Trey Mcbride has only 129 receiving yards in 10 starts

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Trey McBride has been getting better all year. He did get lucky that Ertz went out. That gave him a lot more playing time that he wouldn’t have had. I thought he had a good game today and showed why he was taken as high as he was in the draft.

I’m looking forward to seeing him and Ertz next year. I think they will make a fine duo.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
(A) You’re right man. No one here has any opinion on football worth a penny. Don’t know what I was thinking.

(B) Everything you do must be either a complete 100% success or an abject disaster with no possibility for anything in between if you honestly think critical analysis is just “habitual bitching.”

Other than having 92 receptions and close to the 1,000 yards his first two years, you were spot on with Gonzales.

No one has any idea what we have long term with this kid yet. He’s shown glimpses. Today was a nice performance for example. But to say anyone criticizing him is just habitual bitching is, well, your own form of habitual bitching I guess.
what critical analysis?? The kid is a rookie TE in the NFL... any "critical analysis" would have to include the fact that TE's develop slower than other positions historically. A simple fact is, many fans expect pro bowl performances from every player because their "critical" analysis is made with their emotions and not their intellect.

Gonzales... actual WTF?? I even looked that up.....damned internet making me feel my age, lol

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Drop?

The throw was off.
I was at a bar with eight TVs spread out between multiple games, so we might not be talking about the same pass, or I might have missed how it was executed. Blough looked disappointed it wasn't caught, and McBride looked completely uncovered.

My dad used to tell me that if you wanted to be a pro, and the ball hit your hands, it should be caught. Kinda silly, but I like it.

I was happy he dropped it though, let's get a top pick, please.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was at a bar with eight TVs spread out between multiple games, so we might not be talking about the same pass, or I might have missed how it was executed. Blough looked disappointed it wasn't caught, and McBride looked completely uncovered.

My dad used to tell me that if you wanted to be a pro, and the ball hit your hands, it should be caught. Kinda silly, but I like it.

Overthrown. Had him open though.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Selecting the best available talent is, by definition, thinking ahead.
No, you cannot by definition for it does not apply to all scenarios unless you are claiming utter paranoia as a logical approach. Let's say you already have what you believe is a franchise QB and you take one in the early round, that makes no sense. Let's say you have a young stud RB and you take one in the early rounds, that makes no sense

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
If we didn't have ERTZ, McBride would have the Freiermuth role in year one. Freiermuth is not a rookie, he was the 55th pick in 2021.
...which is why I said last year lol Freiermuth was much better as a rookie, with the rotting corpse of Big Ben throwing to him and in an anemic offense.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No, you cannot by definition for it does not apply to all scenarios unless you are claiming utter paranoia as a logical approach. Let's say you already have what you believe is a franchise QB and you take one in the early round, that makes no sense. Let's say you have a young stud RB and you take one in the early rounds, that makes no sense

The best available talent at a position of need, I thought would be a given.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think McBride has a good chance to develop into a regular NFL two way TE. I still don't think he was the right pick considering the roster and the team's needs.

Signing Ertz to a long term contract and the relative dearth of targets he would have received if all receivers were healthy made drafting a TE2 in round two a bit too rich.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
It’s really bizarre that Keim still hs defenders on this board. I know it’s only a few guys but must be some sort of Stockholm syndrome thing.

As for McBride I hope I turn out being wrong.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think McBride has a good chance to develop into a regular NFL two way TE. I still don't think he was the right pick considering the roster and the team's needs.

Signing Ertz to a long term contract and the relative dearth of targets he would have received if all receivers were healthy made drafting a TE2 in round two a bit too rich.

Drake Jackson had his first INT yesterday and then did a cartwheel after it. Can McBride do a cartwheel?

Best game for him that was good to see.

I have to confess Blough surprised me, I have seen him enough I didn't think he had as strong an arm as he showed yesterday, clearly better than Trace

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

That deep ball to McBride was overthrown. Even diving at full stretch he could barely tip it. That wasn't a drop.

Especially when you consider there was no need for it to be positioned there as McBride was wide open.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s really bizarre that Keim still hs defenders on this board. I know it’s only a few guys but must be some sort of Stockholm syndrome thing.

As for McBride I hope I turn out being wrong.

Pointing out to people that not every single thing Keim does is bad is not defending him.

There are people here (like you for example) that just plain make stuff up or put ridiculous angles on things to try put some blame on Keim. It was you that spouted that nonsense about Keim taking drugs to counter is alcoholism recently right?

Sensible, balanced, reasonable people saying "Hey thats nuts" isn't defending Keim. It's calling out the crazy.

Keim sucks enough without people straight making **** up.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Drake Jackson had his first INT yesterday and then did a cartwheel after it. Can McBride do a cartwheel?

Best game for him that was good to see.

I have to confess Blough surprised me, I have seen him enough I didn't think he had as strong an arm as he showed yesterday, clearly better than Trace

I would have taken Drake Jackson instead of McBride.

But also Drake Jackson is having a very Myjai Sanders type of season. So it probably would have been the wrong pick.

OP
OP
S

SteveKeimFan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Unnecessary 1 day time out
Pointing out to people that not every single thing Keim does is bad is not defending him.

There are people here (like you for example) that just plain make stuff up or put ridiculous angles on things to try put some blame on Keim. It was you that spouted that nonsense about Keim taking drugs to counter is alcoholism recently right?

Sensible, balanced, reasonable people saying "Hey thats nuts" isn't defending Keim. It's calling out the crazy.

Keim sucks enough without people straight making **** up.
Relax Steve, we dont want you to start drinking again.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

But also Drake Jackson is having a very Myjai Sanders type of season. So it probably would have been the wrong pick.
Jackson has like 80 more snaps than Sanders, same sacks, one more TFL, one more QB hit.

Sanders has some potential if he keeps working at it.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

jackson is a better run defender than Myjai. I like Myjai and if he can get bigger without losing his quickness that would be great but Jackson already put on about 20 pounds at the end of his college career into his rookie year and doesn't appear to have lost any quickness.

I like Myjai I think he'll be good for us I'm just saying at the time the guy I wanted there was Jackson not a TE.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson