Cards RELEASE Eno Benjamin

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Sure, that's understandable. But the quotes from Green still directly refute the assumptions @Chopper0080 made in his post, that the team botched the situation because Keim is afraid to have face to face honest conversations with players about where they stand.

...dave
I don’t think it “refutes” it because it literally has nothing to do with eno. So at best it’s evidence of how keim has acted in one similar situation (so hardly a mountain of evidence). Not to mention just as players at different ends of their careers may have different perspectives, so might keim approach conversations differently with different players. Wouldn’t entirely surprise me if he treats a potential HOFer with more respect than he does what he perceives to be a fringe talent (and thus potentially someone beneath him). Either way it’s conjecture in either direction. I’m sure all parties had some fault here, it is the cardinals way.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm not your clown who dances at your urgings LOL. I could, but I won't lol.

Eno is not a great player. I'm don't even think he is a good player. He's an average player. That has shown out over the year.
lol dance, Krang, dance!

You made a claim, I called you on it. It is what it is.

He’s an average to above average backup rb. But in a team where depth tends to be questionable bumping someone because they want to play more seems keim-sighted.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
lol dance, Krang, dance!

You made a claim, I called you on it. It is what it is.

He’s an average to above average backup rb. But in a team where depth tends to be questionable bumping someone because they want to play more seems keim-sighted.
Average RBs are a dime a dozen man. The Cardinals have two average RBs on their PS. I highly they cut a guy that they can't move on from. Corey Clement and Ty'Son Williams are comparable players. And they aren't whining about playing time, and apparently making personal insults at coaches. Average players get cut for things like that...this is a team clawing back and Eno is going to try and make this about himself. No sir, goodbye.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Average RBs are a dime a dozen man. The Cardinals have two average RBs on their PS. I highly they cut a guy that they can't move on from. Corey Clement and Ty'Son Williams are comparable players. And they aren't whining about playing time, and apparently making personal insults at coaches. Average players get cut for things like that...this is a team clawing back and Eno is going to try and make this about himself. No sir, goodbye.

I'm not even fussed about the why. I really don't care.

He wasn't "our best back". That's just silly. Yes, his YPC is currently the best but that's because he was a minimal carry change of pace back. You look at the stats for all those guys in the league and they are above average. Because they get carries with fresh legs, often late in games against gassed defenses.

Dontrell Hilliard has 6.8 YPC to Derrick Henry's 4.6. It doesn't make him a better running back.

He's not good and never will be. There are 50 Eno Benjamins sat on the sofa. He's not even a Wayne Gallman.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sure, that's understandable. But the quotes from Green still directly refute the assumptions @Chopper0080 made in his post, that the team botched the situation because Keim is afraid to have face to face honest conversations with players about where they stand.

...dave
ALA Pat P?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Can you elaborate what you’re thinking here? I too think yelling at a coach in the locker room seems like a bizarre reason to be cut, especially considering the known circumstances.
My thoughts are aligned with Bickley's... That there is simply a tremendous degree of poor leadership and dysfunction throughout this franchise.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My thoughts are aligned with Bickley's... That there is simply a tremendous degree of poor leadership and dysfunction throughout this franchise.
This I think we all....errr most of us anyway....would agree on. Is Eno being released another example? Maybe or maybe not, as I've said before we don't KNOW what went down leading to his release.

At any rate, I don't think they will miss his 30 yards a game or, if you take away N.O., his 22.4 yards per game.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to Bickley's article, he HAS BECOME ONE. Just because he was a good Soldier before doesn't mean he is now.
You spent the entire off-season bashing Bickley as a know nothing about everything who just makes up stories… but now… you take his word as solid as oak. Interesting.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Holy crap, I can't believe we have 10 pages of discussion on Eno Benjamin. Seriously, Eno Benjamin is worth 10 pages of posts???????????

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t think it “refutes” it because it literally has nothing to do with eno. So at best it’s evidence of how keim has acted in one similar situation (so hardly a mountain of evidence).
Yes, we're in agreement that it's entirely possible Keim was unprofessional and disrespectful to Benjamin, while handling Green with total openness and respect. And it's likely and somewhat understandable that a young buck would handle things differently from a grizzled vet, refusing to be patient while his perceived career opportunity melts away. (Then again, you could argue that Green should be even more upset that his opportunity to pad his stats and make a case for the Hall of Fame was melting away.)

My point was simply that on the same day that Chopper stated that "Keim being the 'alpha' he seems to struggle having a face to face, honest conversation with players about where they stand," Green's quote stands in direct opposition to that claim: "I just want you to be honest with me and that's what they did – they have been very honest with me through this whole process."

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
He's not solid. That's the problem and the reason he has been cut.

People here are only looking at his run production which outside of a nice one off TD vs the Niners last year and a single game vs the Saints has been mediocre. Even that's not enough to decree this a bad move in my opinion.

But that's only part of the equation. They don't trust him in pass pro. They don't trust his receiving. And he doesn't play special teams outside kick returns.

These are all the reasons why he didn't play year 1 and barely played year 2.

They thought he has turned a corner this year but he hasn't and I assume they thought his "demands" to play more were way beyond what his work rate and performance allowed.
Bullcrap, solid means he belongs in this league and is average which he is and knows the system. I have high hopes for Ingram but Eno is still more proven till that happens. Eno is replaceable, but not up to the same easy transition since we are knee deep into the season and one needs to know the offense. He can start in stretches, and he was probably not complaining about not being the main back but wanting at least some touches which he was not given, but I do see why the Cards released him because he probably went off after a win and he is just average for his role
I also do not think the size factor makes him automatically a liability because I saw a back named Stump Mitchell play for the Cards who weighed in usually around a whopping 185 lbs playing in a league which was much more brutal, and he did not miss much time being highly productive. I will give Eno his due, not good or great, but he is a solid for what he is. Do not mind the release because Williams if healthy is just as solid if not more with experience and you have the potential in Ingram

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We all know if Eno went to Rutgers you wouldn’t say this :) lol
Obviously, there is an additional connection because he played for my alma mater, but this would still be a head-scratching situation had he been from U of A, for example. He patiently waited and had some success when called upon and then - gone suddenly from a roster that is shallow when it comes to RBs.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
If you think yelling at a coach and making personal insults is "good soldier"...that's just crazy.

Average players who do this get cut, plain and simple.
1.) We don't know if "personal insults" were actually launched... and we certainly don't know what might've precipitated that type of rant, if in fact it did go down that way...
2.) Yelling at a coach, particularly when it's someone like ENO, who has never been tagged as that type of player, is not at all justification to cut the guy.

And, before you and anyone else launch the obvious response... No, I don't believe the team is any worse for not having Eno on the team. I said this in other threads - Eno is a nice, change of pace back-up. That's it.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Holy crap, I can't believe we have 10 pages of discussion on Eno Benjamin. Seriously, Eno Benjamin is worth 10 pages of posts???????????

Just wait until the thread transitions into "Is Kyler Murray the QB equivalent of Eno Benjamin?" At least 50 pages of posts.

Obviously, there is an additional connection because he played for my alma mater, but this would still be a head-scratching situation had he been from U of A, for example. He patiently waited and had some success when called upon and then - gone suddenly from a roster that is shallow when it comes to RBs.

Yeah. Even if he was bad and replacement-level, he was probably the second-best RB on this team. There's a reason why he wasn't on the practice squad and was the main backup as of a couple weeks ago. Nothing has changed since then.

Either:

1) Eno is bad and Keim and Kliff were too stupid to elevate better players in the practice squad guys whose names I won't remember.

2) Eno is good and the franchise is so toxic they couldn't find a better solution than releasing their second-best running back outright because the team couldn't convince him they had a plan.

I'm excited to hear the middle ground people find.

Anyway, apparently on the twitter thread with Jaelen Strong, he started replying that Eno went ape at some point and his behavior made it impossible for the team not to release him.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyway, apparently on the twitter thread with Jaelen Strong, he started replying that Eno went ape at some point and his behavior made it impossible for the team not to release him.

This is what I fully expected at some point to come out. That he lost his **** so bad and said some things you just cannot come back from.

It’s the only thing that makes any sense.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose