Let’s Take a Moment to Overreact to Kyler’s IG Page

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
if Kyler came out today and said there's nothing to this don't worry about it, would people stop?

Remember when the rumor was Chandler had Covid really bad and wasn't coming back anytime soon and then he went on Twitter and said something about don't believe what you read, and everyone said well of course he's not going to admit it?

We don't know the truth, we have no idea what's going on. I'm assuming he knows, his agent knows, and the Cards by now know. It's probably contract related.

If Murray is saying trade me or I'm out yes I'm furious, if he's saying give me a massive new deal or I'm out I'm not happy. But essentially what's happening now is people trashing a guy who hasn't said a thing and literally last week was showing up in pics at the pro bowl with his "brothers" talking about bonding.

Maybe he's trying to leverage the Cards to do something that he thinks helps the team, like he wants us to keep Kirk, or he wants to be heard more on draft picks etc. I'm not in favor of letting Kyler run the draft mind you but I do think we would have been a better team for taking Lamb or Wirfs, who were all apparently guys Kyler told Keim he was interested in us picking. Maybe Kyler is saying look I want to see some actual plan here, whether you're picking for offense or picking for defense I want someone to spell out for me what the plan is.

So far since we got him all we've done is acquire D Hop and Ertz, great player and nice pickup but we haven't drafted a WR or OL high since we picked him. We've gone defense and so far those picks were not instant impact guys.

Kyler is friends with Russell Wilson and other NFL QB's, maybe he's been told over and over don't let them do to you what they did to me, tell them you want input.

But I don't think bad mouthing him when we don't even know what's going on is going to solve anything.

Yes it would, and we do know what's going on.

After 4 days it's clear.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If Murray needs everything around him to be perfect he's not a very good QB is he?

All your excuses are shifting the blame to the O line, coach, WRs etc. Good quarterbacks find ways to win on the field.

But those QBs would come out prepared for a playoff game.

Yeah, Brady being blown out the following week in the first half 21 to 3 in the same exact fashion is because he's not a very good QB... please. His weapons were hurt too. He had the benefit of a defense who forced 4 turnovers to give them a chance in the 2nd half. Pretending like QBs should be able to win with scrubs around them is just nonsense. Extremely rarely happens.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Surprising that the Bengals, with more talent than any team they played, were underdogs in every playoff game they played other than the Raiders. And are dogs versus the Rams. If they win, I'm sure Burrow will have little to do with it and will be a bad call or some other excuse for their win.
Uhhh this is hilarious.. you do realize 99% of the time the lower seeded team is the dog in the playoff match-up.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And facts are the offensive roster is completely different. That is a fact. What could be an opinion, but is OBVIOUS to anyone with any football IQ at all - Cinci has FAR better weapons than AZ.

Burrow had almost identical yards per game. The Bengals had almost identical points scored.

But weapons...

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Burrow had almost identical yards per game. The Bengals had almost identical points scored.

But weapons...
What’s the point here? That Kyler was doing more with less? Yes I agree.

Burrow is actually my second favorite QB in the league today outside of Kyler… if Cleveland and Baltimore wouldn’t have been ravaged by Covid and injuries the second half of the season the Bengals may not even be in the playoffs.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes it would, and we do know what's going on.

After 4 days it's clear.

So what's going on? Be clear what exactly is Kyler Murray doing?

And no it wouldn't. Literally last year Aaron Rodgers had to spend weeks with people posting one thing after another about what he was doing. Rodgers basically avoided the media for a month, didn't do anything as rumors flew round and round about him and what he wanted. At one point we were told emphatically Rodgers hates the front office, hates the GM and will NOT be a Packer as long as GM Gutekunst is still employed by the Pack. Rodger finally did an interview said it was about culture etc and then all the speculation stopped.

No wait it didn't stop people still kept insisting he wanted a trade, he hated Gutekunst, he hated Jordan Love etc, he'd never report. And then Rodgers reported, Gutekunst stayed GM, they won their division and to this day we don't honestly know what really happened, and no matter what Rodgers says, nobody will believe him.

Kyler is a few days in and it's not like the Rodgers situation with that one there were tons of people insisting they knew Rodgers was forcing his way out, he will never play for the Packers again, nobody is saying anything like that with Kyler yet.

Well the fans are, but nobody is claiming to know it for fact like they did with Rodgers

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Replace Jamarr Chase with AJ Green, Tee Higgins with Christian Kirk, Tyler Boyd with Antione Wesley, Joe Mixon with James Conner and a broken rib... that team ain't getting past the first round. Lol. Not to mention the defense.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Also not trying to defend Kyler cause I really don’t want to after that playoff loss, but yea.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh cool. So no one is talking about it at all? I thought it caused a stir. My bad.

Yes people are talking about but nothing tangible has actually happened, that we know of. he hasnt' demanded a trade, threatened to retire to play baseball or video games etc.

We have no idea what's actually going on.

PlayerHater

Veteran
Reaction score
Kyler most likely knows he needs his big money deal now after a good stat season and is doing what kids do these days for attention. He and his agent know if he has another year like he has been having that his market value will not be what they want for a big deal next year.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
And facts are the offensive roster is completely different. That is a fact. What could be an opinion, but is OBVIOUS to anyone with any football IQ at all - Cinci has FAR better weapons than AZ.
I've never seen you and Micah Parsons in the same room before.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

In all seriousness. Its ok if he's not Burrow. NFL players (judging by the few NFL list leaks) seem to think highly of Kyler. Just on us as an organization (Kyler as well) to get the best out of him.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes people are talking about but nothing tangible has actually happened, that we know of. he hasnt' demanded a trade, threatened to retire to play baseball or video games etc.

We have no idea what's actually going on.
All the more reason for a man to come forward and say "Here's what is going on..."

But that would require maturity and communication.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What’s the point here? That Kyler was doing more with less? Yes I agree.

Burrow is actually my second favorite QB in the league today outside of Kyler… if Cleveland and Baltimore wouldn’t have been ravaged by Covid and injuries the second half of the season the Bengals may not even be in the playoffs.

lol no. The point is Kyler had plenty to work with.

Murray had a top 5 receiving corp in the league with Nuk, Kirk, Green, Moore and Ertz.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And Kyler wasnt. Whats your point?
Everyone said Kyler looked just fine when he beat Philly last year... but apparently he was injured again when he totally crapped the bed against the 3rd string Niners team the next week when we could have clinched a playoff spot at home.

Last year’s injury is a garbage excuse when he showed to be miraculously fine for one game against Philly wedged into the other middling-bad performances, especially the putrid performance right after Philly against SF’s JV team.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So what's going on? Be clear what exactly is Kyler Murray doing?

And no it wouldn't. Literally last year Aaron Rodgers had to spend weeks with people posting one thing after another about what he was doing. Rodgers basically avoided the media for a month, didn't do anything as rumors flew round and round about him and what he wanted. At one point we were told emphatically Rodgers hates the front office, hates the GM and will NOT be a Packer as long as GM Gutekunst is still employed by the Pack. Rodger finally did an interview said it was about culture etc and then all the speculation stopped.

No wait it didn't stop people still kept insisting he wanted a trade, he hated Gutekunst, he hated Jordan Love etc, he'd never report. And then Rodgers reported, Gutekunst stayed GM, they won their division and to this day we don't honestly know what really happened, and no matter what Rodgers says, nobody will believe him.

Kyler is a few days in and it's not like the Rodgers situation with that one there were tons of people insisting they knew Rodgers was forcing his way out, he will never play for the Packers again, nobody is saying anything like that with Kyler yet.

Well the fans are, but nobody is claiming to know it for fact like they did with Rodgers

Exactly has everyone here is saying. It's a childish ploy by Kyler and his agent to force contract talks.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Everyone said Kyler looked just fine when he beat Philly last year... but apparently he was injured again when he totally crapped the bed against the 3rd string Niners team the next week when we could have clinched a playoff spot at home.

Last year’s injury is a garbage excuse when he showed to be miraculously fine for one game against Philly wedged into the other middling-bad performances, especially the putrid performance right after Philly against SF’s JV team.

He was miraculously better vs Philly and the Giants. He was only injured vs good teams when we needed him to step up.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
lol no. The point is Kyler had plenty to work with.

Murray had a top 5 receiving corp in the league with Nuk, Kirk, Green, Moore and Ertz.
That is the most hilarious take of all !!!! Hahahaha you mean bottom 5 in the league right? You have to mean that. Must of been a typo.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That is the most hilarious take of all !!!! Hahahaha you mean bottom 5 in the league right? You have to mean that. Must of been a typo.

No. If you think we had a bottom 5 receiving corp I'll have some of what you are smoking.

I mean, who do you think caught all the balls that gave us the 11th most passing yards per game? Or the 6th most yards per attempt? Or the 9th best team passer rating?

Sorry, I forgot. Murray needs Nuk, Kupp, AJ Brown and CeeDee Lamb at WR to get the best out of him.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Philly was a pretty terrible defense. And he still "looked" different. Not the same velocity and torque on his throws. Just compare how he threw the ball the end of last season to this season.

Even with that we make the playoffs if we had a decent kicker.

This season Kyler looked like the same guy all year. He's just obviously better with Hopkins.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
No. If you think we had a bottom 5 receiving corp I'll have some of what you are smoking.

I mean, who do you think caught all the balls that gave us the 11th most passing yards per game? Or the 6th most yards per attempt? Or the 9th best team passer rating?

Sorry, I forgot. Murray needs Nuk, Kupp, AJ Brown and CeeDee Lamb at WR to get the best out of him.
Lol no I’m done with the banter here.. that gave me a great laugh! Even the I HATE Kyler Crew can’t even defend that lol - top 5 weapons lmao. Stop it lol

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Philly was a pretty terrible defense. And he still "looked" different. Not the same velocity and torque on his throws. Just compare how he threw the ball the end of last season to this season.

Even with that we make the playoffs if we had a decent kicker.

This season Kyler looked like the same guy all year. He's just obviously better with Hopkins.
Jesus. No. No one was talking about the torque of his throws in that Philly game. Everyone expected us to roll SF the next week because “Kyler was back!”

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedzBetz