Aaron Rodgers agrees to extension

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
You don’t get rid of Kyler before you do the FO.
Well...if we're going down the road of, "If I had the ability..." Yes, if it were me, I'd have fired Keim after the Wilks, Rosen and DUI debacles.. I've said time and time again, that no matter how people try to spin it, there was ZERO justification for keeping Keim, and even less rationale for hiring a flunky college coach who never had a second of NFL coaching experience.

However, Mikey is large and in charge...and I'm not. So, we're now stuck with Keim & Kliffy for the next few years, maybe 5. Maybe more! o_O
Given that, I see no reason why the 3rd K (Kyler) needs to remain part of this triple K dysfunctional team. Keim has his new deal. He can now comfortably admit to making yet another first-round blunder. It's not like he'll lose his job... :rolleyes:

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Right, but he wasn't doing this 3 years after he started playing either. He did become a prima donna, but he did so after becoming great. KM hasn't exceeded Kirk Cousins play yet.
Ummm... Kyler is GREAT! At least, that's what he says to the man in the mirror each morning! :p

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well...if we're going down the road of, "If I had the ability..." Yes, if it were me, I'd have fired Keim after the Wilks, Rosen and DUI debacles.. I've said time and time again, that no matter how people try to spin it, there was ZERO justification for keeping Keim, and even less rationale for hiring a flunky college coach who never had a second of NFL coaching experience.

However, Mikey is large and in charge...and I'm not. So, we're now stuck with Keim & Kliffy for the next few years, maybe 5. Maybe more! o_O
Given that, I see no reason why the 3rd K (Kyler) needs to remain part of this triple K dysfunctional team. Keim has his new deal. He can now comfortably admit to making yet another first-round blunder. It's not like he'll lose his job... :rolleyes:
Except that what is your alternative? There is none.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler is 24 years old, these takes are comical. Aaron Rodgers hadn't even started a game at Kyler's age and you people would have been begging to cut him.

If your QB doesn't win multiple MVP and Superbowl by age 24 don't pay him? Get real.
Who is begging to cut him? That is an absurd take. My comment was that Murray shouldn't get/expect Rodgers type money since he hasn't proven himself at that level.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Kyler is 24 years old, these takes are comical. Aaron Rodgers hadn't even started a game at Kyler's age and you people would have been begging to cut him.

If your QB doesn't win multiple MVP and Superbowl by age 24 don't pay him? Get real.
Rogers was playing behind Brett Favre. Comparison is not applicable .

Dan H

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You don't think that Justin Herbert will end up with more money than a deal signed this year when the cap will likely rise 30 million next year and he will be guaranteed a top 10 salary, a top 5 salary, and then a top 2 salary just by the tags?

This is the start of the next huge jump in QB salaries.

That’s a great point. It might be smart to see if Kyler would sign something like 6/300. In 3-4 years it might look reasonable.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course there is... Trade him. Get a bunch of draft picks (that Keim will screw up of course)...and try again. This has to be why Mikey decided to extend Keim, right? I mean, what else has Keim done with first-round picks?
Exactly my point.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course there is... Trade him. Get a bunch of draft picks (that Keim will screw up of course)...and try again. This has to be why Mikey decided to extend Keim, right? I mean, what else has Keim done with first-round picks?

Have to hope Keim gets lucky with drafting a quarterback sooner or later. Whats the saying, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile.

If I were Keim I'd pay some one who has a proven track record on drafting.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Have to hope Keim gets lucky with drafting a quarterback sooner or later. Whats the saying, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile.

If I were Keim I'd pay some one who has a proven track record on drafting.
Well...from all accounts, he had Kliffy whispering in his ear to grab Isabella...So, our drafting outlook looks to be in great hands! :confused:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well...from all accounts, he had Kliffy whispering in his ear to grab Isabella...So, our drafting outlook looks to be in great hands! :confused:

That's sad. Keim should tell Bidwill he wants to hire a talent coordinator who is really good at drafting.

It's cheaper than making bad draft picks.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
That's sad. Keim should tell Bidwill he wants to hire a talent coordinator who is really good at drafting.
And... Kliffy doubled down in urging for the Rondale Moore pick. Who, on the surface seemed a bit more credible than Izzy. Yet, Kliffy found a way to totally marginalize Rondale as well. Our one-of-a-kind offensive "genius" certainly earned that 5 year extension... :mad:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And... Kliffy doubled down in urging for the Rondale Moore pick. Who, on the surface seemed a bit more credible than Izzy. Yet, Kliffy found a way to totally marginalize Rondale as well. Our one-of-a-kind offensive "genius" certainly earned that 5 year extension... :mad:
Right, so extrapolating further, how can we completely expect Kyler to get better alone. smh

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, no. He's good with all the talent in the world around him but when he loses 1 player he can't even anymore. That's not a good sign.
It definitely isn't that simple and I'm sure you know it.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Not totally, but there's a loooooot of excuse making and no one ever seems to expect our star QB to ever be a star. He wants big money, a lot on this board thinks it a fait accompli he's getting big money, so I'm damn well going to hold him to big-money standards.

Stout

Reaction score
Sorry, this is not on you, but I'm beyond sick and tired of "oh, but x was injured" and "oh but y was injured" and "oh, Keim needs to do better for KM" and "oh, but, but, but..." I'm just over it. KM needs to be tons better and he needs to pick up the team around him our we're going to suck. It is on him. He wants the money, the stardom, etc, he can earn it.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, this is not on you, but I'm beyond sick and tired of "oh, but x was injured" and "oh but y was injured" and "oh, Keim needs to do better for KM" and "oh, but, but, but..." I'm just over it. KM needs to be tons better and he needs to pick up the team around him our we're going to suck. It is on him. He wants the money, the stardom, etc, he can earn it.

Injuries are a part of it, sure. Our offensive guru HC is just as responsible for not being able to have an effective offense after D-Hop went down.

I'm not putting all of it, or even most of it on Kyler. It is split right down the middle for me on half Kyler, half KK.

Stout

Reaction score
Injuries are a part of it, sure. Our offensive guru HC is just as responsible for not being able to have an effective offense after D-Hop went down.

I'm not putting all of it, or even most of it on Kyler. It is split right down the middle for me on half Kyler, half KK.
Maybe. I'd lean more KM, but that may be me. I think KM has a long, long way to go to be what we need and to be worth breaking the bank on. Then again, I think KK has a long, long way to go, so...yeah.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe. I'd lean more KM, but that may be me. I think KM has a long, long way to go to be what we need and to be worth breaking the bank on. Then again, I think KK has a long, long way to go, so...yeah.
40-45M isn't breaking the bank anymore. 20-25% of the salary cap has been the status quo for many years for QBs re-signed after their rookie deal or extensions.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen