Let’s Take a Moment to Overreact to Kyler’s IG Page

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Revisionist ********.

Colt McCoy posted wins with a more depleted roster using the same backups.
The game he lost he didn't refuse to go out with his teammates and finish the game.

Amazingly enough when McCoy beat the Niners all the talk was about how we won due to our quality depth.
.....kyler ***** the bed and suddenly it's because we have poor depth.
That's some weak ass ******** right there.
First of all, Kudos to Keim for actually finding us a good backup QB. And yes, kudos to McCoy for playing extremely well in 2 of the 3 games. The loss to Carolina was a failure across the board, not just McCoy. And huge kudos to KK in those games for his play calling. But I think your being a bit revisionist if you think the defense we were playing in the beginning & middle of the season was the same D we played down the stretch. It wasn't. And even though our run D was poor all season, our D was forcing turnovers at record levels earlier on. We forced 3 TO's in the game that McCoy beat SF. In our first 12 games (10-2), our D forced 23 turnovers. In our last 6 games (1-5), our D forced 4 turnovers. That's a HUGE disparity. Without creating turnovers, a banged up DL, and a very banged up Secondary, our D down the stretch could not get off the field & consequently couldn't stop anyone. It's not revisionist on my part to say that the D during the 1-5 stretch at the end was NOT the same D played during the 10-2 start. It just wasn't. Add the OL injuries & injuries to Hop & Moore, and it's not rocket science why we finished the way we did. Nothing revisionist, just the facts.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You realize you're also poo pooing your boy KM there, too, when you poo poo the offense. You can't say it was the defense, then mock the OL and "Kliffy," but credit KM.

Fact is, we were clicking on all cylinders during that stretch. The OL was good, KM was good, KK was good...heck, special teams, too. Then...we as a team sucked.
Umm not really.. contrary to the IHKC’s beliefs - many of us who believe in Kyler as a franchise QB still see a lot of faults and development needed in the QB. I don’t feel like he played well against the Jags or 49ers. Although Jags are were a weird team in 2021 - they made Josh Allen look terrible and essentially sealed Wentz’s fate as a Colt.

What I do recognize (and so Kyler supporters), that there were far bigger problems that had a chain reaction with our team. Our oline sucks period. Not a coincidence we were without Hudson most of the SF game and our offense stalled. The lone Olineman I have any confidence in when healthy. Not a coincidence our record with Hudson and without him. Not a coincidence of our records w Nuk and without him. This teams offense is pretty bare bones without Nuk and Hudson. I love James Conner, but he’s not a guy that’s going to get you chunk plays. He serves his physical roll to a T! But this offense was NEVER going to out physical a team in a ground and pound game. You need chunk plays to win in the NFL today. You need players who can get separation. We don’t have this. Queue the IHKC, “we had players open all the time, kyler just didn’t see them”. That’s so false, every QB in every game has a few open players that they failed to throw too.. BUT in watching the playoff - Bills, KC, Cinci, Rams - those teams have players WIDE open ALL the time. If you are saying we did as well you are flat out lying .

Kyler has a lot to improve on but he made great strides in 2021. Ultimately, we need to do what other teams are doing w their young franchise QB and give them the weapons abs oline to succeed. Then if he doesn’t it’s on him.

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
First of all, Kudos to Keim for actually finding us a good backup QB. And yes, kudos to McCoy for playing extremely well in 2 of the 3 games. The loss to Carolina was a failure across the board, not just McCoy. And huge kudos to KK in those games for his play calling. But I think your being a bit revisionist if you think the defense we were playing in the beginning & middle of the season was the same D we played down the stretch. It wasn't. And even though our run D was poor all season, our D was forcing turnovers at record levels earlier on. We forced 3 TO's in the game that McCoy beat SF. In our first 12 games (10-2), our D forced 23 turnovers. In our last 6 games (1-5), our D forced 4 turnovers. That's a HUGE disparity. Without creating turnovers, a banged up DL, and a very banged up Secondary, our D down the stretch could not get off the field & consequently couldn't stop anyone. It's not revisionist on my part to say that the D during the 1-5 stretch at the end was NOT the same D played during the 10-2 start. It just wasn't. Add the OL injuries & injuries to Hop & Moore, and it's not rocket science why we finished the way we did. Nothing revisionist, just the facts.
Agree about the D overall.
Around week 12 the entire team crapped the bed...
Offensive ToP dropped by 3 minutes and our defensive turnovers came to a screeching halt.
Those two are probably related.

I haven't had the heart to deep dive the data but I would guess our turnovers went from around +18 through week 12 to a -9 during the last 7 games.
Whatever happened affected the entire team. Both sides of the ball got worse. This is indicative of locker room dysfunction or poor management....or both.

But what happened around week 12 that could cause strife on both sides of the ball?
I could see Greens gaff at the end of the Packers game affecting the offense if AJ and kyler ain't man enough to squash it.....but surely the defense didn't get drawn into that....?

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hart threw too many interceptions. More than TD’s in his career.
Only a bit, relative to other QBs of the era, but more INTs than TDs used to be typical:

HOF Griese 192 TDs, 172 INTs, +0.6% difference in rate. (1967-1980)
HOF Bradshaw 212 TDs, 210 INTs, 0% difference. (1970-1983)
Hadl 244 TDs, 268 INTs, -0.5% difference. (1962-1977)
Hart 209 TDs, 247 INTs, -0.8% difference. (1966-1984)
HOF Stabler 194 TDs, 222 INTs, -0.8% difference. (1970-1984)
HOF Namath 173 TDs, 220 INTs, -1.2% difference. (1965-1977)

...dave