Ted Lasso

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Is there anything else on Apple TV worth watching? I want to watch this, but not sure if I should just binge it during a free trial or pay the $5/month for the service.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Is there anything else on Apple TV worth watching? I want to watch this, but not sure if I should just binge it during a free trial or pay the $5/month for the service.

For All Mankind is also really good. Mystic Quest is super enjoyable as well.

Last edited:

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not interested in most on there, but I might check out See and Foundation just started.
Looks like fmovies.to has the series though if you want to go that route. But it is worth $5 to binge the 2 seasons.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
For All Mankind
See
Ted Lasso
The Morning Show
Mystic Quest

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just watched the season finale. I have a question to ask once others have seen it.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When Ted and Nate are going at it, Nate says Ted abandoned him and that's why Nate is so spiteful. Did that happen and I missed it? I don't remember anything of the sort. In my opinion, Nate is an insecure narcissist and is offended he isn't bowed to every moment of the day.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When Ted and Nate are going at it, Nate says Ted abandoned him and that's why Nate is so spiteful. Did that happen and I missed it? I don't remember anything of the sort. In my opinion, Nate is an insecure narcissist and is offended he isn't bowed to every moment of the day.
Pretty much spot on. Ted has been nothing but supportive of Nate. Nate was the friggin' bullied and denigrated towel boy when Ted arrived, and Ted elevated him to a full-fledged member of the coaching staff. Ted honored him by letting Nate run a winning press conference and regularly had called Nate's plans just that: "We'll go with Nate's XXX plan". Ted has been pure gold to Nate.

But Nate has two major problems. One is that he doesn't understand Ted's leadership style. Just as the CEO of Delta Airlines has never flown an airliner nor does he know all the cool stuff of being a pilot, Ted doesn't understand or appreciate all the details and nuances of football/soccer. Ted's leadership is through attitude and positive approach to the game. He has quality coaches (Coach Beard is tops) and leaves the detailed stuff with them. Nate's little speech at the end of the episode clearly illustrates his lack of knowledge of that kind of leadership (and total disrespect of the players on the team).

Second, and most important, Nate is a narcissist with a deep seated inferiority complex as we have seen. His actions are also consistant with "little man's syndrome." It is common for people like this to think (and preach) they can do things better than their boss can and are not above sabotaging the boss. As Nate has been relied on more for his coaching ideas, he likewise has become more and more of an ******. His leaking Ted's medical problem to the press was unforgivable and in real life would have led to a butt whippin' and his walking papers.

But it's all been working up to make Nate a total ****** so that Rebecca's ex-husband hired him as head coach of the team he acquired. A lot of confrontational stuff will come of it in season 3. We'll have to see how the writers handle THAT (although, they are currently batting near 1000 up to now so there's that).

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Pretty much spot on. Ted has been nothing but supportive of Nate. Nate was the friggin' bullied and denigrated towel boy when Ted arrived, and Ted elevated him to a full-fledged member of the coaching staff. Ted honored him by letting Nate run a winning press conference and regularly had called Nate's plans just that: "We'll go with Nate's XXX plan". Ted has been pure gold to Nate.

But Nate has two major problems. One is that he doesn't understand Ted's leadership style. Just as the CEO of Delta Airlines has never flown an airliner nor does he know all the cool stuff of being a pilot, Ted doesn't understand or appreciate all the details and nuances of football/soccer. Ted's leadership is through attitude and positive approach to the game. He has quality coaches (Coach Beard is tops) and leaves the detailed stuff with them. Nate's little speech at the end of the episode clearly illustrates his lack of knowledge of that kind of leadership (and total disrespect of the players on the team).

Second, and most important, Nate is a narcissist with a deep seated inferiority complex as we have seen. His actions are also consistant with "little man's syndrome." It is common for people like this to think (and preach) they can do things better than their boss can and are not above sabotaging the boss. As Nate has been relied on more for his coaching ideas, he likewise has become more and more of an ******. His leaking Ted's medical problem to the press was unforgivable and in real life would have led to a butt whippin' and his walking papers.

But it's all been working up to make Nate a total ****** so that Rebecca's ex-husband hired him as head coach of the team he acquired. A lot of confrontational stuff will come of it in season 3. We'll have to see how the writers handle THAT (although, they are currently batting near 1000 up to now so there's that).
Good write up. I thought it was another fantastic episode.

My favorite part was one of the most minimal parts of the episode—Dani Rojas’ penalty kick. I literally cheered out loud when we got “Football is life” on the most important kick of the series to date.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good write up. I thought it was another fantastic episode.

My favorite part was one of the most minimal parts of the episode—Dani Rojas’ penalty kick. I literally cheered out loud when we got “Football is life” on the most important kick of the series to date.
The penalty kick segment was indeed awesome, and I too cheered outloud. I was a bit concerned for a moment, but as soon as Dani gave that little knowing smile and the "Football is life" mantra.... Oh man, that felt good!

Additionally, I was just a tad concerned going into the episode, as I had read a couple of negative articles predicting that the season finale would likely be a letdown. Ahhhhhhh, no. It was one of the very best. And Roy is still the best. His growling at the tiger at the end of the show was just so..... so...... ROY! :D

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score

You pretty much echoed my thoughts on it. Nate really needs to be knocked down a peg. I'm really hoping we see him get his butt kicked in S3. He's acting way too entitled and ungrateful for where he was at when Ted came over to where he's at now. He'd probably still be a towel boy if it wasn't for Ted giving him the chance.

For season 3 I so want to see a cross over episode now where Buffy comes and stakes Rupert and Nate. His name is even Rupert in both shows so we can claim in the 10+ years since Buffy ended that he went back to England, made a fortune, and did everything leading up to now. :)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Good article about Nate's journey in season 2, along with a note from the actor. Good stuff, but obviously crawling with spoilers for the finale:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Hearing season 3 will be its last. Although I wouldn’t put it past Apple to throw a ton more money at it to continue.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hearing season 3 will be its last. Although I wouldn’t put it past Apple to throw a ton more money at it to continue.
They've already started hedging on that. I noticed it last week. As much as I LOVE this show, maybe it shouldn't go beyond the original arc. How many shows were supposed to be limited, got extended, and the quality suffered?

My free year of Apple will be up before the 3rd season. I'll have to find alternate methods of watching it.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They've already started hedging on that. I noticed it last week. As much as I LOVE this show, maybe it shouldn't go beyond the original arc. How many shows were supposed to be limited, got extended, and the quality suffered?

My free year of Apple will be up before the 3rd season. I'll have to find alternate methods of watching it.
You'd only have to subscribe for 3, maybe 4 months. Money well spent :thumbup:

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score

Looks like it might go beyond 3 but that's still up in the air. From this article it sounds like they have a 3 season story arc that they're doing and then could venture off from it if they do more seasons. Having the 3 season arc laid out make's Apple renewing it for S2 and 3 right after S1 makes more sense now too.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This show is so damn brilliant. They managed to make me love a character and hate him by the end of Season 2. That is really hard to pull off in an organic way. I hope this goes beyond 3 seasons because I love this show so damn much.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose