Cards RELEASE Eno Benjamin

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yet instead of acquiring those guys, Eno doesn't last past the first team on waivers! Samesies tho, right?
Texans claim him.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is all good! When he leads the hapless Texans to a win, it'll help MB make the decision to dump SK!

But seriously, I got nothing. He'll at best be the backup to Pierce there.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Benjamin probably knows the offense better than either of those guys, and has had time to build chemistry with K1, Colt, the offensive line etc.

And now Eno just went from getting a paycheck to not getting a paycheck, plus he's been a fringe player for a few years now. So all of the sudden he gets his hackles up to the point where he get's thrown on the street?

The move feels wrong Krang. On a few different levels. It doesn't say "First Class Organization" or "Well run organization". It does say "no leadership in the locker room".

It feels like there might be some discontent in the locker room.
I was thinking about Eno and specifically losing a job for a guy who’s not making a ton of money. That guy goes full ham after a couple games not getting reps… to the point that they completely cut his ass?

I don’t know what happened here but it just wreaks of more dysfunction within the franchise.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Except that is the complaint by most of our former players who have issues...They understand it is a business but they were never looked in the eye and told where they stood.

That was always in FA situations. Not mid season cuts.

Its logical to assume you tell a player what's he needs to get better at to get more time before cutting him.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So cutting the talent that you do have somehow makes sense. Got it.

What talent? He can't pass protect, he has nearly 10% drops and doesn't contribute on ST's.

In 5 of 9 games he's had sub 3.5 YPA. In 3 of his last 4 he's had 3 or less.

There's probably 120 running backs in the league and he's solidly in the bottom half.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This idea doesn't hold with 7th rounders. The Cardinals got some good use and a few actual TDs from him. That's a win.

Sounds like he was becoming a locker room problem. There are dozens of backs of his caliber right now waiting by the phone.
Who are those dozen?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What talent? He can't pass protect, he has nearly 10% drops and doesn't contribute on ST's.

In 5 of 9 games he's had sub 3.5 YPA. In 3 of his last 4 he's had 3 or less.

There's probably 120 running backs in the league and he's solidly in the bottom half.
How does someone with no talent get picked up by literally the first team on waivers?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How does someone with no talent get picked up by literally the first team on waivers?

I didn't say no talent. Its mediocre bottom half of the position talent.

You get picked up by the worst team because they are the worst team and Rex Burkhead is RB2.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You are with your numbers say you are and it’s not like the Texans are some talent Mecca…. It’s not like if the Chiefs were number one on the waiver wire they were grabbing him… lol

I like Eno but crying over him being gone is silly. Our biggest issues with the team are the comments that were just released regarding Kyler in the other thread.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't say no talent. Its mediocre bottom half of the position talent.

You get picked up by the worst team because they are the worst team and Rex Burkhead is RB2.
So when you said 'what talent?' you meant that he had talent. Jeez, you should listen to yourself sometimes...

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
When you have other players who can do the same thing, yes. You're acting like Eno was more than a backup player.

The Cardinals have Corey Clement (a guy who has actually played MORE than Eno) and Ty'son Williams. Both are of the same caliber of Eno Benjamin.
Will be interesting to see if either of them average 4.3 yards per carry like eno did.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are with your numbers say you are and it’s not like the Texans are some talent Mecca…. It’s not like if the Chiefs were number one on the waiver wire they were grabbing him… lol

I like Eno but crying over him being gone is silly. Our biggest issues with the team are the comments that were just released regarding Kyler in the other thread.
It isn't that Eno is gone. It is that this team traded draft picks for a guy (Anderson) that had a tirade against assistant coaches, and has literally produced nothing for this team.

Yet cut a player that has actually produced and was instrumental in at least one of the team's wins this year.

Where this team draws the line and how it makes decisions is one of the biggest problems with this team. I am not sure how this can be disputed.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I was thinking about Eno and specifically losing a job for a guy who’s not making a ton of money. That guy goes full ham after a couple games not getting reps… to the point that they completely cut his ass?

I don’t know what happened here but it just wreaks of more dysfunction within the franchise.
Especially so when you stop and consider the character of Eno. By all accounts, dating back to his days at ASU, Eno was consistently praised for being a guy with the highest levels of character. A guy who could always be counted upon to both do and say the right thing. The ultimate TEAM guy...
This makes no sense at all...

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It isn't that Eno is gone. It is that this team traded draft picks for a guy (Anderson) that had a tirade against assistant coaches, and has literally produced nothing for this team.

Yet cut a player that has actually produced and was instrumental in at least one of the team's wins this year.

Where this team draws the line and how it makes decisions is one of the biggest problems with this team. I am not sure how this can be disputed.

I get it. Buuut

Why even try to figure out this front office we know they suck. We all know it.

Sounds hypocritical for sure but we don’t know how bad Eno got or what was said. Some things you can’t take back.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

True... however, Eno's departure, albeit inconsequential in terms of impact on the field, is indeed yet another blemish and another symptom of a far greater problem...

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Especially so when you stop and consider the character of Eno. By all accounts, dating back to his days at ASU, Eno was consistently praised for being a guy with the highest levels of character. A guy who could always be counted upon to both do and say the right thing. The ultimate TEAM guy...
This makes no sense at all...

“Ultimate team guys” especially and most pointedly replacement level ones. Which Eno clearly is don’t get into it with assistant coaches about playing time on the sideline during the game. If they do they aren’t “ultimate team guys”

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So when you said 'what talent?' you meant that he had talent. Jeez, you should listen to yourself sometimes...

You mean when I said "What talent?" then spent several lines explaining what I meant by that?

Last edited:

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
“Ultimate team guys” especially and most pointedly replacement level ones. Which Eno clearly is don’t get into it with assistant coaches about playing time on the sideline during the game. If they do they aren’t “ultimate team guys”
I guess if you buy that story...and even if it's true that "Eno got into with an assistant coach," is he the first player to ever do such a thing? Literally, anyone who has ever been anywhere near Eno, raved about his character and his Team-First approach.
We all can believe what we choose to believe... IMO, there is MUCH more to this story, most of which would not reflect well on this franchise...

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess if you buy that story...and even if it's true that "Eno got into with an assistant coach," is he the first player to ever do such a thing? Literally, anyone who has ever been anywhere near Eno, raved about his character and his Team-First approach.
We all can believe what we choose to believe... IMO, there is MUCH more to this story, most of which would not reflect well on this franchise...

It’s widely reported that it occurred. And now your trying to believe some other possible narrative? I mean what do you think it is the team hated his beard?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard