Let’s Take a Moment to Overreact to Kyler’s IG Page

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The Joe Burrow fanfic is hilarious. He had one of the most loaded CFB rosters of all time, his GM drafted his top college WR (Hello Steve Keim), he's beat a couple bad teams in the playoffs (the Raiders suck and he beat them with a touchdown that should have been nullified by a bad whistle, the Titans are mediocre, his defense picked Tannehil 3 times, and the Kyler-lead Cardinals smoked them). He beat the Chiefs after getting blown out of the first half because Patrick Mahomes turned in the worst half of football in NFL history. The fact of the matter is Joe Burrow has spent his college and NFL career playing for teams who are more talented than their opponents across the board, while Kyler has had the complete opposite. You want to talk about CFB playoffs, every football fan in existence knows that Oklahoma can't compete with Alabama in talent. They lost to a better team. And everybody in here knows that AZ was completely overmatched, talent and coaching wise, by LA in the playoff game. Not exactly an apples to apples comparison.

Kyler wouldn't beat the Raiders with a loaded roster? Lol.
Lol is right. About that post.

Reaction score
He just correctly pointing out how absurd it was for you label burrows the flavor of the month when all he’s done is win every playoff game in college and pros he’s ever played compared to kyler losing them all. He wasn’t so much triggered as he was getting a kick out of your minimizing a guy clearly outplaying kyler this far in their careers.
Would ''losing them all'' mean 2 games total? Just curious as a lot of other factors go into winning or losing a game. Teammates for one.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys do remember that the 49ers had both starting safeties out in the game Colt started, they had Dre Kirkpatrick playing CB in that game, he was cut a week later. That's why we ran the ball so well against them in that game they were playing to protect the secondary.

Colt played great, I wish Kyler would run the screens the way Colt did.

The first game their defense was essentially healthy I think they had their 3rd CB out. It was their offense that was missing guys, Lance started the game. That same defense nearly got them to the SB this year

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
can we also just acknowledge how much AWFUL press the Cards have gotten in the last couple months?

They totally face-planted at the end of the season and were called frauds.

Then, they had a humiliating playoff loss.

Then, there was the story about a big blowout amongst the GM, Owner, Coach.

Then, there was the story floated about not paying playoff bonuses.

Then, they were named in a lawsuit about leaguewide Racism.

And, now there's this media ish-storm around Kyler.

And through ALL of that, we've literally heard nary a peep from anyone at the Owner's level or GM or Coach... about any of the above.

That's an ugly 6 weeks of media.
So . . . the Cardinals.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
OMG. Let me know one player whose production Kyler has elevated with his play.
Maybe you're missing the point. I just said that we don't know what kind of player he would be with Kyler. Maybe better, maybe worse..

K1Day1

Veteran
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone on this board has heard any comments on this situtation from Michael Bidwill, Steve Keim of Kliff Kingsbury?
It would seem if they are quiet about it then there may be nothing to all of this.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
And facts are the offensive roster is completely different. That is a fact. What could be an opinion, but is OBVIOUS to anyone with any football IQ at all - Cinci has FAR better weapons than AZ.
You’re inability to see the reality of burrow-kyler will be the calling card of your “football IQ” on ASFN for eons.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Replace Jamarr Chase with AJ Green, Tee Higgins with Christian Kirk, Tyler Boyd with Antione Wesley, Joe Mixon with James Conner and a broken rib... that team ain't getting past the first round. Lol. Not to mention the defense.
And also add chase Edmonds and ertz. That team absolutely gets beyond the first round and assuredly doesn’t show the wretched play that kyler did.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone on this board has heard any comments on this situtation from Michael Bidwill, Steve Keim of Kliff Kingsbury?
It would seem if they are quiet about it then there may be nothing to all of this.

I dont think anybody has heard from these jokers since the season ended.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ha! Look no hard feelings, and I was only joking with you a little this afternoon. This is not a "I'm out" post, but I really need to stay out of debates about our players so I can work a bit more. So while I will lurk and read everyone's comments, I'll stop posting for a while.

@GoldGloveschmidt
@SoonerLou
@DaHilg

Fight the good fight as long as you can stand it guys, haha. I am with you in spirit. Best to everyone,
Best to you too. Don’t take anything on here personally. It’s a sports message board. All should be taken in fun.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I'll think even less of our FO if they give KM a lucrative extension at this point. He in no way, shape, or form has earned it yet. I'm not saying to low ball him, just not give him a new deal yet. Go correct his major gaping holes in his game this year, THEN talk.
The market is the market. And the market says extend him.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Mahomes & Allen are the only ones with confidence I would take over Burrow. Herbert maybe, but he did have letdowns in the later half of the season.

Waiting until Watson plays a snap again before ranking him.

Love Lamar, but ranking him over Burrow I just don’t feel good about anymore.
Agree with everything here.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
The kid has no gripes. NONE. He's still under contract, his contract isn't close to being "up" and he's a massive part of the problem. Try being part of the solution and EARNING the big extension first. All he's earned is more time for us to hope he develops into what he's supposed to be.
Despite your perceived gripes he’s earned the extension. That’s the market. Any functional organization (that doesn’t include our screwed up org) would’ve already started working up a new contract or at least put something together verbally.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Would ''losing them all'' mean 2 games total? Just curious as a lot of other factors go into winning or losing a game. Teammates for one.
Uh how many playoff clinching games and playoff games has kyler lost? FIVE out of two years. He’s 0-5 in those games. And absolutely teammates and coaches factor in. BUT SO DOES KYLER and seemingly there's a contingent here that believes kyler should get complete and absolute absolution. Which is comical if anyone watched those five losses.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Despite your perceived gripes he’s earned the extension. That’s the market. Any functional organization (that doesn’t include our screwed up org) would’ve already started working up a new contract or at least put something together verbally.
Who do you think his comp is in terms of setting the market for him?

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Uh how many playoff clinching games and playoff games has kyler lost? FIVE out of two years. He’s 0-5 in those games. And absolutely teammates and coaches factor in. BUT SO DOES KYLER and seemingly there's a contingent here that believes kyler should get complete and absolute absolution. Which is comical if anyone watched those five losses.
You’re right on all counts. When the lights come trust fund dipsh-t owners, HS-level coaches who are more preoccupied with IG influencers than winning, and drunk buffoonish general managers don’t freaking matter. And Kyler has folded where others who he likes to compare himself to in similar situations have overcome. But multiple things can be true - Keim, Bidwill, and Kliff are absolute jokes who who if fired from their jobs today would be lucky to manage a Burger King while Kyler has folded in the big spots. The fact is though it’s about 100x harder to find guys like Kyler than losers like MB, Keim, and Kliff so the smart decision is rolling with the commodity.