Aaron Rodgers agrees to extension

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
no one ever seems to expect our star QB to ever be a star. He wants big money, a lot on this board thinks it a fait accompli he's getting big money,
Lmao, c’mon man, stop with the hyperbole. A majority of this board has been piling on the guy. You know you see it just like I & everyone else does.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Lmao, c’mon man, stop with the hyperbole. A majority of this board has been piling on the guy. You know you see it just like I & everyone else does.
There's a lot of that, rightly so, but there's a lot of tempering that with statements about injuries and Keim. I'm putting no exceptions on it--the kid needs to not just get better, but make this team better. Otherwise he's not a franchise QB. I'm not erasing our other (manifold) problems, but this is a problem all its own.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Right, so extrapolating further, how can we completely expect Kyler to get better alone. smh
That's fair... though, being totally honest here...I just don't see Kyler growing into a $40 Million QB under any circumstances. And even if the Cards, or some other sucker, gives in and offers an extended contract to him anywhere close to $40 Million per, that wouldn't change my opinion of Kyler one iota. My opinion of him won't change unless and until he gets a team to the Super Bowl. Not saying he would need to win it all to substantiate $40 million or more per year, but he would need to at least get to the dance and if unable to win it, get there more than once.
Based upon all I've seen thus far, I just don't see that happening, here or anywhere.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Injuries are a part of it, sure. Our offensive guru HC is just as responsible for not being able to have an effective offense after D-Hop went down.

I'm not putting all of it, or even most of it on Kyler. It is split right down the middle for me on half Kyler, half KK.
If reports are true that Kyler refuses to go under center and deplores studying tape, as god-awful as Kliffy is, you simply have to put the majority of blame at the tiny feet of Kyler....

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
If reports are true that Kyler refuses to go under center and deplores studying tape, as god-awful as Kliffy is, you simply have to put the majority of blame at the tiny feet of Kyler....
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cute.

This type of behavior is why it is hard to have legit debate...

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
If the team is gonna pay him now they need to work it to their advantage. Examine the Mahomes deal and go similar.

10 years...don't settle for less.
450,000,000... expensive right now but a steal after year 3 or 4.
It's easy to make a guy look good by what hits the headlines.

10/450m/400m guaranteed.

Awesome looking contract.

50mil signing bonus.
5mil per year salary.

35mil roster bonus on the first day of each league year.

Makes him easily cuttable at any time without hurting the cap long term.

Then you sweater the deal....
NFCWest title...1mil bonus.
Each playoff victory 1mil bonus.
NFC Championship 2.5mil bonus.
Super Bowl win...5mil bonus.

Escalators and incentives come off the next year's cap so the team has time to adjust......and they give kyler the opportunity to earn an additional 9mil or so each season if he produces....which means he has to keep progressing and learning.
But if he suxx...cut him before the start of the league year and we only carry a few bucks in dead money for two seasons and it ain't enough to really hurt us with the cap increases and the fact we would likely be back to a rookie quarterback