OP
OP
S

SteveKeimFan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No. He ran at his pro day.

His testing scores are almost identical to Kittle who is the best all round TE in the league.

Using mockdraftable as a benchmark for TEs is crap. You get "tight ends" at the combine that are 235lbs.

Compare him to actual NFL tight ends and he's right up there with them.
A 4.5 at his proday means he most likely would have ran 4.7/4.8 at the combine. Bruuutal if true.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's nothing to say he IS on a trajectory to be a fine NFL tight end either. We will wait and see.
This is a fair comment. I think his blocking improved a lot. In fact, I would say he is a better blocker than Ertz. But you don't draft blocking TEs in round 2.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Wouldn’t have drafted him in round 2 but I wouldn’t sell him short now. He is a better blocker that Ertz and figures to get even better. I think his receiving skills are solid. I think he’s headed for a good career.
Agree. Will he be all pro or pro bowler? Doubt it. Can he start for us for 8-10 years without major injury? It’s early, but I think he may be able to do so. Maybe 350-650 yards per season with plus blocking.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This is Krang-level going out on a limb!
Eh he’s got almost 200 yards with two games left in a season where he’s played with backups because he wasn’t getting on the field behind ertz and due to being a rookie.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
McBride could still turn out to be a solid player, and it is WAY too early to write him off, but even compared to other rookie TEs this year, his stats this year are pretty poor.

Ranks among rookie TEs
Targets - 7th
Catches - 7th
Yards - 8th
YPC - 15th
TDs - 13th (T)

He actually hasn't gotten into the end zone since September 11, 2021.

There are obviously factors that contributed to these numbers that are beyond his control, but the production is still disappointing for the first TE taken in the draft.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Tight-End is the position Where it traditionally Takes longest for pleyers to adapt to the NFL level. Far too early to write him off.
Tony Gonzalez as a rookie - 368 yards.
Antonio Gates as a rookie - 389 yards
Gronk as a rookie - 543 yards

And just for the record. McBride was the consensus #1 tight-end in the the draft. I’ve seen posts criticizing Keim for the Pick. There are posts saying it was a reach. Simply not true. The kid plays behind veterans on a team known for not playing rookies very often.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Tight-End is the position Where it traditionally Takes longest for pleyers to adapt to the NFL level. Far too early to write him off.
Tony Gonzalez as a rookie - 368 yards.
Antonio Gates as a rookie - 389 yards
Gronk as a rookie - 543 yards

And just for the record. McBride was the consensus #1 tight-end in the the draft. I’ve seen posts criticizing Keim for the Pick. There are posts saying it was a reach. Simply not true. The kid plays behind veterans on a team known for not playing rookies very often.
Hmm I get the point you’re trying to make, but comparing a guy who likely ends up with < 200 yards to guys who almost doubled or tripled that seems like a disingenuous argument. Also errs has been gone for essentially 6 games with no other real competition for mcbride and he hasn’t produced what ertz was producing.

I’m still optimistic about the kid, but I certainly see and understand (a) the reasons for concern; and (b) the criticism of the pick.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He looked good on the opening drive against the Falcons