Cardinals Head Coaching Candidates 2023

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Gannon has the most diverse defensive & personnel background of any candidates thus far interviewed. He’d be interesting but he might want more personnel input than would be comfortable. He‘s really well thought of for defensive player development. The Cards have a major need for that skill. I think they‘ve wasted quite a few prospects because of poor development.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Gannon has the most diverse defensive & personnel background of any candidates thus far interviewed. He’d be interesting but he might want more personnel input than would be comfortable. He‘s really well thought of for defensive player development. The Cards have a major need for that skill. I think they‘ve wasted quite a few prospects because of poor development.
Harry do you think he targeted AZ once Monti was named GM?

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'd rather have the right guy than the quick guy.
“We’re excited about the great progress we have made,” Bidwill added. “Every bit of advice as been ‘take your time’ and we have. I’m sure there are some frustrations with some of our fans, but we want to make the right decision, not the fastest decision.

Michael's company speak appears to be working on someone.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like hearing this

Player development is huge, especially with young players

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kafka, Bieniemy, Gannon would excite me.

Who would Lou's OC and DC be?
Why are people still bringing up Bieniemy? He has been turned down Multiples of times…. He isn’t performing the duties of a true OC. He’s JAG in the Chiefs organization. I don’t get it.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Nah, unless it comes with glaring stupidity (like "I was glad to have VJ's experience as our DC!") or is a glaringly stupid hire (like suddenly hiring Rex Ryan), I'll give the guy and his staff a shot. Hard to blame a guy for accepting one of the only 32 jobs in the world, even if it is with a joke of a franchise.
Right. Clear as day bad hires such as guys who had been recently dismissed as head coaches (Kliff/Flores/VJ) or who led subpar sides of the ball (VJ again) would’ve been it for me.

Kafka, Lou, and Gannon have great resumes, seem to be culture-builders, and make better what they’ve inherited almost everywhere. That’s what we need.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Why are people still bringing up Bieniemy? He has been turned down Multiples of times…. He isn’t performing the duties of a true OC. He’s JAG in the Chiefs organization. I don’t get it.
I think it's more put up or shut up with him.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Ravens and Titans interviewed him but he probably wants an offense that throws the ball occasionally.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
“We’re excited about the great progress we have made,” Bidwill added. “Every bit of advice as been ‘take your time’ and we have. I’m sure there are some frustrations with some of our fans, but we want to make the right decision, not the fastest decision.

Michael's company speak appears to be working on someone.

So you don't want the right guy?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Jesus, good management strikes when the iron is hot. A 2 day window is forever. If he's the guy--or a guy they think could be the guy--then they damn sure should've got him in (or on Zoom) for an interview. To me, this says this clown show isn't going to be over Monday, or Tuesday, or even this week. We are going to go into late February without a GD head coach.

Listen, I was super patient through the early parts of the process. I didn't have big opinions on who we should or shouldn't hire at GM or HC. I didn't wade in on the Payton saga and played a wait and see when Monti was hired. No more patience. There's a difference between calm, calculating, deliberate, and being slow, laborious, clueless in an attempt to be the former. The process looks very, very much like the latter. It reminds me of our disastrous approaches to FA in the old days. Puke-worthy management days.
gonna blow everyones mind when it turns out Mike was playing the distraction while his GM was courting his new HC...and on wednesday at the PC they announce the hiring of Jim Harbaugh

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ravens and Titans interviewed him but he probably wants an offense that throws the ball occasionally.
“Bieniemy, 53, has interviewed 15 times for head-coaching positions with 14 teams over the past four years, and Reid's coaching tree is long and distinguished, producing successful head coaches like Buffalo's Sean McDermott, Jacksonville's Doug Pederson, Baltimore's John Harbaugh, Washington's Ron Rivera and many more”

Clearly nobody wants this guy. But people on this board still clamor for him. What does he actually do on the chiefs? It’s been proven he doesn’t even call plays.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Right. Clear as day bad hires such as guys who had been recently dismissed as head coaches (Kliff/Flores/VJ) or who led subpar sides of the ball (VJ again) would’ve been it for me.

Kafka, Lou, and Gannon have great resumes, seem to be culture-builders, and make better what they’ve inherited almost everywhere. That’s what we need.
I'd be okay with any of them. Not going to do cartwheels but wouldn't poo poo any of them either.