could really care less about wins or losses. I prefer to watch the one on one matchups.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Thanks man! Yeah, I paid to get it done, especially with my gimpy leg.

As to the rest, it's preseason. If and when he shows anything positive when it counts, we can begin seeing what we have. Anything more than nothing will be a bonus for me :)
I unloaded a house after 23 years. Wasn’t a pleasant experience. Very difficult to part with things you didn’t know you had. I’ve moved three times since then, it gets easier:)

Reaction score
I could be wrong but it seems like Big Mo makes mistakes early when he first comes into the game. Almost like he has the jitters when he first enters & then relaxes after several snaps. It could also be I'm not seeing when he enters the game & don't notice him until he messes up. :)

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Right, which is why I don't like the signing. That's why I posted my opinion based on the two possibilities.
From what I've seen so far, prepare to be really wrong about Froholdt. Sure it's just preseason but he's looked really good so far against 1st team players. He pretty much dominated Zach Allen.

Sometimes players fall through the cracks while adjusting to the NFL. Look at James Harrison who bounced around the fringes of NFL rosters and then became an NFL hall of fame caliber player. It does happen.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I'm with you on Big Mo. He has starting potential, which is more than the Daley types who are at best swing backups.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
LOL. Come on man. I'm going to make you a believer somehow...

You must be registered for see images

But I guess not. :(

I know it's just preseason. Which is why i could really care less about wins or losses. I prefer to watch the one on one matchups.
He does a great job of 2 things....1) switching off his man and taking on another defender when called for....and 2) sticking with his guy and not letting him by.

Add in his speed, strength and athleticism and the Cards could be onto something with the Great Dane.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He does a great job of 2 things....1) switching off his man and taking on another defender when called for....and 2) sticking with his guy and not letting him by.

Add in his speed, strength and athleticism and the Cards could be onto something with the Great Dane.
You even see a pretty darn impressive seal off block in that highlight, which demonstrates his understanding of the blocking scheme.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Keep this in mind, too....He didn't start playing football at all until he spent a year of HS in the US, as a foreign exchange student...and then started as defensive line...didn't start playing OL.until 2016.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
@BullheadCardFan Again do you see how QB friendly the offense looks for Howell and the Commanders. Not that the QB or offense is good or will be good. But thats how it should look in preseason. And its not like the Commanders are super talented.

Hope our offense or Drew got something up their sleeve.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Yeah you talk about players "jumping off the screen" so far this pre-season it's:

1. Frodholt
2. Peanut Butter and Jelly
3. Kzyir White
4. Marco Wilson
5. and Cooney

(I see you over there Clayton)

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member