Cards RELEASE Eno Benjamin

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nobody outside the locker room knows what happened. Maybe it's organizational misfunction or maybe Eno did something egregious. Unless the team comes out and says definitively what it was we'll never know.

A lot of angst about a very marginal player IMO. If he didn't go to ASU it would be a big nothingburger to most here I would imagine.
I am not going to argue with the gist of what you are saying. It's not so much that he was released, it's more like "Why now?" It's not like the RB room is deep with talent and health at the moment.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yep... I'm not so much questioning whether or not it happened. It could've...if it did, I very much doubt that Eno acted and/or said things that reached such a level that the team felt the need to dump his arse... Sorry man... I am soooo not buying that.
Read Bickley's article. He has a scoop on it.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I am not going to argue with the gist of what you are saying. It's not so much that he was released, it's more like "Why now?" It's not like the RB room is deep with talent and health at the moment.
I think people are enamored with a replacement level player...and there are TWO replacement level RBs on the PS.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Read Bickley's article. He has a scoop on it.
I did. I'm not sure Bickley's views debunk my point. In fact, he specifically states, on more than one occasion, that Eno's departure is yet another example of the franchise's poor management, poor communication...
It seems clear Eno was pissed. It also seems clear he had a right to question the way in which he was being used, especially given the communication short-comings of the team (Kliff, Keim).

I stand by my comments about Eno's character - which, FWIW, I received from someone who is extremely close and connected with the team.
Coupled with the teams' love of Eno and his ascension, as a 7th rounder, the leadership of this team couldn't be more dysfunctional.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only things that stands out with his release is that it seems like we have botched another player management situation. No reason you can't have a convo with Eno, tell him his usage will fluctuate significantly, and that you will release him if he feels he will get a better opportunity elsewhere. This isn't shocking in that despite Keim being the "alpha" he seems to struggle having a face to face, honest conversation with players about where they stand.
Well here's an example of how a pro handles not getting as much playing time as he'd like... and evidence that the Cards' HAVE had face to face, honest conversations about where players stand:

Considering Green had a total of one offensive snap combined in two of the Cardinals' previous three games, such plays were unexpected. Since Robbie Anderson arrived in trade, it was Green's opportunity that faded.

But there he was Sunday, making a difference when the Cardinals needed him.

"It's very difficult," the soft-spoken Green said. "I've been the guy for the last decade. It's hard to come off the field. But I understand my role. I know what I can still do, I know I can still play at a high level. Sometimes you can't control it. You just have to be ready."

[....]

"We all have that tough conversation sometimes," Green said. "I just want you to be honest with me and that's what they did – they have been very honest with me through this whole process."

[....]

"I've been in this league a long time, seen a lot of stuff," Green said. "For me, I've always been a guy who stayed level whatever happened. I know I put the work in each and every day and I'm always satisfied with whatever the outcome is because I know the work I've put in."
...dave

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not enamored with him. It's just not normal. Even for the Cardinals.
Not sure why some seem unable to grasp this...

I bet if you wanted to take the effort you could find multiples of players over the years that have been cut for being insubordinate or acting out of line on many NFL teams.

OP
OP
Dayman

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He's the 28th ranked kick returner. Outside of that he doesn't play ST's. He has 3 drops on just over 30 targets.

This is overblown.

Completely replaceable player and a luxury to carry on a roster when he doesn't contribute on ST's and you can't trust him as a 3rd down back.
He is the 28th ranked kick returner based on total kick return yards, which is a really weird stat to use unless you have an agenda, considering he has split time in that role with Dortch.

Based on the much more widely used and much more important stats, his 22.5 yard kick return average would rank 9th if he had 2 more returns to qualify as a full-time returner. Seems like a quality special teams contributor to me.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I guess if you buy that story...and even if it's true that "Eno got into with an assistant coach," is he the first player to ever do such a thing? Literally, anyone who has ever been anywhere near Eno, raved about his character and his Team-First approach.
We all can believe what we choose to believe... IMO, there is MUCH more to this story, most of which would not reflect well on this franchise...
Can you elaborate what you’re thinking here? I too think yelling at a coach in the locker room seems like a bizarre reason to be cut, especially considering the known circumstances.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
LOL you do realize that you literally insulted people (you or your borg) who asked you guys to name the pass rushers the Cardinals could have signed.

I can name one back who's probably as good as Eno, and he's on the damn PS...Corey Clement.
Wait I’m pretty sure my brother did name a bunch of guys. And I’m pretty sure you said you could make a dozen and when called upon do it came up with . . . one. Bravo, krang.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think it was @Ouchie-Z-Clown then.

The point is that it's not our jobs to ID talent, that's Keims job. And as we all have seen time and time again, RBs are a dime a dozen. A good OL is 70% of the battle.
Nope you got it right. It was cheese. And he backed up his words.

But you’re right, it is Keim’s job to identify the talent. But that’s not what you said. You said you could name a dozen better. And again, named one.

That said I agree with the offensive line perspective. Another arena keim has failed at.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Well here's an example of how a pro handles not getting as much playing time as he'd like... and evidence that the Cards' HAVE had face to face, honest conversations about where players stand:

...dave
May be a lot different perspectives from a dude who recognizes he’s nearing the end of his chain verses a guy trying to launch his career.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
May be a lot different perspectives from a dude who recognizes he’s nearing the end of his chain verses a guy trying to launch his career.
Sure, that's understandable. But the quotes from Green still directly refute the assumptions @Chopper0080 made in his post, that the team botched the situation because Keim is afraid to have face to face honest conversations with players about where they stand.
The only things that stands out with his release is that it seems like we have botched another player management situation. No reason you can't have a convo with Eno, tell him his usage will fluctuate significantly, and that you will release him if he feels he will get a better opportunity elsewhere. This isn't shocking in that despite Keim being the "alpha" he seems to struggle having a face to face, honest conversation with players about where they stand.
...dave

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Nope you got it right. It was cheese. And he backed up his words.

But you’re right, it is Keim’s job to identify the talent. But that’s not what you said. You said you could name a dozen better. And again, named one.

That said I agree with the offensive line perspective. Another arena keim has failed at.
I'm not your clown who dances at your urgings LOL. I could, but I won't lol.

Eno is not a great player. I'm don't even think he is a good player. He's an average player. That has shown out over the year.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
It’s widely reported that it occurred. And now your trying to believe some other possible narrative? I mean what do you think it is the team hated his beard?
You can't always believe what is reported (aka "spin") especially with this team. I mean, we don't even know what kind of "injury" Rodney Hudson had.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

...dave
"We all have that tough conversation sometimes," Green said. "I just want you to be honest with me and that's what they did – they have been very honest with me through this whole process."
This quote from Green about the Cardinals NOT being honest to Eno look...pretty wrong. If the Cardinals can tell a borderline HOF player that he isn't getting many snaps, I doubt that Eno didn't know where he stands.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The only aspect which hurts is that he is a solid player which already knows the system

He's not solid. That's the problem and the reason he has been cut.

People here are only looking at his run production which outside of a nice one off TD vs the Niners last year and a single game vs the Saints has been mediocre. Even that's not enough to decree this a bad move in my opinion.

But that's only part of the equation. They don't trust him in pass pro. They don't trust his receiving. And he doesn't play special teams outside kick returns.

These are all the reasons why he didn't play year 1 and barely played year 2.

They thought he has turned a corner this year but he hasn't and I assume they thought his "demands" to play more were way beyond what his work rate and performance allowed.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Eno is not priest Holmes but from what we have seen he is better or more ready then Ingram
Unfortunately the offensive line didn't help any of our rbs this season, but statistically Eno was the best back
I understand replacing a player if u have someone better in the depth chart, but that's not the case

This is Eno's 3rd year. Ingram has been in the league 10 games.

I'm guessing they like what they see from Ingram after 10 enough to not be concerned about losing Eno after 2.5.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is the 28th ranked kick returner based on total kick return yards, which is a really weird stat to use unless you have an agenda, considering he has split time in that role with Dortch.

Based on the much more widely used and much more important stats, his 22.5 yard kick return average would rank 9th if he had 2 more returns to qualify as a full-time returner. Seems like a quality special teams contributor to me.

He's 28th in average return yards. If we remove all the players with less than 10 returns then he would be 12th. But then Eno only has 8 so I'd have to remove him too.

If I remove everyone with less than 5 he's 16th.

22-23 yards is really the bare minimum you would expect from kick returns considering they are only taking balls that don't make it into the EZ or barely do so.

Anything less and you suck.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard