Cardinals Head Coaching Candidates 2023

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Warner was here for a cup of coffee. I’m talking about someone like Jim Hart, Neil Lomax, or Jake Plummer. Guys we drafted and developed. We had very little participation in the development of Kurt Warner.

Some Cup of coffee.

Hart had a long and solid career. Lomax, the most talented, was beset by a career-ending injury, and whether in AZ or Denver, the Snake showed clearly that he would never have been Hall of Fame worthy.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
curious how a guy they havent even talked to has " emerged as a key candidate"

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
It can't hurt, I mean why not? With him just now being added to the candidate list, maybe Gannon is Monti's choice & Bidwill isn't really choosing after all? Maybe he's listening to Monti like he should be?

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
It makes sense to me but I am usually wrong, so there is that. :)

You must be registered for see images attach

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Then they are frakking criminally negligent because they have had ample time to consider, interview, and re-interview him. WTF have they been waiting for?
I'm not 100% sure on the rules about this, but since we took awhile on a GM, there was also a window to do 1st round interviews, and then can follow up with 2nd round. But since we waited too long on the first, we had to wait completely. Perhaps someone with more knowledge can fill in the fact gaps there.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure on the rules about this, but since we took awhile on a GM, there was also a window to do 1st round interviews, and then can follow up with 2nd round. But since we waited too long on the first, we had to wait completely. Perhaps someone with more knowledge can fill in the fact gaps there.

Exactly.

We didn't hire Monti until the 17th. Gannon's last interview was on 19th and they played the Giants on the 22nd. After that he couldn't take a 1st interview I believe.

They must have strong Intel he's a huge contender to wait for him.

I'd rather have the right guy than the quick guy.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Exactly.

We didn't hire Monti until the 17th. Gannon's last interview was on 19th and they played the Giants on the 22nd. After that he couldn't take a 1st interview I believe.

They must have strong Intel he's a huge contender to wait for him.

I'd rather have the right guy than the quick guy.
Here I was expecting you to maybe aim a bit of completely fair criticism at the team and am shocked, I say, to see more staunch support for this regime.

Stout

Reaction score
So, a ten-car pileup that slowed traffic?

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I guess Mike would have needed to hire the first GM candidate he offered the job to, in order to have had enough time to interview Gannon before the window closed. But Mike didn't want to pay that GM candidate his asking price and the process was extended until he found somebody cheaper. So, you see, none of this is Mikes fault.

Stout

Reaction score
Not necessarily. It's possible Cards had a 2 day window with him, so it was just barely missed.
Jesus, good management strikes when the iron is hot. A 2 day window is forever. If he's the guy--or a guy they think could be the guy--then they damn sure should've got him in (or on Zoom) for an interview. To me, this says this clown show isn't going to be over Monday, or Tuesday, or even this week. We are going to go into late February without a GD head coach.

Listen, I was super patient through the early parts of the process. I didn't have big opinions on who we should or shouldn't hire at GM or HC. I didn't wade in on the Payton saga and played a wait and see when Monti was hired. No more patience. There's a difference between calm, calculating, deliberate, and being slow, laborious, clueless in an attempt to be the former. The process looks very, very much like the latter. It reminds me of our disastrous approaches to FA in the old days. Puke-worthy management days.

Stout

Reaction score
Impatience is the father of error.
This response sounds like a defense of the old Cards approach to FA. "Why did the other team sign them after we brought them in, let them go without an offer, and had to deliberate a contract?" "Well, you see, we have to be patient and consider all--wait, we lost ANOTHER FA signing? Drats. Welp, we gots ta be patient!"

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Jesus, good management strikes when the iron is hot. A 2 day window is forever. If he's the guy--or a guy they think could be the guy--then they damn sure should've got him in (or on Zoom) for an interview. To me, this says this clown show isn't going to be over Monday, or Tuesday, or even this week. We are going to go into late February without a GD head coach.

Listen, I was super patient through the early parts of the process. I didn't have big opinions on who we should or shouldn't hire at GM or HC. I didn't wade in on the Payton saga and played a wait and see when Monti was hired. No more patience. There's a difference between calm, calculating, deliberate, and being slow, laborious, clueless in an attempt to be the former. The process looks very, very much like the latter. It reminds me of our disastrous approaches to FA in the old days. Puke-worthy management days.

I understand all of that. They may have had a 5 day window and he just declined interviews early, or in general, as it seems he didn't get many. We did get a record number of interviews, but as far as him specifically it's all just speculation on what went down. If we end up getting him then everything is moot.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I guess Mike would have needed to hire the first GM candidate he offered the job to, in order to have had enough time to interview Gannon before the window closed. But Mike didn't want to pay that GM candidate his asking price and the process was extended until he found somebody cheaper. So, you see, none of this is Mikes fault.

SOURCE?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard