Trey Mcbride has only 129 receiving yards in 10 starts

OP
OP
S

SteveKeimFan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
3 catches for 17 yards last week against a weak defense.

Keim was really trying his hardest to get fired this offseason wasnt he.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It’s not McBrides fault when he was drafted. The real problem is the cardinals use the pick on a TE.
We have a habit of buying nice rims without having the tires.

McBride won the John Mackey Award as the nation's best tight end in 2021 and evaluators said that he should become a plus starter.

Who would you have picked?

The next pick (56) was Sam Williams (DE) - 13 tackles - 3 sacks for Dallas

Pick 100: Myjai Sanders (DE/OLB) - 14 tackles - 3 sacks

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SteveKeimFan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Two things: He has had a long and productive career, but I'm betting there was probably some moron crapping on him as he was learning the ropes in year one.
There is no time to learn the ropes when you're a undersized and unathletic TE prospect.

Your biggest upside should be your ability to contribute from day 1 which is why McBride is such a big L.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
McBride won the John Mackey Award as the nation's best tight end in 2021 and evaluators said that he should become a plus starter.

I think he’s going to be fine. I also believe depending on the position you shouldn’t count on draft picks having a major contribution in year one.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

A lot of us wanted Drake Jackson with that pick, who went to SF and had similar stats to Sanders but playing in a situation where the guys in front of him are MUCH better than the guys in front of Myjai. I like Myjai btw and I like McBride too, I just didn't think a TE made sense given Kliff's offense.

Right now it's not a man what a horrible pick you could have had X situation.

I just think it showed the dysfunction in the organization that we picked a guy you pretty much knew was only going to be a factor if Ertz got injured, or Kliff completely changed his system. But none of that was McBride's fault.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
A lot of us wanted Drake Jackson with that pick, who went to SF and had similar stats to Sanders but playing in a situation where the guys in front of him are MUCH better than the guys in front of Myjai. I like Myjai btw and I like McBride too, I just didn't think a TE made sense given Kliff's offense.

Right now it's not a man what a horrible pick you could have had X situation.

I just think it showed the dysfunction in the organization that we picked a guy you pretty much knew was only going to be a factor if Ertz got injured, or Kliff completely changed his system. But none of that was McBride's fault.

To this point, we picked up two guys who are comparable to Jackson in the third round. We needed T-end #2, given that it was unclear if Williams could make it back, and Ertz did get hurt. If there were a plug-and-play selection at #55, I would better appreciate the complaint.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To this point, we picked up two guys who are comparable to Jackson in the third round. We needed T-end #2, given that it was unclear if Williams could make it back, and Ertz did get hurt. If there were a plug-and-play selection at #55, I would better appreciate the complaint.

I guess my point was if Drake Jackson were on this team he'd have played IMO much more than Myjai did because he's better, he's about 30 pounds bigger so he wouldn't have the size issues that Myjai has had. his stats are similar not because he's comparable, but because he plays behind much better players so he doesn't get as much opportunity.

I do like McBride, I think he'll be our #1 TE next year for probably the first half of the season and we'll see if Ertz comes back. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if Zach decided to retire too, although I hope he comes back.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
There's nothing to suggest that Trey McBride isn't on a trajectory to be a fine NFL tight end.

Of course, historically, there isn't much signal and a whole bunch of noise in a tight end's rookie year.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
There's nothing to suggest that Trey McBride isn't on a trajectory to be a fine NFL tight end.

Of course, historically, there isn't much signal and a whole bunch of noise in a tight end's rookie year.
There's nothing to say he IS on a trajectory to be a fine NFL tight end either. We will wait and see.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Secret would be not to play him until late in the game and we are faced with a crucial 3rd and 10. Put him in and he'll get us 12.9 yards.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There is no time to learn the ropes when you're a undersized and unathletic TE prospect.

Your biggest upside should be your ability to contribute from day 1 which is why McBride is such a big L.

Undersized an unathletic?

Dude runs a 4.56 40 yard dash at 6' 4" and 245lbs.

He practically the same size and athletic profile as George Kittle.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There's nothing to say he IS on a trajectory to be a fine NFL tight end either. We will wait and see.

As K9 said, there rarely is in year 1.

The best rookie tight end of the past 6 years is Evan Engram and this is the first year he's ever come close to that season.

OP
OP
S

SteveKeimFan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
As K9 said, there rarely is in year 1.

The best rookie tight end of the past 6 years is Evan Engram and this is the first year he's ever come close to that season.
Undersized an unathletic?

Dude runs a 4.56 40 yard dash at 6' 4" and 245lbs.

He practically the same size and athletic profile as George Kittle.
Lol George Kittle, you are worse than Keim. Mcbride didnt run at the combine.

He is below average in every athletic percentile l.https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/trey-mcbride

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol George Kittle, you are worse than Keim. Mcbride didnt run at the combine.

He is below average in every athletic percentile l.https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/trey-mcbride

No. He ran at his pro day.

His testing scores are almost identical to Kittle who is the best all round TE in the league.

Using mockdraftable as a benchmark for TEs is crap. You get "tight ends" at the combine that are 235lbs.

Compare him to actual NFL tight ends and he's right up there with them.