Let’s Take a Moment to Overreact to Kyler’s IG Page

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
his GM drafted his top college WR (Hello Steve Keim),
This is a great one...One that I think of in situations like right now. Kyler, from what I had seen, was pressing hard for Ceedee and/or Marquise, in the prior draft. I have zero idea if it would have translated like Burrow/Chase combo, but I remember taking issue with it when we didn't do it. If your franchise QB you invest in with a #1 pick wants a wide out he feels a comfort level with and is in that draft range anyhow, why wouldn't you? No one knows all the little deets obviously...but stuff like this sticks for me personally.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
lol no. The point is Kyler had plenty to work with.

Murray had a top 5 receiving corp in the league with Nuk, Kirk, Green, Moore and Ertz.

And Kyler Murray was 8-0 and the leading MVP with that receiving corp.

Remove Nuk and it's bottom 5 in the league

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly has everyone here is saying. It's a childish ploy by Kyler and his agent to force contract talks.

Maybe he's already asked for a new contract. I have no problem if he has, the rules allow us to give him an extension if we want to, he has a perfect right to ask for one.

But there's plenty of other things it might be, like I said he may have said I'm getting tired of you plugging holes in FA every year because you can't draft, I want to see some tangible plan. Or maybe his agent has some new marketing scheme for him and it involves scrubbing his social media. I don't know.

Yes a contract seems logical but we don't know that's the case. He's not disparaging the organization or refusing to report.

I don't know how long you have been a Cards fan but this organization for ages had a history of problems with players. Norm Thompson was I think the first FA in NFL history to change teams, left us for the Colts. We had a string of first round picks who held out. We lost a playoff berth one year because the owner didn't want to pay market value for his draft pick so instead of taking Louis Lipps, the ROY that year in Pitt, he picked Clyde Duncan, a 3rd rounder rating who they assumed would sign cheaply. Duncan promptly held out, signed late, was a total bust and we missed the playoffs by one game largely due to not having another WR to help Lomax out.

I've seen so many players hold out because of the Cards failure to pay market value or failure to keep up with new trends in contracts etc. Under the new Bidwill things have been much better in that regard but after all those years a player possibly trying to get a new deal doesn't bother me nearly as much.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
This post is so comical in so many ways it’s not worth fully addressing. Particularly if you’re out. So I’ll let this one end on my side as well.

Ha! Look no hard feelings, and I was only joking with you a little this afternoon. This is not a "I'm out" post, but I really need to stay out of debates about our players so I can work a bit more. So while I will lurk and read everyone's comments, I'll stop posting for a while.

@GoldGloveschmidt
@SoonerLou
@DaHilg

Fight the good fight as long as you can stand it guys, haha. I am with you in spirit. Best to everyone,

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ha! Look no hard feelings, and I was only joking with you a little this afternoon. This is not a "I'm out" post, but I really need to stay out of debates about our players so I can work a bit more. So while I will lurk and read everyone's comments, I'll stop posting for a while.

@GoldGloveschmidt
@SoonerLou
@DaHilg

Fight the good fight as long as you can stand it guys, haha. I am with you in spirit. Best to everyone,
You must be registered for see images attach

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Jesus. No. No one was talking about the torque of his throws in that Philly game. Everyone expected us to roll SF the next week because “Kyler was back!”
Funny. I remember a couple people posting he had the worst 400 yard passing game. I can bring up quotes if you'd like. I was optimistic, but seeing him throw this year made me realize his release is much quicker.

If you choose to ignore the delayed throwing motion thats your deal. He had that going on AND he wasnt far enough in his development to overcome it. Both things can be true.

No matter how we both cut it up. Kyler was hurt the 2nd half of his 2nd year. And we we were without our #1 WR the 2nd half of this year. Both played huge parts in our back-to-back collapses. Maybe @GoldGloveschmidt is right about Kliff kinda being crappy on 2nd half adjustments/guys being hurt over a long time. Idk.

