Cardinals Head Coaching Candidates 2023

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Is this Mike's burner or what? It's already leaked that Mike wouldn't pay his first GM choice what he wanted and settled for Ossenfort. Bury your head in the sand if that makes you feel better.

Believe what you will, but until I see the actual story to this effect with an attributable source, I say B-S!

(and, if, in passing, the Chicago guy actually passed on a formal offer, he F-upped because Tennessee passed on him and unlike your spin, we can actually verify this as fact.)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Believe what you will, but until I see the actual story to this effect with an attributable source, I say B-S!

(and, if, in passing, the Chicago guy actually passed on a formal offer, he F-upped because Tennessee passed on him and unlike your spin, we can actually verify this as fact.)
Considering you need tablets with commandments carved by God before you'll believe anything, why, pray tell, dwell on a message board? It's a curious combination of demanding incontrovertible proof for anyone to hold an opinion on a place formed by opinions. Just wondering.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Whoever it is, we can be confident it won't meet your discerning eye.
Nah, unless it comes with glaring stupidity (like "I was glad to have VJ's experience as our DC!") or is a glaringly stupid hire (like suddenly hiring Rex Ryan), I'll give the guy and his staff a shot. Hard to blame a guy for accepting one of the only 32 jobs in the world, even if it is with a joke of a franchise.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Bidwill being super careful not to interrupt the superbowl. Except, on the literal day of the superbowl, it's announced that he's interviewing the defensive coordinator for one of the teams playing in the superbowl. Bidwill sure is a smooth operator.

Mark22

VBhoopcoach
Reaction score
curious how a guy they havent even talked to has " emerged as a key candidate"

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Then they are frakking criminally negligent because they have had ample time to consider, interview, and re-interview him. WTF have they been waiting for?
The reality is that no one outside of the Cardinal brass and the people being interviewed really know what has transpired throughout the hiring process. For all we know the Cardinals and Gannon have already had a preliminary interview via zoom or in person. The media just doesn't know a whole lot about the process and what is reported definitely doesn't capture the whole story.

In the meantime people will speculate about what the Cardinals have or have not done, and their thinking or lack of thinking for doing so.
Bingo!

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Bidwill being super careful not to interrupt the superbowl. Except, on the literal day of the superbowl, it's announced that he's interviewing the defensive coordinator for one of the teams playing in the superbowl. Bidwill sure is a smooth operator.
Not as bad as the actual Colts hire leaked. Gannon is just an interview, after the SB.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have to wonder if that relates to a KAFKA hire, given his background.
There was a tweet up for like a minute on Friday that said that. Schefter deleted it or it was fake. I grabbed a screenshot, but I'm not posting it again. Basically said the Cardinals were given Kafka until Monday to secure him as OC (with a misspelling) and Cullen at DC and then the job was his.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson