Cardinals Head Coaching Candidates 2023

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe that is what Kyler needs.
You gotta have someone that will find a way to get through to him without coddling (KK) or being an *****. Going from one extreme to the other seems like a terrible idea. The Dolphins brought in the right guy.

I kind of wish this guy was our coach!

#CoachErkle

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
And Brady had Moss & Gronk, two of the better weapons in NFL history for at least more than half of his career.

Lets stop this narratives that QBs are playing at a high level with Walmart-workers as their WR1/TE1!

And no, this is NOT excusing Kyler’s pathetic play with Hopkins.
I hope you mean WITHOUT Hopkins. Cause he has 101 passer rating with Hopkins the last two years.

(Im sure you meant without though)

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You can go back to a Cowherd appearance in Dec/Jan and find more he says about Murray and how he'd work with him and what needs to change. It's the "hero ball" type of treatment that Sean said needs to stop with Murray...that he needs a true running game to take the pressure off, so that he's not the only one on the team being asked to make play after play, to save their butts.

Same word salad referring to Russ, recently. Offensive genius.

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You gotta have someone that will find a way to get through to him without coddling (KK) or being an *****. Going from one extreme to the other seems like a terrible idea. The Dolphins brought in the right guy.

I kind of wish this guy was our coach!

#CoachErkle

He still went 9-8 and almost ended his QB's career. I don't see the problem with being a hard-ass. If Flores has some Belichick and BA in him, great! We need high standards around here.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This "coaches don't want Kyler" story is what happens when Kyler doesn't put himself out there as I said last week.

The huge media void where Kyler's personality should be is being filled by all these negative narratives. If he was out there being likeable and interesting people would be far less inclined to write or believe this stuff. As it is, he makes it easy.

He hasn't done any media in the last year to dispel any of the negativity around him and now the team is paying the price.

So, if you know this to be true, why lend any credence to the media? Eff them. We know theyre full of it anyhow. "If hed get out there and be likeable, the media would [play nicer!" WHO CAAAAAAAAAAAARES?????? Meme me @kerouac9 !!!!

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I don't think Kyler is a bad guy. In fact, I don't think that's really been the narrative. He seems like someone who is a little quieter and plenty easy to get along with, just not a fiery leader, or someone who cares to put in the extra effort in the film room.

You can be a perfectly nice guy but not be suited to be an NFL quarterback.

General Chaos

Gronko = Man Beast
Reaction score
I don't think Kyler is a bad guy. In fact, I don't think that's really been the narrative. He seems like someone who is a little quieter and plenty easy to get along with, just not a fiery leader, or someone who cares to put in the extra effort in the film room.

Fair, but also someone not very devoted to his craft and unwilling to stick his nose in there to make a winning play if contact is coming.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
It’s widely known that we have an easy out with Kyler after 2024. Any coach that doesn’t understand this is dumb to the point where he’d be a terrible hire.

At the same time if “fixing” Kyler is a mandate by Bidwill during these interviews well then that’s a massive ownership gaffe.
I’m not certain I’d say easy. If I’m reading it right if they cut Murray the the end of 2024 they eat $33 mil in dead money. If you wait until after 6/1 it looks like only $13 mil, but Murray has a smart agent. If you wait until 6/1/2025 to get the lower bonus cap hit you have to pay the $12 mil roster bonus for 2025, so the cap hit is small, but an extra $12 mil has to come out of Bidwill’s pocket. I’m not sure he will think it’s worth an extra $12 mil to buy that cap space.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I’m not certain I’d say easy. If I’m reading it right if they cut Murray the the end of 2024 they eat $33 mil in dead money. If you wait until after 6/1 it looks like only $13 mil, but Murray has a smart agent. If you wait until 6/1/2025 to get the lower bonus cap hit you have to pay the $12 mil roster bonus for 2025, so the cap hit is small, but an extra $12 mil has to come out of Bidwill’s pocket. I’m not sure he will think it’s worth an extra $12 mil to buy that cap space.
Michael Bidwill can find $12M in a half a second so yes it is easy.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
By their count Pauline bats about 20% on his rumors. He got Kyler to the Cards right though!
Okay, lots to unpack. Let me start by saying Pauline’s not my friend. In 30 years we’ve probably conversed twice. I base his credibility on his professional history and what people I respect in this industry think of him. This is going to be long; sorry. Pieces like this have no place in this field.

My first question is what are this guys credentials? His website just says he’s written about the Seahawks for 20 years, apparently unpaid. He cites no other credentials. That does not mean his observations are by definition, inaccurate. I won’t stoop to labeling this article beyond saying it’s not journalism.

Joe goes back to 2016 and cites 41 rumors/predictions (10 proved accurate) Pauline offered. Since Pauline writes most weeks, does countless interviews (Google him) and most of those presentations include numerous rumors, citing 41 is not statistically significant to give an accurate evaluation. I’m sure he provides hundreds of rumors and predictions every year. I’m also not sure of the context. This week alone I’ve identified rumors as coming from questionable sources and sources I fully trusted. Next these are rumors. When I was writing for Rivals and Football Digest I was sometimes fed rumors, teams wanted out there. If the source did that repeatedly, I dropped them. Early on some got through and I can tell you if you ask the AZ Republic guys, they’ll tell you they’ve fallen victim to this. I’ve also had sources apologize to me for giving me wrong info. Typically the said they told me in good faith but something changed. I usually believed them. Again my ”rumor“ was wrong. In fact don’t many rumors about everything turn out to be wrong. How about predictions? I have no clue how many of those I’ve missed on, but this board has alerted me to several. How many us have done mocks that missed on 80%. I bet most draft gurus have. The late Dave Te stopped doing mocks because he missed so often. He actually underrated his success percentage. In the end I guess I’m also acting what’s a good number even for a professional?

Lastly I’ve asked several times, “If I get a rumor I can‘t substantiate, do you want me to post it?” The answer has always been post it. If that’s changed, let me know. I think Lou offered this in good faith. I just think it’s a bad piece and doesn’t deserve any prominence.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Okay, lots to unpack. Let me start by saying Pauline’s not my friend. In 30 years we’ve probably conversed twice. I base his credibility on his professional history and what people I respect in this industry think of him. This is going to be long; sorry. Pieces like this have no place in this field.

My first question is what are this guys credentials? His website just says he’s written about the Seahawks for 20 years, apparently unpaid. He cites no other credentials. That does not mean his observations are by definition, inaccurate. I won’t stoop to labeling this article beyond saying it’s not journalism.

Joe goes back to 2016 and cites 41 rumors/predictions (10 proved accurate) Pauline offered. Since Pauline writes most weeks, does countless interviews (Google him) and most of those presentations include numerous rumors, citing 41 is not statistically significant to give an accurate evaluation. I’m sure he provides hundreds of rumors and predictions every year. I’m also not sure of the context. This week alone I’ve identified rumors as coming from questionable sources and sources I fully trusted. Next these are rumors. When I was writing for Rivals and Football Digest I was sometimes fed rumors, teams wanted out there. If the source did that repeatedly, I dropped them. Early on some got through and I can tell you if you ask the AZ Republic guys, they’ll tell you they’ve fallen victim to this. I’ve also had sources apologize to me for giving me wrong info. Typically the said they told me in good faith but something changed. I usually believed them. Again my ”rumor“ was wrong. In fact don’t many rumors about everything turn out to be wrong. How about predictions? I have no clue how many of those I’ve missed on, but this board has alerted me to several. How many us have done mocks that missed on 80%. I bet most draft gurus have. The late Dave Te stopped doing mocks because he missed so often. He actually underrated his success percentage. In the end I guess I’m also acting what’s a good number even for a professional?

Lastly I’ve asked several times, “If I get a rumor I can‘t substantiate, do you want me to post it?” The answer has always been post it. If that’s changed, let me know. I think Lou offered this in good faith. I just think it’s a bad piece and doesn’t deserve any prominence.
Harry, we don't always agree, but I enjoy your input. In my opinion, posting an unsubstantiated rumor as an unsubstantiated rumor is far different than posting an unsubstantiated rumor in a way that readers may think it's fact. Hope I made sense, there.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kyler could very well be part of the reason coaches aren't dying to get this job, but to put the blame entirely on him would mean you are willfully ignoring the long history of the Cardinals taking what's left of the coaching candidates.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That’s awesome. One would think any doubt would have had to been erased before shelling out 250M.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Odegard who rarely says anything nice about the Cards, since being fired?

He's not saying anything nice. He's opining his doubt on Kyler Murray being an issue.

Whereas Pauline has actually been told it's an issue.