Divisional games 1-22-2022

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Would be crazy is SF v Bengals SB again. Cincy can't shake them...
I would actually like that of all the choices. Would be nice for a change, although Buffalo vs Niners would be good also. Looking forward for an AFC Bills vs Bengals shootout, or another blizzard game like tonight. I love those blizzard games.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They were proper post season games. Even matched battles of coaching that came down to great plays by individuals when it mattered.

Joe Burrow was sacked 9 times and still won. All QBs, especially Rodgers, knew where their hots were and didn't hold the ball too long. Maybe Kyler can learn something from that and stop buzzing around the backfield like a fly in a bottle. Stay in the pocket, step up, 1-2-nothing open, check it.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
They were proper post season games. Even matched battles of coaching that came down to great plays by individuals when it mattered.

Joe Burrow was sacked 9 times and still won. All QBs, especially Rodgers, knew where their hots were and didn't hold the ball too long. Maybe Kyler can learn something from that and stop buzzing around the backfield like a fly in a bottle. Stay in the pocket, step up, 1-2-nothing open, check it.
absolutely and the games were fun to watch. there was a lot of sloppy play by all of the teams. But there wasn't a lot of difference between the teams either. 49ers are definitely a physical team and they do not give up on the run game regardless of the circumstances. Samuel is the MVP of the league right now. I hate to say it, but I'm enjoying watching that type of football, unfortunately its coming from them and not my team.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Brady retires, Rodgers goes to TB. TB wins 3rd SB in a row. Except TB is not winning the SB this year, so that scenario will never happen. Just a fanciful thought before my 2nd cup of coffee.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Football is strange this season, being the most inconsistent season I can remember when trying to chart a team. The Niners and teams like the Bengals have come in hot and that's in keeping with having to be peaking to win in the playoffs, but I have a hard time believing these teams can hold onto any mojo, because no team really does now. Could the Cardinals beat the Niners? Yeah, along with the Cowboys because some teams just stack up well against another, be it the players or schemes which sometimes a team's overall record does not exactly determine which one has the advantage. Could the Cardinals beat the Rams or the Packers right now? Hell no, we do not match up well with those guys
I guess we don’t match up well against the Lions and the Panthers either.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Who would have thought in the end, Rodgers would be disliked by more people than Tom Brady. Here we are...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe in the 1st half of the season. But, not after our D collapses. In our stretch drive, the D got run ALL over, and we only forced 4 TO‘s in our last 7 games. I don’t care how your offense plays, we weren’t going to win many games with the defense we put on the field.
Well we weren’t and aren’t going to win many games score 18 pts average a game either.
Going into this season I believed the onus was on our offense. They would have to carry the team because of our defense. We did just that in the first half of the season.
The big thing now is why this offense TOTALLY crapped the bed.

eastcoastDave

Veteran
Reaction score
Well we weren’t and aren’t going to win many games score 18 pts average a game either.
Going into this season I believed the onus was on our offense. They would have to carry the team because of our defense. We did just that in the first half of the season.
Well, if the defense is stopping the other team, thus giving Cards more offensive opportunities, then we might have scored more than 18 points per. My feeling is the team needs help on both sides of the ball. In draft and FA, I’d go after defensive backs, OL, DL. The team has to do a better job of stopping other team and then moving ball on offense. Simple, right?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Honestly, Cardinals need more help than Seahawks to turn it around.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, if the defense is stopping the other team, thus giving Cards more offensive opportunities, then we might have scored more than 18 points per. My feeling is the team needs help on both sides of the ball. In draft and FA, I’d go after defensive backs, OL, DL. The team has to do a better job of stopping other team and then moving ball on offense. Simple, right?
Hey, we’d like to be dominant on both sides of tithe ball. Unfortunately, our drafts have left us dependent on free agents which straps our cap.

So, pick a side and let’s go. I agree we need help at o-line. I don’t trust Keim drafting so I want some experience to step in from day one. I like Mike Glowinski of the colts. He would instantly be our best guard on the team. Harry mentioned Ben Jones because he can play center also.
I also like WR Cedric Wilson. IMHO he’s already better than Kirk who I will not be sad if he leaves. We’d probably need another experience Wr. DJ Chark is a guy very unhappy and coming of injury. we then hope Moore can blossom.
Then we have to figure out the rb situation. I’d like Conner but I think Edmonds leaves. Can Eno step up? There are plenty of #3 rb’s out there available.
The offense is closer to being very good and we have to get it going to take advantage of Kyler’s rookie contract.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Why did the offense crap the bed? I don’t see that as a difficult question to answer:
1. Lost Hopkins in game 7. With Hop, we were 7-0. Without him, we went 4-6. Moore missed 4-5 games. In the supposed lead role, Green dropped passes & was useless at times. Kirk went invisible & dropped passes at the most critical time. Ertz was good, but I don‘t believe he ever had a full grasp of the offense. You cannot lose one of the top receivers in the NFL, have NO ONE step up in his absence, and not expect the offense to have a significant drop off.
2. The OL was musical chairs the ENTIRE season. Hudson was very good, but he missed 4-5 games. Pretty sure we lost almost every game he was out. DJ was average at best. Probably his worst season. Pugh was always hurt, Garcia was pathetic when he had to fill in for Hudson. And the RG position was horrible all season.
3. After the first Rams game that we won, our RB group was never healthy again. I like Edmonds, but his body breaks down EVERY year. Our running game was only a threat when both Conners & Edmonds were BOTH healthy. So after week 4, Conners & Edmonds too turns being out. Last year, outside of Murray’s legs, we had no ability to convert 3rd & 4th down short yardage situations. Well, we had the same problem this year the last 6 weeks of the season.
4. As critical as some on this board have been of Murray of late, the kid still had some great numbers considering he missed 3 games & lost his ONLY real receiver in game 8. Hop had 8 touchdowns in 7 games.
Threw for 3800 yards
Completed 69.2% of his passes
Averaged 301 yards passing per game.
24 touchdown passes & 10 int
Ran for 425 yards & 5 touchdowns
Sacked 31 times
Passer rating over 100

And let’s not forget what a crap defense does to an offense. When Watt was healthy, our D definitely put our offense in short field situation. Once our D stopped creating turnovers, and it was awful the last 6 weeks of the season, our crippled offense had nothing but long fields to deal with. As teams ran through us, even when we stopped a team from scoring, they were still punting from midfield & leaving our O to start inside our own 10. In that dreadful 1st half against the Rams, we had 3 drives start inside our 5. If our D even remotely resembled what we saw with the Niners yesterday, we could have stayed in that game & flipped field position.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Losing in consecutive years to a horrible Panthers team is 1000% on the coaching staff. The next time we lose to a cellar dweller should be KK’s last on our sideline.
When a team has your number, a lot of it does come down to the coaching and schemes they run against you with their talent... there is something there, and I guess the same can be said about the Niners who apparently are the bugaboo to Green Bay

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Good Lord.

What a weird thing to even start an argument about.
Eh, forget it. I just have a peculiar radar for people’s inconsistencies. Don’t have anything vested in this conversation.

And you’re not wrong. Playing in snow sucks. Unless you’re playing pick up football with your friends in thick powder and snow pants and parka and gloves. Real football in football and those temps just hurts. And speaking as someone who grew up playing football in AZ and then played in Maine in November in college, those that grew up playing in those conditions definitely have an advantage over those that don’t. You’re just in a state of semi-shock throughout the practice or game. It’s a distraction.