Watching the Twins succeed from afar.....

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The Nets were offered four 1st round picks for Mikal Bridges at the trade deadline and declined.

It was reported at the time that Memphis was offering Brooklyn four 1st rounders for Bridges but without knowing the protections/details of the picks it’s impossible to say how great the package was.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was reported at the time that Memphis was offering Brooklyn four 1st rounders for Bridges but without knowing the protections/details of the picks it’s impossible to say how great the package was.

It's sad the Suns buckled to the Nets trade demands. Mat Ishbia reportedly pushing the deal through doesn't make me feel any better.

I still remember the horrendous results when Sarver played GM.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Teams can only trade picks up to 7 years out and the stepian rule also only allows teams to trade future picks every other year. So the first 3 picks wouldn't have any protection in order to be able to send out 4 in a 7 year period. Adding protection could push picks out of that window, which isn't allowed. The 4th may have had some but it's unlikely considering they already gave up 3.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Teams can only trade picks up to 7 years out and the stepian rule also only allows teams to trade future picks every other year. So the first 3 picks wouldn't have any protection in order to be able to send out 4 in a 7 year period. Adding protection could push picks out of that window, which isn't allowed. The 4th may have had some but it's unlikely considering they already gave up 3.
I love this explanation. Some people have been losing their minds over the picks being unprotected.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love this explanation. Some people have been losing their minds over the picks being unprotected.
And rightly so. Not protecting the first two picks isn't a big deal. Giving them 2 unprotected picks 5 and 7 years out is a huge deal and should never happened. Give them 3 first rounders, top 10 or top 5 protect the 3rd first rounder and then it's still an overpay but much less damaging.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Absolutely no need to change the thread title, but I must admit, each day I log onto this board and see the title, I think, shouldn't this be moved to the Diamondbacks board? I think Minnesota Twins each time I see the thread title! LOL!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely no need to change the thread title, but I must admit, each day I log onto this board and see the title, I think, shouldn't this be moved to the Diamondbacks board? I think Minnesota Twins each time I see the thread title! LOL!
I go a different direction when I read that title as I spent a good part of my younger life "watching the twins". Could be I still do a fair bit of it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cam Johnson will play for Team USA's FIBA World Cup team this summer. He will join Mikal Bridges.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I have been perusing lists of guys we can acquire, vet minimum guys, and a few of the articles ranking players, have Cam Johnson making $100 mil or more. Supposedly he is one of the top talents available for this year. I hope he gets paid. I am waiting to see if Brooklyn can pay that much.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been perusing lists of guys we can acquire, vet minimum guys, and a few of the articles ranking players, have Cam Johnson making $100 mil or more. Supposedly he is one of the top talents available for this year. I hope he gets paid. I am waiting to see if Brooklyn can pay that much.
I don't think that's too unreasonable when he's healthy but between missing games and playing injured he's rarely in top form. In his favor though is the fact he's a great teammate, beloved by the fans and has a highly marketable NBA skill.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I don't think that's too unreasonable when he's healthy but between missing games and playing injured he's rarely in top form. In his favor though is the fact he's a great teammate, beloved by the fans and has a highly marketable NBA skill.
Plus, it's good to have sought after skills in a down market! :)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cam Johnson and Devin Booker attend a Mercury game against the Aces. How I wish there was away to get Cam back.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Cam Johnson, Damion Lee, and Booker in the PHX? There was golf, a little bball watching, and then dinner, and some clubbing! LOL!

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well we could do a sign and trade Ayton for Cam. Theoretically.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Except NJ doesn't want Ayton. We still need two guys for Ayton, like Bridges and Cam Johnson. Probably won't work on the trade simulator...

We can only dream Ayton had the value of Cam Johnson and Mikal Bridges.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess it's how one compares Ayton's value to John Collins.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Succeeding!!!

Staying with Bridges likely was the deciding factor. Houston was rumored to be willing to go as high as 30 Million per year.

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA