What should the Cardinals do on Black Monday?

What action(s) should Cardinals take?

• Fire Kliff and Keim

Votes: 88 84.6%
  • Fire Kliff only

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Fire Keim only

Votes: 10 9.6%
  • Retain both and fire VJ

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
There’s literally been ZERO merits for Kliffy to stand on this entire time but he’s still here. Kiem sucks, but with a competent coach this season would not have been lost pre-Kyler injury. We’d be still in the hunt - he’s been that bad at EVERY aspect.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
There’s literally been ZERO merits for Kliffy to stand on this entire time but he’s still here. Kiem sucks, but with a competent coach this season would not have been lost pre-Kyler injury. We’d be still in the hunt - he’s been that bad at EVERY aspect.
With a competent GM, bringing in a capable kicker, the season would also not be lost.

It goes both ways.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Clean forking house.
Gm, coach, position coaches, ballboy, waterboy, executive assistants, directors of scouting, scouts,...and the uber driver that takes them to the airport.

Mike needs to get in the fire everybody so bad he calls his wife and tells her to pack her **** because he traded her to Dan Snyder for a 5th round pick.
Blow it up

Goodyear Card

Link Guy
Reaction score
I think SK and KK are both gone. MB has been totally silent during this debacle of a season. You would expect the owner to show some sign of support or encouragement publicly for the GM and HC if he was going to retain them. Also, SK and MB usually sit together during the game. During the Monday night game MB was sitting by himself. No clue where SK was.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think SK and KK are both gone. MB has been totally silent during this debacle of a season. You would expect the owner to show some sign of support or encouragement publicly for the GM and HC if he was going to retain them. Also, SK and MB usually sit together during the game. During the Monday night game MB was sitting by himself. No clue where SK was.
I thought that at first but after thinking about it, Keim probably went to the locker room to check on Kyler. They showed Bidwill after the injury without Keim sitting with him.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
We don't do mid / late season firings. Both KK and SK will gone once the season ends.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Nothing. We don’t have a QB for next season and who’s willing to coach this team without a QB?

Keim isn’t going anywhere unless Mr. B sells the team.

VJ might be gone. He wasn’t Keim’s 1st choice as DC in 2019.
The sad reality of it is you're probably right & it sucks. I'm now hoping we lose every game badly just so there's a sliver of hope for change. I have never felt like that until last night. The injury to Kyler isn't the fault of Keim or KK, just plain bad luck. Either way it's time for a change, it's been time for a while now.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Really difficult to see how we’d compete for a top HC in the franchise’s current condition.

Also, you usually dump a GM after the draft so the new guy can hire his own scouts and staff. If we dump everyone there’s no one to write up the prospects we’ve been tracking all year.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If memory serves me correctly, my experience over almost 60 years of fandom is that the Bidwills don’t take kindly to being the embarrassment of the league. And they are no doubt the biggest disappointment this season. Especially when you factor in that MB is the host to the SB. Unless they win out, and somehow look great in doing so, I cannot fathom any way possible that Michael doesn’t clean house in regards to Keim, KK, and the entire coaching staff. My biggest fear is if he somehow thinks it’s a good idea to hire from within to replace Keim. That would be a disaster. The only leverage we have in trying to hire an experienced HC is if he allow them to hire their own people. If Bidwill doesn’t see that by now, then there’s no hope that we get a good HC.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If memory serves me correctly, my experience over almost 60 years of fandom is that the Bidwills don’t take kindly to being the embarrassment of the league. And they are no doubt the biggest disappointment this season. Especially when you factor in that MB is the host to the SB. Unless they win out, and somehow look great in doing so, I cannot fathom any way possible that Michael doesn’t clean house in regards to Keim, KK, and the entire coaching staff. My biggest fear is if he somehow thinks it’s a good idea to hire from within to replace Keim. That would be a disaster. The only leverage we have in trying to hire an experienced HC is if he allow them to hire their own people. If Bidwill doesn’t see that by now, then there’s no hope that we get a good HC.
What universe do you live in where the Cardinals are a bigger disappointment than the defending Super Bowl Champion Rams or last year’s #1 seeded Green Bay Packers… or even the Denver Broncos after the Wilson trade.

Just because you had some ridiculous notion we would be good because Kyler was transcendent doesn’t mean anyone else outside of Phoenix did. And most even in Phoenix didn’t either.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I'm usually pretty loyal. Usually pretty much a company man. But I have had enough of Keim and Kingsbury. VJ too. Mike's buddy Steve gets a nice severance package for his troubles, and Kingsbury gets to tell his his grandkids a story that begins with... "hey kids.. I had just gotten fired from my HC job at a mid-tier big twelve team, when, and you're not going to believe this..."

Last edited:

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
It’s time to clean house. The Patriot game finished me. I felt like there were more Patriot fans at the game than Card fans. They were even all over the club level. It’s pretty clear the coaching staff isn’t capable of getting it done and Keim, Kliff KM getting Extension’s was ridiculous. MB has to be coming unglued with the way this season has went.

SOCALCARD

Rookie
Reaction score
It’s time to clean house. The Patriot game finished me. I felt like there were more Patriot fans at the game than Card fans. They were even all over the club level. It’s pretty clear the coaching staff isn’t capable of getting it done and Keim, Kliff KM getting Extension’s was ridiculous. MB has to be coming unglued with the way this season has went.
You should have seen the Chiefs game. I swear 3/4 of the stadium was chiefs fans. Just didn't look as bad as it was because they were mostly wearing red. The Philly game was bad as well. A large group of them stayed in the stadium after the game and did their Eagles chant together. I'm quite sure the Cards players heard it loud and clear in the locker room.