Either way I'd like to SEE a healthy QB + healthy #1 WR over a full season before acting like its just a QB issue. 4th year should tell the tale.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And Kyler Murray was 8-0 and the leading MVP with that receiving corp.

Remove Nuk and it's bottom 5 in the league
Put Nuk back in and Kyler still had one of his worst games of the season on MNF against the Rams who had lost 4 of 5 games by blowouts with one W against Jacksonville and had a slew of Covid effected players out including Jalen Ramsey.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Burrow over Kyler isn’t wrong nor should it be controversial. Burrow is also better than the other young QBs as well.
Patrick Mahomes is one year older than Burrow. Dunno, brah.

If I were building a franchise for the next 10 years with QBs drafted 2017 or later:
1. Patrick Mahomes
2. Josh Allen
3. Justin Herbert
4. Deshaun Watson
5. Lamar Jackson
6. Joe Burrow
7. Kyler Murray
8. Mac Jones
9. Baker Mayfield
10. Trevor Lawrence
11. Justin Fields
12. Jalen Hurts
13. Zach Wilson
---TRADE FOR KIRK COUSINS---
14. Trey Lance
15. Jordan Love
16. Gardner Minshew
17. Mitchell Trubisky
18. Tua Tagovialoa
19. Daniel Jones
20. Sam Darnold
21. Josh Rosen
22. Drew Lock
23. Dewayne Haskins

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny. I remember a couple people posting he had the worst 400 yard passing game. I can bring up quotes if you'd like. I was optimistic, but seeing him throw this year made me realize his release is much quicker.

If you choose to ignore the delayed throwing motion thats your deal. He had that going on AND he wasnt far enough in his development to overcome it. Both things can be true.

No matter how we both cut it up. Kyler was hurt the 2nd half of his 2nd year. And we we were without our #1 WR the 2nd half of this year. Both played huge parts in our back-to-back collapses. Maybe @GoldGloveschmidt is right about Kliff kinda being crappy on 2nd half adjustments/guys being hurt over a long time. Idk.

Either way I'd like to SEE a healthy QB + healthy #1 WR before over a full season before acting like its just a QB issue. 4th year should tell the tale.
Lol... he had “the worst 400 yard game ever”. Do you have any idea how ridiculous these defenses of Kyler sound? And what if Kyler’s frame means you’re likely NEVER going to see a healthy QB. Guys get banged up and don’t totally crater the way Kyler did in year 2. And to be honest whether that’s physical or mental, it doesn’t matter all that much because physicality will always be a problem and based on his statements this year, he’s definitely deficient in the mental aspects of the game. Maybe that will change, but he’s continuing to crap the bed on the mental side of the sport with this social media fiasco.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

Either way I'd like to SEE a healthy QB + healthy #1 WR over a full season before acting like its just a QB issue. 4th year should tell the tale.
we played the Niners twice, common division opponent.

Kyler...239 yards 1 TD.....104 rating......WITH DHop...

Colt McCoy... 85 percent completions,...249 yds....1 TD.... 130 rating.... WITHOUT DHop...

so,...if Colt ******* McCoy can put up an awesome game without Deandre Hopkins,....why does his absence totally ruin Kyler Murray?

thats not rhetorical

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

If I were building a franchise for the next 10 years with QBs drafted 2017 or later:
1. Patrick Mahomes
2. Josh Allen
3. Justin Herbert
4. Deshaun Watson
5. Lamar Jackson
6. Joe Burrow
7. Kyler Murray
8. Mac Jones
9. Baker Mayfield
10. Trevor Lawrence
11. Justin Fields
12. Jalen Hurts
13. Zach Wilson
14. Trey Lance
15. Jordan Love
16. Gardner Minshew
17. Mitchell Trubisky
18. Tua Tagovialoa
19. Daniel Jones
20. Sam Darnold
21. Josh Rosen
22. Drew Lock
23. Dewayne Haskins
Mahomes & Allen are the only ones with confidence I would take over Burrow. Herbert maybe, but he did have letdowns in the later half of the season.

Waiting until Watson plays a snap again before ranking him.

Love Lamar, but ranking him over Burrow I just don’t feel good about anymore.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Lol... he had “the worst 400 yard game ever”. Do you have any idea how ridiculous these defenses of Kyler sound? And what if Kyler’s frame means you’re likely NEVER going to see a healthy QB. Guys get banged up and don’t totally crater the way Kyler did in year 2. And to be honest whether that’s physical or mental, it doesn’t matter all that much because physicality will always be a problem and based on his statements this year, he’s definitely deficient in the mental aspects of the game. Maybe that will change, but he’s continuing to crap the bed on the mental side of the sport with this social media fiasco.
Again do you want me to quote several posters who said that? I was arguing against it as the optimist.

Maybe, maybe not. Time will tell. No matter how you cut it up AJ Green was the #1 WR for Joe Burrow and it got him all of 2 wins. And posters here were trying to spin it like it was a Burrow problem. So yea I think believe Hopkins being back would make a difference isnt a leap. Last season's collapse vs this seasons collapse seemed to be 2 totally different reason. But hey thats just my opinion.

Colt McCoy... 85 percent completions,...249 yds....1 TD.... 130 rating.... WITHOUT DHop...

so,...if Colt ******* McCoy can put up an awesome game without Deandre Hopkins,....why does his absence totally ruin Kyler Murray?

thats not rhetorical

That was actually our last great running game of the season (would have been the Lions game but Kliff opted out of that)

In terms of football strategy I think we pulled one over on the 49ers.
Defensive Coordinator DeMeco Ryans

LB Fred Warner said you're still preparing for Arizona Cardinals QB Kyler Murray to be the quarterback on Sunday?

"Yes, for sure. We are still preparing for Kyler to be the quarterback and until we hear anything else different. That guy's been a competitor all his career throughout college and in the NFL. So, fully expecting him to play."
They were giving us tons of space for underneath throws. They had their young safeties playing deep as though they feared Kyler (and the #1) deep passing attack at the time. Botched job by them.

Seemed like the Panthers were the only team to realize with no Hopkins you just play man and take away the short passes.

Now Im just going off their word and how they prepared.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

thats not rhetorical
Could ask the same question about the Seattle games where McCoy was like threw for 328, 2 TDs and no picks leading us to a road W.., and Kyler totally crapped the bed against the same woeful D, with the same weapons, at home.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could ask the same question about the Seattle games where McCoy was like threw for 328, 2 TDs and no picks leading us to a road W.., and Kyler totally crapped the bed against the same woeful D, with the same weapons, at home.
And what’s your excuse for this game @SoonerLou which happened AFTER the Niners game?

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
And what’s your excuse for this game @SoonerLou which happened AFTER the Niners game?
McCoy played great. Seattle were without both starting corners. Jamal Adams proved once again to be a liability

Also helps that after the disastrous Panthers game most thought Kyler was coming back. Panthers were the only team who openly prepared for Colt I believe.

Still McCoy got it done. Great game by him.

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

1. Patrick Mahomes
2. Josh Allen
3. Justin Herbert
4. Deshaun Watson
5. Lamar Jackson
6. Joe Burrow
7. Kyler Murray
8. Mac Jones
9. Baker Mayfield
10. Trevor Lawrence
11. Justin Fields
12. Jalen Hurts
13. Zach Wilson
14. Trey Lance
15. Jordan Love
16. Gardner Minshew
17. Mitchell Trubisky
18. Tua Tagovialoa
19. Daniel Jones
20. Sam Darnold
21. Josh Rosen
22. Drew Lock
23. Dewayne Haskins
You must be registered for see images attach

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
After shilling all year for Kyler as being a transcendent, special talent I feel compelled to get a few things off my chest.

It’s entirely probable Kyler has a legit beef with the organization. We’re assuming it’s money related (it probably is) but that doesn’t make it true. There’s plenty of disfunction within this org—and frankly Bidwill always gets a pass, even though issues remain year after year. There’ve been a number of players and coaches who have left for greener pastures (TM, PP and coach BA to name “recent” examples) and many of their complaints have been the same. It’s a complicated issue I won’t get too much into here, but I think we can all agree there’s a chance Kyler has legit beef.

Having said that…

How you handle said beef says a lot. We can argue about his intentions or whether he should even respond, but I believe most rational people acknowledge the fact that, given that he is literally on an e-sports team and grew up “online”, I think it’s fair to assume he knows exactly what he is doing.

Once these matters are simplified (and they’re not complicated), the only question is how much money does Kyler command.

I haven’t had time to post recently but have said to anyone who will listen: his play in the end zone in that game is Mark Sanchez butt fumble level bad. It’s Cam Newton not diving on the football level bad. I have never seen a QB so terrified in my life. Athletes can prepare for big games, but from what he’s said himself he doesn’t study film on that level. You can prepare x’s and o’s but the only way to know if you have the “it” factor to win those games is to play them. That fear and level of panic don’t just leave a person through film study or lifting weights. Have any of you, ever, even one time, seen a QB that terrified who then went on to win a SB? In the history of this league, surely there must be one time, right? My guess is no. Football isn’t built that way.

If this is a money issue, it’s because he crapped his pants in the biggest game of his life and realizes he better get paid now rather than later. And I know it’s considered “uncouth” to discuss his diminutive size, but let’s be honest, it matters. It’s not just being unable to see over linemen at times, it’s the fact that he can’t take even half the hits a 6’5 250 lb QB can take. This creates a concern let’s call it in his mind that other QB’s may not have. It’s simple physics.

I don’t know how much money Kyler deserves, but after his performance in that last game I wouldn’t give in to his childish (extreme passive aggressiveness) gameplaying.

The hitting really starts the last month or so of the season, that’s when the finesse football of KK and Kyler fall apart.

(Apologies for the length)
Kyler and his agent do not want to be in the situation Baker Mayfield is in. They really want to get paid now and not have to worry if he has another late season crumble or injury or further plateau.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This is a great one...One that I think of in situations like right now. Kyler, from what I had seen, was pressing hard for Ceedee and/or Marquise, in the prior draft. I have zero idea if it would have translated like Burrow/Chase combo, but I remember taking issue with it when we didn't do it. If your franchise QB you invest in with a #1 pick wants a wide out he feels a comfort level with and is in that draft range anyhow, why wouldn't you? No one knows all the little deets obviously...but stuff like this sticks for me personally.
Lamb is far from Chase.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I've never seen you and Micah Parsons in the same room before.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

In all seriousness. Its ok if he's not Burrow. NFL players (judging by the few NFL list leaks) seem to think highly of Kyler. Just on us as an organization (Kyler as well) to get the best out of him.
How about Kyler try to get the best out of Kyler. It can't always be the WR's fault, or the coach's fault, or the GM's fault, or the OL's fault. The most important position in football is QB for a reason. And KM has admitted he doesn't put in the needed work.

Stout

Reaction score
What’s the point here? That Kyler was doing more with less? Yes I agree.

Burrow is actually my second favorite QB in the league today outside of Kyler… if Cleveland and Baltimore wouldn’t have been ravaged by Covid and injuries the second half of the season the Bengals may not even be in the playoffs.
If ONLY Kyler could do more with less, we would've clinched the playoffs earlier. Problem is, he transcends nothing. In what way has he elevated the team in times of adversity or importance in the year?

Stout

Reaction score

thats not rhetorical
Game, set, and freaking match.

Stout

Reaction score

Nobody said it's just a QB issue. Some folks won't admit there is in any way, shape, or form a single issue with the QB, which is driving the argument here. There are multiple issues, except some folks want to pawn it off on everyone else on and around the team.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort