Cardinals at Panthers gameday thread 10-2-22

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i liked the use of 12 personnel --- they ran the ball well enough to stay on schedule

used more play action (although the play results weren't great on those plays)

I thought as the game went on, Kyler showed more patience in the pocket: there was a third read throw to Ertz for 22 yards, there were a couple dump offs to the backs for good yardage where his patience pulled the zone apart enough to open them up.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
i think the cards try to
Do what the chiefs do. They are just better at it. DHop will make a difference. I think the chiefs are kinda of gimicky. They throw more 3 yard passes than any team I have seen. They just get some good
Blocking and their players break that first tackle. Then they throw down field to Keep You off kilter. I mean look at last night. 41 points and Mahomes had like 240 Yards passing. Alot of teams with flaws and good coaches making dumb decisions. This board would have blown up if we would have done what Harbaugh pulled against the Bills. How you don’t kick a Fg there in that weather and his defense made no sense.

football karma

Reaction score
i had commented earlier in the week on Kyler not hitting his deeper sideline throws

he was on and off: a deep throw to Rondale who had beaten Horn was a yard out of bounds -- but came back and hit Hollywood for the TD

if he is going to favor those kinds of throws -- he has to be better on them

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I'll say it...Hollywood Brown, to me, has been better than advertised. I know Kirk is doing well in Jacksonville, but I think if he had played anywhere near as good as Brown, whenever Dhop was injured, the Cards would have resigned him and never traded for Brown. I can't wait to see what happens when Hopkins is back in the lineup.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i had commented earlier in the week on Kyler not hitting his deeper sideline throws

he was on and off: a deep throw to Rondale who had beaten Horn was a yard out of bounds -- but came back and hit Hollywood for the TD

if he is going to favor those kinds of throws -- he has to be better on them

Yeah he's been pretty poor to the sidelines on ball that need to be accurate.

I was disappointed with the pass to Moore that was out of bounds because he had the CB beat.

And there have been some high throws on pretty easy passes.

I really wish we would throw deep more. It's such a low risk high reward play for us with the speed of Brown and Rondale.

Practically impossible to get intercepted with the CBs back to the ball. High chance of PI. And good receivers that can adjust to the flight (as I believe Moore and Brown are) make them much higher percentage throws.

We have far too much dink and dunk crap this year. Its been like the early Kliff years.

Yesterday was the first game Kyler threw over 6 YPA and was still only 6.46. That sucks.

5.8 so far after 7.9 last year. This state is the main reason the offense sucks.

football karma

Reaction score
I really wish we would throw deep more. It's such a low risk high reward play for us with the speed of Brown and Rondale.

Practically impossible to get intercepted with the CBs back to the ball. High chance of PI. And good receivers that can adjust to the flight (as I believe Moore and Brown are) make them much higher percentage throws.

We have far too much dink and dunk crap this year. Its been like the early Kliff years.

Yesterday was the first game Kyler threw over 6 YPA and was still only 6.46. That sucks.

5.8 so far after 7.9 last year. This state is the main reason the offense sucks.
having some success running the ball, mixing in play action resulted in some deeper throws being avaiable

i also wonder if "take care of the football" has been so pounded into Kylers head that he is too risk averse -- choosing clearly open shorter throws vs deeper options

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yeah he's been pretty poor to the sidelines on ball that need to be accurate.

I was disappointed with the pass to Moore that was out of bounds because he had the CB beat.

And there have been some high throws on pretty easy passes.

I think it's the way defenses are playing. If you can't eat them up underneath, the deep stuff is less open.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
having some success running the ball, mixing in play action resulted in some deeper throws being avaiable

i also wonder if "take care of the football" has been so pounded into Kylers head that he is too risk averse -- choosing clearly open shorter throws vs deeper options

Very little risk in those throws though. He just needs to be more patient in the pocket.

football karma

Reaction score
Very little risk in those throws though. He just needs to be more patient in the pocket.
sorry and to be clear: if a team is in two high safeties -- even that deep sideline throw has risk. The hash safety moves over to intercept, or, kill the wr as he catches it

current NFL conventional wisdom is that you have to be able to run the ball to get at least one of the safeties to come down within 8 yards of the LOS

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sorry and to be clear: if a team is in two high safeties -- even that deep sideline throw has risk. The hash safety moves over to intercept, or, kill the wr as he catches it

current NFL conventional wisdom is that you have to be able to run the ball to get at least one of the safeties to come down within 8 yards of the LOS
Teams usually don't play two high safeties on 3rd and short. That's how the outside receivers get 1 on 1 coverage.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose