Cards RELEASE Eno Benjamin

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Holy crap, I can't believe we have 10 pages of discussion on Eno Benjamin. Seriously, Eno Benjamin is worth 10 pages of posts???????????
No. Some use anything to rage against the GM (who deserves most of it. )

Jimmy Johnson would cut running backs for fumbling. Not saying this team's coach or GM could carry his jock but it just shows how replaceable average RBs are. Who needs the drama?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
This is what I fully expected at some point to come out. That he lost his **** so bad and said some things you just cannot come back from.

It’s the only thing that makes any sense.
Like what though? I mean, everyone has a bad day/bad moment... I can see Eno, just like anyone, losing his shyte in the heat of a conversation...it happens. But what could he have possible said that would reach the level where the team felt they had no other choice but to cut him??

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what I fully expected at some point to come out. That he lost his **** so bad and said some things you just cannot come back from.

It’s the only thing that makes any sense.
Kyler has a history of going off on coaches (was benched in college for it). Recently went after Kliff during a game. I guess when you are being paid close to a quarter of a billion dollars you can do what you want without any recourse, but if you are a backup RB you get released. :shrug:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler has a history of going off on coaches (was benched in college for it). Recently went after Kliff during a game. I guess when you are being paid close to a quarter of a billion dollars you can do what you want without any recourse, but if you are a backup RB you get released. :shrug:

Absolutely salary and pecking order matter. Always have always will.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yep.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely salary and pecking order matter. Always have always will.
Even still - he must have made a threat or something. Cannot believe he would have been released for having a heated discussion.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even still - he must have made a threat or something. Cannot believe he would have been released for having a heated discussion.

Whole plethora of things he could have said. Could have made a threat could have had an outburst and insulted James Conner personally disrupting the RB rooms chemistry and camaraderie to a point it’s unsalvageable….…

No matter what you or 82 say there are things that can be said that just aren’t fixable….

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whole plethora of things he could have said. Could have made a threat could have had an outburst and insulted James Conner personally disrupting the RB rooms chemistry and camaraderie to a point it’s unsalvageable….…

No matter what you or 82 say there are things that can be said that just aren’t fixable….
Maybe he refused to include #BirdCityFootball in his tweets. :)

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You spent the entire off-season bashing Bickley as a know nothing about everything who just makes up stories… but now… you take his word as solid as oak. Interesting.
It's the way his wording is in the article. But I do generally think Bickley is a wannabe shock jock.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Uh, that's life. The janitor at Intel would get fired a lot quicker than a Vice President would.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uh, that's life. The janitor at Intel would get fired a lot quicker than a Vice President would.
I remember this story about Jimmy Johnson...

A rookie fell asleep during a meeting Johnson kicked him out of the meeting and cut him on the spot

After the practice, a reporter asked, "What if that was Emmitt Smith?"

And everyone had a good laugh.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I’m buddies with a certain coach who knows Eno well & still texts and talks with him often. He told me that Eno was told sometime Saturday by coaches he would have a smaller role if any against the Lambs & he got pretty upset. He didn’t tell me much more but I’m assuming that’s when things went south. He did say it was uncharacteristic of Eno because he’s such a great kid & such a team player. He knew he wouldn’t be on waivers for long.

It sucks, not only because I think Eno is a solid contributor but because that buddy of mine had me set up to finally meet him Saturday night before the Broncos game in Denver. Ugh lol

Good luck Eno! A totally messed up situation & screams of bigger issues within the organization imo. Who in the heck does something like that a day before a game? Wow

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I’m buddies with a certain coach who knows Eno well & still texts and talks with him often. He told me that Eno was told sometime Saturday by coaches he would have a smaller role if any against the Lambs & he got pretty upset. He didn’t tell me much more but I’m assuming that’s when things went south. He did say it was uncharacteristic of Eno because he’s such a great kid & such a team player. He knew he wouldn’t be on waivers for long.

It sucks, not only because I think Eno is a solid contributor but because that buddy of mine had me set up to finally meet him Saturday night before the Broncos game in Denver. Ugh lol

Good luck Eno! A totally messed up situation & screams of bigger issues within the organization imo. Who in the heck does something like that a day before a game? Wow
I think this is a very accurate statement. No matter what you think of Benjamin and his status as a RB, he was providing decently productive results and it's not like the guy ahead of him is tearing it up on the field. If the guy ahead of Benjamin was someone like Henry or Barkley, or Cook you could understand returning Benjamin to the bench but in this case it's Connor, James 3 yards and a cloud of dust Connor.

Reactions: PJ1

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave